Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB Depth Chart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

QB Depth Chart

Mar 16, 2017, 10:51 PM

Know A LOT will settle itself out in last part of spring practice when they return from Spring break...heard that currently Cooper coming in right behind Bryant in QB rotation- anyone dare to confirm?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB Depth Chart

Mar 16, 2017, 10:56 PM

That's basically what Elliot said. Expects Cooper to close the gap after spring break

Mar 16, 2017, 10:58 PM

Does it really matter?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 16, 2017, 11:22 PM

Not really. Fall practice will be the real tell. That will give Johnson enough time to learn the playbook and show his stuff.

I expect our QB's and WR's will be working their ##### off this summer

Mar 16, 2017, 11:37 PM

I have to agree with ancientorange. Dabo, Scott & Elliot will have them all competing by fall. Too much talent, too many options for the best man not to win the starting positions.

Mar 17, 2017, 12:54 AM

Ok.. so if I get this straight, KB is the starter right now. Cooper will be by end of spring. By end of fall, Hunter will be #1. So that means by Auburn Israel will be the starter. Whiis actually just holding it until TL getd here next year. Screw it, i say just line Big Christian Wilkins up, and run Wildcat all game! Every now and then he throws to Lawrence at TE. For real, would you step in front of that big fella? But for real, I know that while we all would love to have it all settled, we have a really nice dilemna to have to sort out. The fact is, any one of these kids probably would have been a starter from about 1990-2010 minus the Whitehurst and Woody D years. Heck, I wont be suprised to see 2 qbs play game one, no matter who wins the job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2017, 9:59 AM

> Know A LOT will settle itself out in last part of
> spring practice when they return from Spring
> break...heard that currently Cooper coming in right
> behind Bryant in QB rotation- anyone dare to confirm?

What I'm hearing as well.

I am not hearing encouraging things regarding Bryant winning the job, which disappoints me some. The knock there seems to be Bryant's throwing mechanics - still not good, per several I have talked to. He just doesn't throw nearly as well, or as naturally yet, as the guys behind him...and while he is still ahead of the froshes in terms of knowledge of the system, leadership, and confidence that gap seems likely to erode quickly because the younguns behind him are just plain better throwers.

Long, long way from being done and Bryant is still #1, but if Bryant gets caught Cooper and Johnson are apparently guys who could go streaking on by in one mighty big hurry - they're talented, talented cats and they throw beautiful footballs.

Ultimately Clemson is a system where if you're going to be a QB, you can't hide. You gotta get out there and fling that rock down the field. Under Dabo Clemson is, was, and ultimately always will be an offense built around showcasing the snazziest corps of WR in the college game.

Mar 17, 2017, 10:04 AM

All I know is that I have almost no faith in KB's throwing ability. Unless a miracle has occurred during the off-season, I would have to actually see something positive from Kelly before thinking he will be our starting QB in the fall. I see CLEMSON as being 1-dimensional when KB plays at QB. I hope I'm wrong and he becomes great. I just simply don't see how that can happen.

Mar 17, 2017, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: QB Depth Chart ]

Yep if you watch the interview with Elliot he just gushes when they finally bring up Cooper at the end. Basically said Cooper has the best arm talent he's seen since he's been at Clemson and that Cooper never seems rattled. Also noted that he is deceptively quick and able to create plays with his feet

Mar 17, 2017, 10:12 AM

That's exactly how I heard his comments. The tone of his voice actually changed and he seemed excited as he talked about Cooper.

Mar 17, 2017, 12:20 PM

I think they are just holding off on naming Coop the starter. Coach speak to create competition and push them to be their best. I expect he will be the starter at least a week before the Kent State game

Fall: 1. Cooper 2. Bryant 3. Tucker 4. Johnson (RS)***

Mar 17, 2017, 2:01 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fall: 1. Cooper 2. Bryant 3. Tucker 4. Johnson (RS)***

Mar 17, 2017, 3:27 PM

I very much doubt it.

If Cooper or Johnson pass Bryant, KB will likely either transfer - depending on how convinced he is he's a QB at the next level - or switch positions, if he isn't. There's no doubt KB has the athleticism to make the NFL as a WR or more likely a DB but if he's going to make that switch he'd have to do it soon.

All of which may be academic because he hasn't been passed yet and still holds onto the #1 spot on the depth chart at QB. I'm still rooting for him, personally, and as of right now he is still ahead. There's a reason coaches get nervous about starting freshmen at QB; I'd rather we have a veteran, more-experienced guy to take the load, as many eyes as are going to be on Clemson next year.

stop it...he's NOT going to be a DB***

Mar 17, 2017, 3:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic