Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prof. said electors are close to blocking Trump win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Prof. said electors are close to blocking Trump win

Dec 14, 2016, 9:24 AM

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/310309-harvard-professor-says-gop-electors-are-close-to-blocking-trump

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Prof. said electors are close to blocking Trump win***

Dec 14, 2016, 9:45 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know if it happens, I shouldn't laugh at...

Dec 14, 2016, 9:50 AM

You and the other blindly loyal Trumpies.

But it's gonna be hard not to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: I know if it happens, I shouldn't laugh at...

Dec 14, 2016, 4:14 PM

Well, the laughing will stop when the civil war starts.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Why are they changing their vote?

Dec 14, 2016, 9:51 AM

What has changed since the election?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question, and not explained.

Dec 14, 2016, 9:54 AM

It would all be speculation at this point, and that's assuming it's true.

But if we are going to speculate, maybe the thus far train wreck transition process we've seen since the election? Maybe the appointments?

Re: Good question, and not explained.

Dec 14, 2016, 9:58 AM

IMO the only train wreck I've seen has been the last eight years of donkey rule.

The transition has not been a train wreck IMO...

Dec 14, 2016, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Good question, and not explained. ]

just because one might not like who Trump is going to appoint, doesn't make the transition a "train-wreck".

Re: Why are they changing their vote?

Dec 14, 2016, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Why are they changing their vote? ]

One of the things that might change my vote would be that Trump hasn't had a news conference since becoming PE. This lack of transparency is inexcusable IMO...and no, tweets don't count. The news conference he had scheduled for this week, in which he was going to explain how he would divest himself from his businesses, was postponed. To me, this is a huge issue and one that could follow Trump throughout his time in office if he doesn't handle it correctly. He could have put this issue to bed, but now the electors will cast their votes not knowing whether these issues will be handled in a satisfactory manner. Just a few things...

Did Obama?***

Dec 14, 2016, 10:40 AM

Yes - three days after the election in '08.***

Dec 14, 2016, 12:21 PM

So that narrowed down who he was going to pick

Dec 14, 2016, 1:00 PM

and what he was going to do.

I don't remember hearing "...and I'm going to ram a flawed and damaged healthcare finance bill down your throat regardless if you like it or not, during the middle of one of our nations worst economic crisis."

THAT would have been helpful.

Right. Wait, so what were we talking about?***

Dec 14, 2016, 3:12 PM

"One of the things that might change my vote would be that

Dec 14, 2016, 3:41 PM

Trump hasn't had a news conference since becoming PE"

What did Obama having a news conf 3 days after the election really do for us?

It didn't tell me he was driving insurance up.

So when you asked "Did Obama?" the answer didn't

Dec 14, 2016, 8:31 PM

really matter.

I really enjoyed this subthread.***

Dec 14, 2016, 8:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Sure it did.

Dec 15, 2016, 10:21 AM [ in reply to So when you asked "Did Obama?" the answer didn't ]

Obama having a press conference 3 days after being elected was about as useful as if Trump were to have one.

What would anyone get from it that would be useful?

Re: Prof. said electors are close to blocking Trump win

Dec 14, 2016, 9:57 AM

If they succeed it will just go to the house of reps and guess who they will elect---TRUMP. So it's all a big waste of time and money just like the recount.

Would they?

Dec 14, 2016, 9:58 AM

Given the opportunity to choose Trump or switch to an establishment Republican, you think the House would choose Trump? Particularly under Ryan's leadership?

They are not stupid.***

Dec 14, 2016, 10:00 AM

Maybe. Maybe not.

Dec 14, 2016, 10:02 AM

But they definitely are crooked and hungry to maintain power, which is something Trump threatens for the establishment. Given the chance, I think they would flock to a traditional GOP choice.

You are being truly pathetic, Cata

Dec 14, 2016, 10:17 AM

give it a rest...

Ow. Ow. Ow. Your words hurt me.

Dec 14, 2016, 10:27 AM

Ow. Such savagery as you stare down the possibility that your Lord and Savior might not actually get voted into office.

If you really think this will happen OR

Dec 14, 2016, 10:53 AM

if you Want it to happen, you are REALLY REALLY REALLY PATHETIC!

If somebody offered me the choice of having Trump as

Dec 14, 2016, 11:03 AM

POTUS, or ANY other Republican, and I chose option B, I don't think that makes me pathetic. Whole lotta conservatives agree with that viewpoint.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you not consider these events(if they happened)

Dec 14, 2016, 11:16 AM

as bad for our nation?

Sure. I was speaking more in hindsight.

Dec 14, 2016, 11:29 AM

But if this particular sequence could be a reality going forward, I'd still go down that path, as the potential damage of a Trump presidency outweighs the potential damage to the perception of our government waffling on leaders. That's just my opinion, of course.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've read this twice in here in the last 5 minutes.

Dec 14, 2016, 1:22 PM

What "potential damage" are we talking about?

Stuff Like doubling our national debt? Approving useless and ill planned "stimulus" money? Illegally put thousands of guns into the hands of drug dealers and criminals? Giving millions in tax dollars to campaign contributors and lobbyists, under the ruse that they money is for “green” energy? Train wreck our healthcare system for everyone, in order to insure <10% of the population? Target his political enemies with the IRS? Racially divide our country worse than it has been since the civil rights act?

Do you mean stuff like that? Yeah..I wouldn't want a president to do that, either.

Once again, people dismissing concerns over Trump...

Dec 14, 2016, 5:17 PM

By tying in the faults of Obama or Hillary when they play zero factor in what Trump may do. Let's focus on him because he's the only one that matters. Have we seen a very bad preview of what's to come? Yes.

Whats the bad review?

Dec 15, 2016, 10:09 AM

Many of you are trying to blame him for stuff he hasn't even done.

Hell, you wanted to run him up on treason charges yesterday.

I think you're just frightened it actually could happen.

Dec 14, 2016, 11:52 AM [ in reply to If you really think this will happen OR ]

Look at the panic.

I think you should be as well.

Dec 14, 2016, 1:02 PM

If it does, absolutely noone gets the leader they wanted.

Except for the "None of the Above" crowd.***

Dec 15, 2016, 9:22 AM

Crazy times.***

Dec 14, 2016, 10:13 AM

null

fake news?***

Dec 14, 2016, 10:15 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

It's a conservative publication, so maybe.***

Dec 14, 2016, 10:27 AM

The ease at which liberals have at measures like this

Dec 14, 2016, 10:28 AM

is exactly why Trump won. I can not think of a liberal (anyone really) who could have run and won who I would support using these tactics. I'm glad Hillary was so supportive with accepting the results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize...

Dec 14, 2016, 10:29 AM

That if this happens, a Republican still wins, right?

It will just be a sane Republican who will actually know what he/she is doing.

Re: You do realize...

Dec 14, 2016, 10:35 AM

Well...I'm not sure I like the idea of a Pence presidency either...

I do realize a conservative will not.

Dec 14, 2016, 10:39 AM [ in reply to You do realize... ]

You think the House would put up Ted Cruz. He did come in second. Nope. They'll probably want to put up Jeb and the best a conservative could hope for would be Rubio. And we will be one step further down the road to the banana republic we're becoming. But this does show how full of #### Hillary was and how liberals operate. Everything that gave us Trump is embodied in these tactics.

Personally, if I were an elector and someone approached me to blackmail me, or whatever, I'd be sure to keep a good record of it. I'm sure many are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump is not a conservative. Far from it.***

Dec 14, 2016, 10:39 AM

Don't care. He could be Nancy Pelosi.

Dec 14, 2016, 10:48 AM

He wasn't my pick either. But I'll be ###### if I'd take anyone else winning based on electors being blackmailed. This type of stuff is why you get a Trump elected. Now shut up and live with it. Because if you don't, in 4 years you'll get something far worse than Trump. Just like Trump's nominations for his cabinet now only need 51 votes in the Senate. You reap what you sow. You made your bed, now lay down in it.

Wait wait...are you claiming Trump is a conservative?***

Dec 14, 2016, 10:43 AM [ in reply to I do realize a conservative will not. ]

I'm claimaing that most of what he is doing is

Dec 14, 2016, 10:49 AM

So far. I don't really care what or who he is, when it comes to blackmailing electors that's a line I would not cross, party or ideology be ######.

Well first, he hasn't "done" anything yet...

Dec 14, 2016, 1:48 PM

if you're referring to his announced nominees, i would agree with you...at least on certain ones.

Yeah, that's what he's done.

Dec 15, 2016, 8:41 AM

Not much, but whatever. I guarantee you a person whose run a $500 billion company will not have his own secret private email server located in a bathroom somewhere to do his official communications. NOPE.

Sounds like a symbolic gesture.

Dec 14, 2016, 12:32 PM

Some people probably want to go on record now so they can be perceived as having been on the right side of history in the future.

Since you seem to know what he future will be..

Dec 14, 2016, 1:03 PM

Could you tell me what this weeks winning powerball numbers will be?

I didn't predict anything.***

Dec 14, 2016, 5:07 PM

Did Obama?***

Dec 14, 2016, 8:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

You predicted that "some people", presumably those that

Dec 15, 2016, 10:19 AM [ in reply to I didn't predict anything.*** ]

vote Trump our of his perspective office, would be on the right side of history.

Since you presuming that NOT having trump as the President would be the right side of history, you are certainly predicting that.

seen this referenced in several stories that all end with

Dec 14, 2016, 2:31 PM

only i has indicted he will do it
even in this story---Politico, citing GOP sources, reported that a Republican whip operation found only one elector, Chris Suprun of Texas, would vote against Trump.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably more like wishful thinking on his part****

Dec 14, 2016, 4:30 PM

I can't wait

Dec 15, 2016, 8:09 AM

To mock this post and thread.

It's like watching a bunch of 3 year olds throwing tantrums.

I thought we would leave that to the snowflakes in college.....

Not Gonna Happen

Dec 15, 2016, 10:11 AM

Many electors are bound by oath to cast their votes for the electoral college winner. This was challenged in Colorado and Washington court recently and it was defeated. Here is the ruling by Colorado US Federal Court judge Wiley Daniel:

"If the election of a president really did come down to the whims of 538 members of the electoral college on December 19th there would essentially be a second campaign after Election Day."

The Clinton silent coup continues...

https://conspiracydailyupdate.com/2016/12/15/trump-warns-us-federal-court-that-clinton-is-using-islamic-law-to-overturn-election/

Not Gonna Happen

Dec 15, 2016, 10:11 AM

Many electors are bound by oath to cast their votes for the electoral college winner. This was challenged in Colorado and Washington court recently and it was defeated. Here is the ruling by Colorado US Federal Court judge Wiley Daniel:

"If the election of a president really did come down to the whims of 538 members of the electoral college on December 19th there would essentially be a second campaign after Election Day."

The Clinton silent coup continues...

https://conspiracydailyupdate.com/2016/12/15/trump-warns-us-federal-court-that-clinton-is-using-islamic-law-to-overturn-election/

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic