Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chance to sneak back into polls. My hunch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,626

Chance to sneak back into polls. My hunch

Oct 5, 2014, 6:56 AM

We were 28th if you look at others receiving votes.

#29 Arizona will certainly get into Top 25 and jump us.

Arizona State was #26 and will get in ahead of us.

Good news is SCAR was #27 and will fall.

Here are the candidates to exit the polls to allow us in. Again, three of these will need to drop out for us to get in considering above on Arizona and Arizona State. Do we get back in?

Potential Top 25 drop outs:
#14 Stanford
#15 LSU
#16 USC
#17 Wisconsin
#18 BYU
#19 Nebraska

Message was edited by: Scott_Rhymer®

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chance to sneak back into polls. My hunch

Oct 5, 2014, 6:59 AM

Whoa whoa whoa. LSU lost to a SEC team. No way they drop out of the top 25. :P

The rest should.. except for Stanford

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably have to wait another week & get a win over the Card

Oct 5, 2014, 7:05 AM

Just my guess

I doubt the first three; iffy on Wisconsin; maybe BYU

Oct 5, 2014, 7:15 AM

and Nebraska.

I thought we'd have to beat UNC and NC State to have a shot, and I think our rout of NC State will help, considering all the national talk about their game with FSU.

A win against the Cards certainly should see us back in the top 25, although now I'm more interested in continual development of our offense and defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think based on how we've played

Oct 5, 2014, 7:20 AM

the past two weeks it would be ridiculous to suggest we are not one of the top-25 teams in the country. We won't vault up the rankings, but I think something like 22 or 23 in both polls is probable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: I think based on how we've played

Oct 5, 2014, 8:06 AM

As much as I love ECU and pull for them, no way they are a Top 20 team. They will be, but there is no way they could play with teams around them. That alone makes my faith in the polls suspect.

It is absolutely ridiculous to say we are not a Top 25 team when we just shellacked a team that went toe to toe with FSU and our QB is #1 in the nation.

Oct 5, 2014, 8:14 AM

I do think there is a chance that we make it back into the top 25, but in reality, we shouldn't have fallen out. I understand that we were 1-2, and it would look strange for a 1-2 team to be in the top 25. We lost to what will be a top 10 team this week in Georgia, after playing toe to toe with them for 3 quarters in their house. Then we lost to the number 1 team, at their house, but really outplayed them for all 4 quarters, but not in OT.

So a 15th place team should lose to both top ten teams on the road, and we have been improving weekly. I think we should be 15th to 18th, but we will probably come back in around 21st or 22nd.

As an "unrealistic" type, I think we return at 20

Oct 5, 2014, 8:39 AM

Why? First, the ritual disembowelment of the Wuffies answered just about any question folks might have from our 1-2 start.

Second, upon reflection, I think voters will see they oversold us based on losses to what will now be Top 10 teams.

Third, if they don't return us, voters have no choice but remove LSU, with their two losses to nationally ranked opponents.

Finally, with the bevy of upsets, folks will be looking for some new darlings. While poking around in the bargain bin, they'll come across Clemson, brush off the early scuffing and see a true bargain. Then, as the Tigers keep climbing, voters will say, "Yeah I was on the Tiger Train early."

So ... hello #20!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2014, 8:44 AM

Not Sneaking ... Clemson BLASTS into the top 25.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,626
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic