Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What has happened to the gamechicken's fans?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

What has happened to the gamechicken's fans?

Nov 21, 2018, 10:01 PM

Their fans are all doom and gloom. I have never seen them this way ever. Its as if they have given up on football?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gamechicken's fans thought wimmins BB

Nov 21, 2018, 10:07 PM

would shine...

Re: Gamechicken's fans thought wimmins BB

Nov 21, 2018, 10:13 PM

They always have some kind of excuse, wait til next year or some kind of made up BS but not this year.

chickenfans are doing the internet equivalent of

Nov 21, 2018, 10:09 PM

muttering under their breath about the punishment they're getting ready to receive

However, Clemson fans can anticipate plenty of "Roll Tide" chants from the vicarious chickenfaithful who must rely on others to do something they're incapable of doing themselves

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: chickenfans are doing the internet equivalent of

Nov 21, 2018, 10:18 PM

I just don't know if the will do the roll tide or not. Their is something different about their fan base this year. If Clemson wins another national championship this year they will not want to play us again. Its just different this year.

It's November

Nov 21, 2018, 10:11 PM

It means elimination then domination.

But from those parking lot encounters, more will hatch in the spring not knowing the sad fate which awaits them.

Then November comes again.

Re: What has happened to the gamechicken's fans?

Nov 21, 2018, 10:24 PM

It’s one of the few times in history where Clemson is actually that much better than Carolina.

I know you guys always think there is this enormous gulf between the two programs, but generally we are pretty close with one another. The past few years have been the outlier.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

^^^^^ the most intelligent thing

Nov 21, 2018, 10:31 PM

I have ever heard a gamecock say

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys are sure slow to come around.

Nov 21, 2018, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: What has happened to the gamechicken's fans? ]

We’ve been much better for a while now.

Yes there is an enormous gulf between the two programs both now and historically whether you admit it or not.

Conference titles:
CU-23
SC-1

National Championships:
CU-2
SC-not even close to ever getting one

Clemson has several major bowl wins
SC has never been invited to one

Hate to burst your bubble but that’s an enormous gulf. But hey man keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to make yourself feel better about being a gamecock.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys are sure slow to come around.

Nov 21, 2018, 10:45 PM

The conference titles thing is dumb. We weren’t in a conference for 20 something years then we joined the SEC.

From ‘92 to 2017 the only year you would have won an SEC title was 2016.

Yeah you guys have been better than us but let’s not get unrealistic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 11:33 PM

Realistic is not something you are familiar with...it took 40 YEARS (‘69-2010)to win TWO in a row.. in the mean time lost 3 in a row once... 4 in a row 4- times..siily coot

Grover Cleveland was president the ONLY year scar led the series...21 PRESIDENTS’ ago!!..

To put this in perspective years leading the series scar is 1-118-1....You right....your view is realistic..

Conference championships are like hot women... Never important to the guy without the game to get one..
Thanks for being here... if nothing else you’re good for a laugh!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of 09 I'll give you credit...

Nov 22, 2018, 2:45 AM [ in reply to Re: You guys are sure slow to come around. ]

You've stuck it out for a while here unlike many #### fans.

Can you tell me the ratio of Conference Championships there is in the series when both teams where on equal footing (If you consider Clemson playing at your home field every year until 1960 "equal footing"). And can you tell me the times in the 20 years you didn't have a conference how many times you would have won the ACC? 1984 maybe...and?

Whatever helps you sleep at night princess !!!!

Nov 22, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: You guys are sure slow to come around. ]

u5c was a perennial doormat when they played in the SoCon (1922 to 1952)

u5c was a perennial doormat when they played in the ACC (1953 to 1970) qualifying for just ONE (1) bowl game during that time.

u5c has an all-time bowl record of 9 - 13 having NEVER played in a major bowl game and going 0 - 8 in the first eight meaningless bowl games they did attend.

During the 20 year period when u5c was an independent, the record against Clemson was 14 - 5 - 1

Clemson leads the all-time series record 69–42–4 in spite of the fact that the first 60 games in the series were played in Cootlumbia.

The gap between Clemson and u5c has always been wide but never larger than it is right now.

The betting line for the upcoming game is 26.5, which is the largest in the history of the rivalry. The second largest point spread ever (26) was in 2016 and Clemson won the game 49 points. Last year the spread was only 13.5 and Clemson won by 24.

You're obviously right...everybody can clearly see that Clemson is not that much better than u5c if better at all (rolling eyes).

Apparently being so full of **** that your eyes are brown is a prerequisite for admission to the University of Second Choice, or maybe that's just CussChamp, Flake Headroom, and you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Whatever helps you sleep at night princess !!!!

Nov 22, 2018, 8:42 AM

smh imagine trying to talk trash from the 1920s when none of us were around to even experience it.

You're confusing trash talk with history.***

Nov 22, 2018, 9:12 AM

Nov 22, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Whatever helps you sleep at night princess !!!! ]

Says the same guy that began his first post with “It’s one of the few times in history...”

You do realize that there is a “history” of college football before 2009??

Nov 22, 2018, 9:49 AM

Sure.

And I'm going to think it's safe to assume that 3-0 win for Clemson in 1922 was probably two evenly matched teams. Would you agree?

You’re so blinded by your homerism it’s not even funny.

Nov 22, 2018, 9:53 AM

Clemson is one of the top 20-25 programs of all time. You guys are well within the bottom 30.

Here sweetheart. We’re only like 36 spots ahead of you.

Nov 23, 2012, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Whatever helps you sleep at night princess !!!! ]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/ap-college-football-rankings-greatest-programs-of-all-time/amp

Don't confuse talking trash with stating facts...

Nov 22, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Whatever helps you sleep at night princess !!!! ]

I don't have to talk trash.

My teams performance does all the talking for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: You guys are sure slow to come around. ]

We hear so much that we wouldn't win in the SEC, but then we hear how the SEC helps your recruiting and makes your team better by playing better competition.

So why wouldn't Clemson get those advantages, too? We're already recruiting and winning at that level without the SEC. By your logic, wouldn't we get that same boost?

And the sole thing Carolina has to recruit against Clemson ("Come play in the SEC!") would be gone. Carolina would suck even worse.

Bloom where you're planted. Unless you're a weed, then someone will always be there to spray the Roundup.

Nov 21, 2018, 10:46 PM [ in reply to You guys are sure slow to come around. ]

"close" has to include 1984. Go Navy! LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 22, 2018, 1:21 AM [ in reply to Re: What has happened to the gamechicken's fans? ]

YIKES! Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight! I would stay away from defending defenseless positions if I were you...ESPECIALLY on here.

http://www.winsipedia.com/clemson/vs/south-carolina

In addition to the above link, Clemson established a 60%+ win ratio in the first 25 years of the series and has maintained that 60%+ ratio throughout the series history. This is in spite of the fact that 75%+ of the games were played in Columbia.

Sorry to clobber you over the head with these stats. I am bored tonight, and your post motivated me to have fun doing a little research.

I guess that would explain this?

Nov 22, 2018, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Re: What has happened to the gamechicken's fans? ]
Domination.JPG(74.7 K)

That one Heisman winner certainly does balance things out.

Facts will only confuse him...

Nov 22, 2018, 8:04 AM

or be summarily dismissed as mere anti- Capon rhetoric.

ROFL..."one of the few times"...

Nov 22, 2018, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: What has happened to the gamechicken's fans? ]

Bless your ignorant and deluded little chicken heart !!!

Nov 22, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: What has happened to the gamechicken's fans? ]

I know you guys always think there is this enormous gulf between the two programs, but generally we are pretty close with one another. The past few years have been the outlier.

Perhaps not the Gulf of Mexico, but this is a pretty large degree of separation over the 106 times we've played:

Site First Last Games Win % Wins Losses Ties Average Score
Any 1902 2017 110 0.609 65 41 4 19.77 14.51
Home 1960 2016 29 0.638 18 10 1 23.83 17.10
Away 1902 2017 81 0.599 47 31 3 18.32 13.58

So on a scale of Gulf of California to Gulf of Mexico, I'd say there's always been a pretty big one. Probably, oh, Aden or so with its importance in recruiting, brand, and strategic domination.

Given that Clemson was a land-grant ag college and then basically an ROTC unit until 1955 (some graduating classes were smaller than your average high school's until the 1950s), I'd say the domination against a state university is something to marvel at.

We weren't a university until what, 1964 or so? A full century after USuC, yet still Clemson comes out ahead. Football was a lark and we didn't get a stadium until WWII, half a century after USuC had a permanent venue, yet still Clemson comes out ahead.

What's an outlier is a jerry-rigged, duct taped fling USuC had with Steve Spurrier.
Now it's fallen apart, and things are as they've been and should be.

We're just taking off, man, and this gulf is expanding.

Nov 22, 2018, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: What has happened to the gamechicken's fans? ]

Class of 09, should be ### of 09. You are about as stupid as the rest of COOTS.

Nov 22, 2018, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: What has happened to the gamechicken's fans? ]

You do realize your program is lumped right in with the Dukes, NW and Vandys of the world, right ?
It wasn’t that long ago y’all won 1 game in 2 seasons. Then tore down the goal post after beating New Mexico st??. Just 2 years ago the coots went 3-9. I’m 45 and only remember maybe 3 losing seasons in my life, compared to S.C. football we are a blue blood.
Oh yeah Duke and NW are better programs at the moment

Put yourself in their shoes!!!***

Nov 21, 2018, 10:36 PM

Nov 21, 2018, 10:40 PM

Nov 21, 2018, 10:55 PM

LOL That sums it up.

Nov 21, 2018, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: What has happened to the gamechicken's fans? ]

Dude that is gold...gold I tell you!
Seriously best I've seen in a while.
So, those are "coot" going into hiding?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: What has happened to the gamechicken's fans? ]

You need to start a new topic on the board with that video ask say something like has anyone see a Shamecock fan.

Nov 22, 2018, 2:18 AM

With them never having a real FB team, it looks like they have decided to stop pursuing that Fantasy of ever having a FB team that could actually compete!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2018, 8:53 AM

Most Tiger posters are citing facts about Clemson's dominance. As Dizzy Dean once said, "if it is a fact, you're not bragging".

And then there is this matter of perception, the false claim to glory of all Gamecock fans. A life of "ifs". If we were in the ACC, we would dominate the conference". "If Clemson was in the $EC, they would be a bottom feeder". By their reasoning, if Clemson were in the #EC, we would join them as a bottom feeder. But since we dominate the Gamecocks, and by extension, would dominate those $EC teams they defeat, we would be in the upper level of the conference. Clemson is truly not $EC material. We have never had to hang our glory on the coattails of another team. We do it the old fashioned way, swe probvide the coattail for others and that is the encvy of the Gamecocks.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry,. they have the shortest memories of any fans

Nov 22, 2018, 10:07 AM

anywhere. 2 days after the season ends, they will suddenly start to talk about winning the Natty next year, as if it is real.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic