»
Topic: Proud Dad
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jun 2, 2018 4:45 PM by: Ihopehedo
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Proud Dad

[24]
Posted: Jun 2, 2018 2:44 PM

When my son was six years old, we were driving to Clemson for an early season night day against Louisiana Lafayette. As we drove onto campus, the sun was setting and the sky was golden. The campus was aglow. It was such a site that even my young son noticed. He said, “Dad this place is beautiful, can I go to school here one day”. A tear welled up in my eye and I said, “Sure you can but Clemson is a hard school to get into, you have to study hard and make good grades. They just don’t let anyone in.” My son didn’t have the ACT scores to get accepted out of high school but he preserved and went to Midlands Tech for a year, making the honor role both semesters. He applied as a transfer student and got his acceptance letter today. Upon hearing the news, that same familiar tear welled up in the corner of my eye as I couldnt help but remember the words of that six year old. Son, I am so proud of you and so happy to see you living your dream of becoming a Tiger!

Congrats!

[1]
Posted: Jun 2, 2018 2:52 PM

Glad he was able to get in and make you proud.

2019 orange level member

Re: Proud Dad

[1]
Posted: Jun 2, 2018 3:16 PM

Outstanding....

Well done!***

[1]
Posted: Jun 2, 2018 3:22 PM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

[1]
Posted: Jun 2, 2018 3:37 PM

Congratulations. You have every right to be proud. Your son sounds like an outstanding young, and will be an asset to Clemson. Wow! Another tiger in the fold.

[1]
Posted: Jun 2, 2018 3:51 PM

Congrats to you and your son. Mine is a very similar experience. My son worked his way into Clemson through Midlands Tech.

Posted: Jun 2, 2018 3:52 PM

Congrats to you and your son. Mine is a very similar experience. My son worked his way into Clemson through Midlands Tech.

[1]
Posted: Jun 2, 2018 4:45 PM

Congrats Lex! My daughter did the same, except she stayed at community college 2 years and got her associates first. She just finished her junior year, first year at Clemson, with a 3.9 GPA, proving that ACT scores aren't everything. Best of luck to you and your son!

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Four season tickets side by side in lower deck Section T Row BB. Easy access to seats and to restroo...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1011 people have read this post