Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Progress is good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 685

Progress is good

May 2, 2019, 8:47 PM

Last time my brother was in recovery, he said on the phone...and I quote "I'd stick a needle in my arm right now if it was in front me of me"

After ODing twice and almost ODing another time...he's in recovery again. According to Mom and his conversation with him today:

"I wasn't actually craving. I just wanted to get ###### up. After that 2nd overdose, I would venture to say that I'm done with heroin."

Small steps.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Small steps indeed. Good to hear!***

May 2, 2019, 8:51 PM

One day at a time.

May 2, 2019, 8:55 PM

Pulling for him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Thanks, brother. I'm fine

May 2, 2019, 8:59 PM

...just worry about mom and dad worrying.

Re: Progress is good

May 2, 2019, 9:04 PM

Long winded but, I have dealt with addicts enough to know that you shouldn't praise them too much, because it seems nice, but for some reason just puts more pressure on them. Also, don't get your hopes up or don't get worried or too down. It's all out of your control. The more calm and centered you are the better. I have tried to help numerous addicts and it almost always fails, because it is all out of our control. We're on their schedule. Sucks. All that said, I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this. I had lunch at my house today with a good friend of mine that was as bad as it gets with heroin for 10 years. He and his girlfriend. They were nightmares. He has been clean for years and is completely normal now. Odds are your brother will be fine. You just have to live with it all hoping he survives or doesnt relapse. He will be clean for good eventually...maybe already. He may relapse a few more times. He will get clean though.

Good perspective, Carlsbad

May 2, 2019, 9:07 PM

Thanks for the realistic take on things. I feel it.

T's and P's continue

May 2, 2019, 9:09 PM

glad you heard some good news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How long clean now?

May 3, 2019, 7:47 AM

The battle never ends for an addict, but making it _ number of days builds self-confidence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 685
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic