Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tailgating generator & setup...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,951

Tailgating generator & setup...

Aug 6, 2018, 9:13 AM

Just bought a WEN generator. Does anyone have any experience with the WEN? Has great reviews and half the price of the Honda.

This will be the first year we've set up the TV & Satellite. Other than beer, peanuts, tv, satellite, cords...what else do we need?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suggest you apologize to the tailgaters around you

Aug 6, 2018, 9:17 AM

Especially the guy you put the generator next you using your 100 ft extension cord to keep it away from you.

What dish do you have ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Geez I hope you are wrong....decibel rating listed is less

Aug 6, 2018, 9:35 AM

than the Honda EU2000I (51 vs. 53) and it is supposed to be one of the quietest.

We have the "Playmaker" by Dish. We'll test it this week and see what we have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Geez I hope you are wrong....decibel rating listed is less

Aug 6, 2018, 9:41 AM

Depending on how “in depth” you like to get when tailgating, Traeger grills makes a small wood pellet smoker (maybe called the Tailgater) that you can run with that generator that is awesome for around $200. You can set the temp and let wings or whatever smoke as long as you want. It isn’t necessary, but impressive for sure when you can cook some real smoked food without much effort.

Running a box fan on low under one of your tables for the early season games is much appreciated by All as well.

Hope you have a great year tailgating!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Geez I hope you are wrong....decibel rating listed is less

Aug 6, 2018, 9:47 AM

My bad, the grill is called the Scout or Ranger model and the price has gone up on them, $300-$400

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll second the Traeger recommendation!***

Aug 6, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Geez I hope you are wrong....decibel rating listed is less ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll second the Traeger recommendation!***

Aug 6, 2018, 2:34 PM

Go with the RecTec grill. Beats the Traeger.

Yo shouldn't have any issues with the playmaker

Aug 6, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Geez I hope you are wrong....decibel rating listed is less ]

Provided you have the correct receiver and are not surrounded on all sides by trees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Pump Up The Jam!

Aug 6, 2018, 9:44 AM

We have a similar setup and have an ION Tailgater we plug the tv into for sound, but also for radio/iPod/Bluetooth.

Here is the link from Amazon:

ION Audio Tailgater (iPA77) | Portable Bluetooth PA Speaker with Mic, AM/FM Radio, and USB Charge Port https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SNBCBGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_8-eABb495F174

I recommend the boulder or boulder 2

Aug 6, 2018, 11:18 AM

100% water proof. ..and near indestructible. I've dropped it many times and it just bounces.

The ion has a better sound at max voLume and is cheaper

Tackle Box/Tool Box for a/v cords

Aug 6, 2018, 9:46 AM

I bought a cheap plastic tool box to keep all my electrical & a/v cords and cables. That way, I can grab the toolbox, tv, generator and playmaker and go.

Really loud music, a dance pole, and lots of beer!

Aug 6, 2018, 11:53 AM

On a more serious note though, look into a good sound bar or some kind of speaker because the tv can get hard to hear at times. I have a quiet ryobi generator and a winegard auto satellite and they work great! Hopefully you have a nice open lot for good reception. Might want to look into side panels for your canopy as the sun can put some bad glares on the screen sometimes. The first couple of times and you will figure out what else you might need. Good luck with it, tailgating is half the fun. Go Tigers!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,951
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic