Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Pic: Textile Bowl Trophy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Football Update: Pic: Textile Bowl Trophy

Sep 12, 2013, 12:08 PM

Pic: Textile Bowl Trophy

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Pic: Textile Bowl Trophy

Sep 12, 2013, 12:16 PM

the person posted this has a "warp"-ed sense of humor "filling" space this way. I thought I might laugh at this till I "dyed" but I'm "finished" now. Now I dont want to "pick" at this topic but I dont know what "looms" ahead for our team but at least we're out of the "greige" area now.

Textile majors enjoy. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did my share of doffing cloth during summers off from school

Sep 12, 2013, 12:39 PM

in one of the mills in Easley. They are all closed up now. Sad how things changed where we don't make much anymore.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Did my share of doffing cloth during summers off from school

Sep 12, 2013, 12:57 PM

yep I used to know where most of the mills were and who owned them. now they are mostly gone

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HAMRICK MILLS IN GAFFNEY SC

Sep 12, 2013, 2:52 PM

Hamrick Mills is still in operation after 113 years. My family owns it and we still have two factories in Gaffney SC. The Hamrick Plant and the Musgrove Plant. I can remember doffing cloth in the weave shop as well when I was a teenager during the summers. I elected not to join the family business and instead joined the Marine Corps.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

your post made me "beam" ear to ear as I was

Sep 12, 2013, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Pic: Textile Bowl Trophy ]

"shuttling" across the room.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope we wear them out.

Sep 12, 2013, 12:46 PM

I just hope Tajh doesn't press too much.

my dad worked for years at Milliken...felt like I was a kid

Sep 12, 2013, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Pic: Textile Bowl Trophy ]

again after he got home from work

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a display!!!

Sep 12, 2013, 12:48 PM

I’m glad to see that we hold this trophy is such high esteem that we display it with great pride. I especially like the Expo Markers, rope, battery operated drill, green midget, various helments, etc. in the display. Truly an artistic and thought provoking display.

I thought the same thing. Do we no longer have a trophy

Sep 12, 2013, 12:54 PM

case? WTH?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Probably took it down to polish it

Sep 12, 2013, 12:55 PM

I'm sure it has to be taken to the game so that the winner can take it home.

Trophy case is full. Didn't make the cut.***

Sep 12, 2013, 1:11 PM [ in reply to I thought the same thing. Do we no longer have a trophy ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Is the inscription in Chinese now? It should be....***

Sep 12, 2013, 1:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cambodian***

Sep 12, 2013, 1:50 PM

Hopefully, all of the exits will not have chains and locks***

Sep 13, 2013, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Is the inscription in Chinese now? It should be....*** ]

Wylie Hamrick CEO of Hamrick Mills

Sep 12, 2013, 2:59 PM

In 2011 when we played against NCST for the Textile Bowl I watched that game with my grandfather Wylie Hamrick. It was the last game that I watched with him. He passed away at 85 years old and it was a bitter loss for Clemson that year. He looked forward to the textile bowl as textile manufacturing was his whole life. His grandfather founded Hamrick Mills and we now have two factories in Gaffney that still operate at full capacity. They have been around for 113 years now. My grandfather was a graduate of the 1950 class at Clemson and played football for Frank Howard from 1944 - 1948. He played as offense and defensive lineman. His footprints can also be found at Tillman Hall because Clemson was a military college at that time. My heritage is deeply rooted and centered around textiles and Clemson football. I hope we take the trophy this year. GO TIGERS!!! C L E M S O... N!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

I know your family well. Great company and family!***

Sep 12, 2013, 3:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I know your family well. Great company and family!***

Sep 12, 2013, 4:01 PM

Thank you, I seem to think I was cut from a good cloth. PUN INTEDED LOL... I miss my grandfather dearly. He was a wealth of knowledge and a fine example of how one should live their life. He did wonders for the textile industry, and was a fine business man. ETHICS were his moral code of conduct and he loved his family more than life.

~Chesty Puller

It would be nice if Tigernet would re-host these images

Sep 12, 2013, 3:05 PM

as Instagram/Twitter/Facebook are typically blocked...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yes...thank you***

Sep 12, 2013, 4:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That would be our trophy!

Sep 12, 2013, 3:31 PM

nm

The Paw is not angled correctly. Must have been made at NCSU***

Sep 13, 2013, 1:03 AM

look at jolly green giants friend. what is he holding?***

Sep 13, 2013, 12:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must be old, the tiger paw logo is not tilted to 1 o'clock***

Sep 13, 2013, 3:35 PM