Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Q&A with Radakovich about Brownell (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,639

Q&A with Radakovich about Brownell (link)

Mar 22, 2017, 10:12 PM

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/question-and-answer-with-clemson-ad-dan-radakovich-regarding-brad/article_1ed18c92-0f53-11e7-8e26-635fe06f1884.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Q&A with Radakovich about Brownell (link)

Mar 22, 2017, 10:31 PM

Thanks for sharing!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Interesting. And completely contradicts

Mar 22, 2017, 10:37 PM

what the "suits" were telling Hood over the weekend. Sometimes I think there's some plausible deniability involved. I believe DRad when he speaks for the AD that they didn't contact Wade or his reps. That doesn't mean a third party didn't feel him out.

Water under the bridge now. Let's see how next year plays out

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hood did say none of that was confirmed. Now it truly sounds

Mar 22, 2017, 10:54 PM

like Brownell was coming back all along and that Wade (nor anyone else) was seriously considered. That just blows my mind, and think it's a horrible, inexplicable blunder. I don't understand why we would basically build a new arena and add up-to-date facilities, only to keep a coach who has completely failed to produce over a very reasonable time frame. However, it's done, and I truly hope I'm wrong about all of this. I actually like Brad Brownell a lot, and if he can succeed here at Clemson next year, I'll be thrilled.

Baseball is in full swing and looking good. Another National Championship on the wall and Spring game around the corner. Still great to be a Tiger fan!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm really interested to see what changes

Mar 22, 2017, 10:57 PM

will be made. If Brad is willing to make some substantial adjustments to the program, who knows. If any staffing changes are to occur it would probably be after the Final 4. That's interview central

And Brad will be at the Final Four, so that's a good sign.***

Mar 22, 2017, 11:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Most coaches are. They have the coaches convention

Mar 22, 2017, 11:03 PM

meetings while there. I, like you, expect at least one change. Would really like to see two.

We know Brad is capable of assembling a good staff.

Mar 22, 2017, 11:07 PM

There is a reason why several of his assistant coaches were hired away as head coaches. I don't think these most recent hires were as great. Here's to a dynamic addition this time (I love your Greg Buckner suggestion).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I really think he makes some sense

Mar 22, 2017, 11:14 PM

guy loves Clemson. The lack of recruiting experience is a minus but it sure isn't hurting Avery Johnson at Bama as he's bringing in a big time class

Re: We know Brad is capable of assembling a good staff.

Mar 22, 2017, 11:18 PM [ in reply to We know Brad is capable of assembling a good staff. ]

Greg Buckner has many things going on his favor to be successful at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We know Brad is capable of assembling a good staff.

Mar 22, 2017, 11:19 PM

success is doing the best you can with the players that you get. CU's roster isn't super talented but they were competing with better teams.

Re: Hood did say none of that was confirmed. Now it truly sounds

Mar 22, 2017, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Hood did say none of that was confirmed. Now it truly sounds ]

I think every thing the AD said is right.

"This year was really an anomaly."

Mar 22, 2017, 10:54 PM

What a ridiculous statement from Radakovich.

Shouldn't a man in his position know the difference between

Mar 22, 2017, 11:03 PM

the word anomaly and travesty?

Re: "This year was really an anomaly."

Mar 22, 2017, 11:23 PM [ in reply to "This year was really an anomaly." ]

Agreed. A heavy dose of B.S.

Well it's 100% true. Before this year, CBB had only made

Mar 23, 2017, 8:33 AM [ in reply to "This year was really an anomaly." ]

the post season twice at Clemson. Once to the NCAA and once to the NIT. Therefore, because he got his team to the post season, this year was really an anomaly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He apparently didn't watch the 2014-15 or 2015-16 seasons***

Mar 23, 2017, 9:47 AM [ in reply to "This year was really an anomaly." ]

nm

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for posting. I don't think we ever considered firing Brad.

Mar 22, 2017, 10:56 PM

Despite all of the rumors that a buyout was agreed to, we were negotiating with Will Wade, etc.

If you believe DRad there certainly wasn't

Mar 22, 2017, 10:59 PM

much thought given to it. Was a lot of smoke though

Mar 22, 2017, 11:10 PM

I liked his replies. He was ready

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 22, 2017, 11:13 PM

My take ; 1. Brad is a good basketball teacher
2.win a few more of the close ones next year and we'll be ok ( as we did I the previous 6 seasons )
We have a teacher who maintains a level head
4 .In other words mediocrity is best for basketball .

Mar 23, 2017, 6:25 AM

So if you believ this and we have no reason not to, it is likely that Wade's agent was using Clemson as leverage to get a higher salary from LSU.

Here's hoping the Bayou Tigers just overpaid for an average coach and Brad turns the corner and makes Clemson basketball what we all want it to be.

BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mar 23, 2017, 9:39 AM

"But I think that we just have to understand that this year was really an anomaly."

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy really has his head stuck up his own a$$....

Mar 23, 2017, 11:12 AM

He unnecessarily negotiated a contract with CBB that was unfavorable to Clemson and we're stuck with it.

Now he's just trying to cover his a$$.

Wow...just wow !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He may be planning to leave before a change is made.

Mar 23, 2017, 1:00 PM

He doesn't stay too long wherever he works. His longest tenure is at The University of South Carolina.

What could his motivation have been for that ridiculous buyout? Just to take the job of finding and hiring a replacement off the table for 6 years? It's not clear from his words, but that seems the most likely scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,639
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic