Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can someone esplain how these reps have millions in stocks?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Can someone esplain how these reps have millions in stocks?

Mar 20, 2020, 10:18 AM

and why does every single one of them leave millionaires. dem and pub?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They know exactly what to buy and when***

Mar 20, 2020, 10:22 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can someone esplain how these reps have millions in stocks?

Mar 20, 2020, 10:29 AM

Wait, I thought we wanted rich people to represent us cause they know what's best for us. They'll probably somehow make us all rich too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

huh? i dont hear anyone saying that but ok

Mar 20, 2020, 10:45 AM

but i dont use their richness against them if they are rich when getting elected.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Can someone esplain how these reps have millions in stocks? ]

cac2011® said:

Wait, I thought we wanted rich people to represent us cause they know what's best for us. They'll probably somehow make us all rich too.

That is correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Can someone esplain how these reps have millions in stocks? ]

Yeah that liquid trickling down on you - its not rain.

For once, we agree.

Mar 20, 2020, 10:36 AM

Congress is loaded with millionaires, and that was never intended by our founding fathers.

And, as we see, both R and D are involved in dumping stocks with insider info.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Mar 20, 2020, 10:38 AM

watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3DZh1109W8

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

They legislate the game that makes them rich

Mar 20, 2020, 10:47 AM

Have for decades. Where you find true "bipartisanship" (free trade/illegal immigration/minimum wage, etc.), you find the game they all like to play. For being so diametrically opposed in rhetoric, they're surprisingly in lock step with whatever fattens their wallets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strom Thurmond and his I-20 land purchases... an old example***

Mar 20, 2020, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 11:08 AM

And the really nice part is that they are not just allowed to own stocks, but also take money from those companies in the form of Super-PACs...and then vote on legislation regarding their own investments.

Ironically, I seem to recall a certain Latina gadfly asking that very same question a few months back:

Love the girl or hate her - and there are times I definitely want to turn a fire hose on her, myself - one cannot argue AOC does not on occasion ask some interesting questions.

Mar 20, 2020, 11:09 AM

Whoops...link:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1093680562424836096

Mar 20, 2020, 4:45 PM

DId she not get a bit sideways with her own campaign finances?

Public service man...

Mar 20, 2020, 11:19 AM

Use the public to service my desire for wealth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 11:22 AM

These people feel absolutely zero obligation to the citizens of the United States. They’re in it for themselves, period. They need to be stopped, permanently.

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2013/04/16/177496734/how-congress-quietly-overhauled-its-insider-trading-law

Mar 21, 2020, 7:56 AM

Obama certainly shouldn't have signed that bill, but putting it on him is...misleading. The bill you're referring to was actually a Republican one, sponsored by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (a Republican) and of course Mitch McConnell in the Senate. The elephants controlled both the House and the Senate after 2010...so from 2010 to 2018 pretty much anything that came out of Congress only did so on McConnell's say-so.

McConnell has always been pure pay-for-play...by policy. It's one of the most enduring criticisms of him.

Between that and the Citizens United Supreme Court ruling, Congress has effectively transformed itself - legally! - into a pay-for-play scheme that no longer even remotely works for the people. That's what blows my mind about you, Memphis. There's a real, actual, organized conspiracy going on right in full view...and you're busy donning a tinfoil hat looking for Deep Staters and Q'Anon sex ringers...and huffing up the Alt-Right fake news sites (that not coincidentally have all sprouted since 2010) sponsored by the very guys who are conspiring.

How on Earth does someone who devotes as much time perusing the Internet as you somehow not see that the guys sponsoring that fake news and buying and selling the government to big-money corporate interests - many of which are not even remotely American - are in fact the actual cabal?

But nope. Somehow, in your head: nothing to see there.

Weird, man. It really is.

Mar 20, 2020, 11:32 AM

lots of new money on the table now, you aint seen nothing yet

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry, it will all trickle down any day now***

Mar 20, 2020, 12:06 PM

Re: Don't worry, it will all trickle down any day now***

Mar 20, 2020, 4:46 PM

Maybe you should get a bucket to catch it, be the most productive thing you have ever done I bet.

Mar 20, 2020, 6:44 PM

I do just fine thank you very much. You might be surprised...

Mar 21, 2020, 5:50 AM

Yeah sure, my experience over 60 years says folks that cry like you do not do well.

Mar 21, 2020, 12:21 PM

Your experience over 60 years just says you’re an out if touch boomer who had probably stayed within 30 miles of where you grew up your whole life.

I graduated from clemson, work full time and have a profitable side business. All before i was 30 too.

I personally make more than 3 times the average american FAMILY does.. what the f do you do?

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic