Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

QB question

Jan 15, 2020, 7:24 AM

I know people will crush the idea but as I watched Trevor sail on some passes. I (not being a college coach) would have tried Chase for a series if you are just abandoning the run. Florida used two qbs back with Spurrier. If we have such good qbs on the sidelines run them out a few times. I know it’s different from other positions and the idea of sitting Trevor is crazy. But sometimes you got a try something else to light a spark. Let’s use all the talent available in championship games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB question

Jan 15, 2020, 7:29 AM

It might have helped to press the reset button.
TL’s head was like back in September. We needed November TL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 15, 2020, 7:36 AM

I understand the idea, but which would you consider more likely: Chase coming in and making the throws against a defence that would throw the kitchen sink at him if they saw him come in? Or Trevor settle in and start making the throws he has made in nearly every other game?

Granted, I am not one of the ones that think, Chase would start at a quality P5 school, but I think Trevor settling down is the obvious answer. Chase was a hero against Syracuse but that wasn't Syracuse.

I'd assume we just run more and preserve the confidence of

Jan 15, 2020, 7:41 AM

the QB. A QB is less ticked off when the OC calls some runs because he's having difficulty than pulling him for another QB.

But yeah, the way TL was playing, one or the other should have been done. But by FAR I'd just assume we open the running game up and let TL fix himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd assume we just run more and preserve the confidence of

Jan 15, 2020, 8:13 AM

Maybe 2 passes were thrown over the middle the whole game. TL was like you said, trying to throw the Home run ball or the 50/50 ball all game like he did in September. But some of it is on the receivers.

How was it on the WRs?***

Jan 15, 2020, 8:50 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJ is going to push TL...

Jan 15, 2020, 8:49 AM

the kid is dynamic, but TL will remain QB1. It would be optimal to redshirt DJ and use CB or TP as a backup (whichever one doesn't transfer).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the Semi, Chase should have kept the ball for his one

Jan 15, 2020, 8:54 AM

play. He easily could have gotten 10+ yards. But I am sure he was told to hand it off.

Jan 15, 2020, 9:08 AM

Why did Trevor seem to regress as a QB from the time he got to Clemson until now?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic