Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quarterback Questions:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Quarterback Questions:

Oct 23, 2013, 3:34 PM

I'm a complete Clemson fan but am also a Newbie. I just have a couple of questions that I would really like heart-felt answers to:

1. Tajh was obviously having a really bad night. I was there, it was obvious. I understand that you stick with your quarterback; even agree with a statement earlier that you "Go home with who brought you to the prom"; however, if your prom date gets sick, don't you bring him home? I just wonder why they didn't put in Stout in the 4th quarter.

2. Jimbo: Was it really necessary to keep Winston in until the final bell. Understand his "Heisman" moment but that was done by the 4th quarter. Also thought a bit more of Jimbo....feeling like it was kind of classless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimbo is a punk

Oct 23, 2013, 3:37 PM

The offensive play calling for FSU at the end of the 4th was a punk move by Jimbo and I hope that we get to repay that one day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jimbo is a punk

Oct 23, 2013, 4:06 PM

We will get that one day and when we do, Dabo or whoever needs to pile it on high and deep! Jimbo is a classless, arrogant, small guy who doesn't get IT! He needs an attitude adjustment delivered by a right cross.

we were ranked #3...stupid to ask for mercy imho

Oct 23, 2013, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Jimbo is a punk ]

but i do think we should have taken a hard head shot at Jameis and then celebrated

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Probaby would have flagged the entire team for targeting***

Oct 23, 2013, 4:18 PM

wouldn't have hurt anythign at that point***

Oct 23, 2013, 4:18 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

No- I was glad to see the boy getting some shots in

Oct 23, 2013, 4:21 PM

at least judging by the call defensive penalties.

Re: Jimbo is a punk

Oct 23, 2013, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Jimbo is a punk ]

we will get a shot at him next year at HIS back yard, but i'm not sure you want it. also we will visit mark down in Athens at his backyard party to see gurley and marshall next year. mark those down as must see.

Yes- I think pulling out a W will be good enough but if Dabo

Oct 23, 2013, 5:50 PM

takes his foot off FSU's throat while he's at Clemson or shows them any mercy, he should be out- I had forgotten my hatred for FSU until this game- now it is all coming back even the puntrooksie.

Jimbo not a punk

Oct 23, 2013, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Jimbo is a punk ]

He called off the dogs at the end of the game in Tally. He could have scored at least two more touchdowns if he had been so inclined.

I think he left Winston in for a couple of reasons:
1) Give the kid some more game time. Yes, he seems to be playing on another level, but he is a RS Freshman. Give him some more reps, and it wasn't like he was getting banged up.

2) I think he wanted to score a few extras since Clemson has been getting a lot of press. Nothing like sticking it to the other top team in the conference when you think they've been getting a little big for their britches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU's QB did not need reps in the 4th, the only reason Jimbo

Oct 23, 2013, 6:06 PM

kept trying to pour it on us was to demoralize us for the future and rub the team's face in it. Maybe the press angle has some merit, but most analysts had FSU favored.

Answer to Question #2

Oct 23, 2013, 3:38 PM

No, it's not classless. FSU needs to do what it takes to get into the BCS #1 or #2 spot. If that takes "style points" then so be it. It's our fault for not making Winston look so bad they have to rotate out their QB.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quarterback Questions:

Oct 23, 2013, 3:38 PM

1. Tajh is our best shot you leave him in until the fat lady sings. Take him out and you've raised the white flag. Not smart especially considering Jameis was still throwning the ball around for the other team.

2. FSU needs the style points because the BCS came out that Sunday. We would have done the same if possible.

#1. He did. #2. He is.***

Oct 23, 2013, 3:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My .02 cents FWIW

Oct 23, 2013, 3:39 PM

Stout is a solid back-up but Boyd, even on a bad day, absolutely gives us the best chance to win.

When the polls are no longer a beauty contest, coaches will pull the starters and take their foot off the gas a lot sooner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: My .02 cents FWIW

Oct 23, 2013, 3:45 PM

Thanks for all of your input

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take

Oct 23, 2013, 3:46 PM

1) You hope to give your QB a chance to fight out of it. We weren't gonna get back in the game, but at the same time you hope the offense to slowly start clicking again. Didn't work that night.

2) I'm torn on this one. I don't think it was classless or anything to leave their star in, but it was dangerous. They need style points both for BCS and for a possible Heisman run (this year or next), but they also run the risk of an injury to their star. I'm not one to be upset if a team keeps scoring on us, I ope it makes the defense mad. I hope it helps them feel "disrespected" though in truth thats a bogus label. They kept scoring because they decided they needed the margin to be big.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quarterback Questions:

Oct 23, 2013, 3:52 PM

I think we would have seen FSU's backup one series earlier had they not taken over the ball on the 1' line.

Tough place to put a back up into the game

I thought it might have been a good idea to hold Tajh

Oct 23, 2013, 4:04 PM

out for a series or two when it was obvious he was struggling and maybe rattled; not as a punishment mind you, but just to let him settle down and maybe coach him up a little.

I thought it was a little classless to keep pouring it on with Winston right until the end, and also a little stupid; why risk injury?

That's just my opinion. There's a reason Dabo & Chad get paid millions and I don't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I thought the same- let Tajh take a series off

Oct 23, 2013, 4:15 PM

especially in the 3rd when the game was basically out of reach. Cole should have played the entire 4th.

Should of sat Tajh down when

Oct 23, 2013, 6:03 PM

he came off the field limping which was I believe the second quarter,would have been a good excuse to pull him at least for a series to see what Stoudt could do.

Especially since the offensive play calls late 3rd and 4th

Oct 23, 2013, 6:10 PM

looked like the base offensive, running the ball etc. Let Cole run the base offense for a series, it wasn't like Tajh was lighting it up at that point in the game anyway.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic