Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Product Question :
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Product Question :

May 20, 2018, 8:06 PM

I know there are more than a few on here who either exist in a state of constant solitude and therefore must do their own domestic chores ... or the more pastural-types who have been properly broken and now spend their days in constant capitulation to the fairer sex to whom they are betrothed .
Either way , do any ONE of you sacks of sadness own or have an opinion ( I won't tell the missus you've been thinking all by yourself again ) on cordless vacuum cleaners ?
I am in the first grouping again ( without a significant other ) and I am in need of something that will satisfactorily suck my carpet .
Serous kweshun and NO I don't need any roommates, Bob .
Thanks for all who have any vacuuming expertise and can still talk about it in publique ... without a disguise.

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

My advice: merry a woman who does all the vacuuming and will

May 20, 2018, 8:29 PM

Occasionally has the sex with you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My advice: merry a woman who does all the vacuuming and will

May 20, 2018, 8:33 PM

I'm a two-time loser in that game . No , I just want the appliance advice now ... that and a good pizza place within a 50 mile radius of Yulee , FL ???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Product Question :

May 20, 2018, 8:33 PM

Definitely check out the newer Dyson cordless vacs.
I, along with a couple of friends, got a Dyson cordless during a special pre-Christmas, PayPal offering.
All of us are very pleased with the quality and performance!
Uh... they're not wet-dry however, Dug - HA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2018, 8:39 PM

He is correct. A Dyson cordless stick is very good. $250 at Lowe's. On another note Dug, I read just morning that they sank an old tug in Charleston to form an artificial reef. The boat's name was Bouregard. Don't know if you were familiar with that boat or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dyson V6***

May 20, 2018, 8:37 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Are you renting or do you plan to own your home someday

May 20, 2018, 10:01 PM

Thinking long term I'd go with the Kirby, which I did about 6 months ago. It has a lifetime warranty and you can pass it along to someone else in your family (I chose my youngest granddaughter who is 5). It does a superior job of sucking stuff up and has a shampooer as well. I've tried the bag less both Hoover and Dyson that was supposed to be the best for dog hair (I have a Husky that sheds a ton). The Hoover doesn't suck near as well and the exhaust for the Dyson was to the front of the machine so it was blowing the hair away before I could suck it up. The Kirby is heavier and louder, big motors are heavy and loud. The cost is a lot, but you won't be buying a new one every few years and as I say it is inheritable.

If you are renting and just want to get rid of the surface dirt go to Consumer Reports and get the cheapest "Best Buy."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2018, 10:13 PM

Tigerdug. We have a Dyson, and it does a really good job of sucking stuff out of my carpet if we keep the filters cleaned out. The Dyson we have is the one with the ball, and it has 3 different dust filters that has to be kept clean for maximum suction. OK, I just looked to see the name, and it's the Dyson Ball, Multi floors. I think that when we got it about 5 years ago, we paid about $500. bucks for it, and it still works as good as it ever did, but the filters must be kept cleaned. Hope that helps!!!

PS, just take in consideration that when you buy cordless products, you get what you pay for. And battery run product start losing it's power every second that it is turned on, so they only have it's maximum power for a very short time!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2018, 10:20 PM

Invest in a Roomba and a top-tier Shark vacuum, both purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond. Good Shark vacs are comparable to Dyson functionally, but 900 series Roomba is REALLY good at mapping your floor space and "learning" how to efficiently vacuum for you, so you'll only need the Shark occasionally or for quick spills, etc.

BBB has an OUTSTANDING return policy should anything ever go wrong - we returned our first Shark vac 5 years after buying it because a plastic hinge piece broke on the dust canister - we were told to go pick out a brand new one on the house. We've been granted full exchange many years post purchase on several appliance & kitchen items from there - I'll never buy them anywhere else because of that.

Vacuuming still sucks, tho.

GO TIGERS

May 20, 2018, 10:23 PM

https://goo.gl/images/WXF5vi

I'll help dug anyway, anytime

May 20, 2018, 10:28 PM

I gots an Eufy only cause it was rated #2 and cost bout $300 less than the Dyson. Extension cords and sneaker laces are show stoppers, so pickum up daymit. I do need a roomy....but not any 3 legged t'netters

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: I'll help dug anyway, anytime

May 20, 2018, 11:49 PM

Had not heard of the Eufy , thanks !

DB23

I have a Dyson V6 Motorhead cordless, that I have been happy

May 20, 2018, 10:51 PM

with. My only complaint is the canister is pretty small, so they now have a V7, which has a larger canister and supposed to be more powerful. My wife has a Rainbow, and I would much rather use my Dyson cordless. I can have the job done before she gets the water in the Rainbow! The new Dyson is supposed to run about 30 minutes on a charge.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic