Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transcript confirms Trump did it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

Transcript confirms Trump did it.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:18 AM

He pushed Zelensky to investigate Biden.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-ukraine-controversy/2019/09/25/9390e9b8-df82-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

good luck cheering on your team

Sep 25, 2019, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good luck cheering on your team

Sep 25, 2019, 10:24 AM

Yep, definitely enjoy cheering for team America, team Constitution, and team Integrity. Hopefully they win this round.

Guess you didn't mean your post last night. You'll give Trump a pass.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Video confirms Biden did it

Sep 25, 2019, 10:26 AM

https://youtu.be/UXA--dj2-CY

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing to give him a pass on.....

Sep 25, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: good luck cheering on your team ]

I said last night I am tired of it all and I still am.

Democrats just keep backing themselves into a corner that they are not going to be able to recover from in 14 months and we are going to be left with another 4 years of finger pointing and wasted resources.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good luck cheering on your team

Sep 25, 2019, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: good luck cheering on your team ]

Funny how you don't understand the institution, the division of powers amongst the branches of government. Trump did nothing wrong....AGAIN!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alright. Explain it to me.***

Sep 25, 2019, 2:45 PM

Re: Transcript confirms Trump did it.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:24 AM

“WaPo”
“Rough Transcript”

Probably doctored by the liberal intelligence community.

We all know the government that Trump is in charge of is out to get him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably doctored by the liberal intelligence community.

Sep 25, 2019, 12:52 PM

Hillary definitely has something to do with framing Trump.

I just read about this in two different places.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:25 AM

One said that the transcript made it clear that the President pushed on Ukraine.

One said that the transcript made it clear that the President didn't push on Ukraine.

So, this transcript should definitely settle things.

ha ha***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Read it yourself and draw your own conclusions.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:31 AM [ in reply to I just read about this in two different places. ]

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I just read it...I conclude that I

Sep 25, 2019, 10:33 AM

don't know enough about the law to know whether what he said was illegal or not. But we should have people who do know that kind of stuff, and they are in the House of Representatives.

From a non-legal standpoint, just me talking. I don't like our President asking another country to do something to harm a political opponent. I think it's unethical.

So, you were against the Steele Dossier

Sep 25, 2019, 10:36 AM

and anyone associated with it should be prosecuted?

Lets start there.

If the "Steel Dossier" was about

Sep 25, 2019, 10:40 AM

asking a foreign country to harm a political opponent, then I am against that.

In that case, I will say the same thing I said just now about Ukraine, I don't know if people associated with it should be prosecuted, because I don't know the law.

Steele was a foriegn intellegence officer hired by

Sep 25, 2019, 10:48 AM

The Hillary campaign (or the administration) to dig up dirt on Trump.

But back to the Trump questions.

If Biden (acting as VP Of the US) was peddling influence to a foriegn government and holding loan guarantees hostage (OUR taxpayer funds, mind you)in order to influence a sovereign nation in a corruption investigation of his son......is that not worthy of investigation? Is it not appropriate for the sovereign nation in which this coercion took place the appropriate venue for this investigation? If trump offered the cooperation of the US attorney in the investigation, is that not legal?

IF what Biden admitted to on the video posted is true, he should be charged and jailed. I don't care if the Ukrainians, the Americans or the Martians are the prosecutors.

I think if law enforcement has enough evidence

Sep 25, 2019, 10:49 AM

to do so, they should investigate Biden for a crime, same as any other American for any crime.

Again, I have no idea if what the President did is legal or not.

Steele was not employed by a foreign government.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Steele was a foriegn intellegence officer hired by ]

And he certainly wasn't a head of state being asked by Obama to investigate Trump. He was hired by an opposition research firm who was first used by Trump's rivals during the primaries and later used by Hillary Clinton.

It's not remotely the same thing, but keep ####### that chicken.

Re: Steele was not employed by a foreign government.

Sep 25, 2019, 11:12 AM

Just to add, that opposition firm was Fusion GPS who was paid by Clinton’s attorneys who were themselves paid by the Clinton DNC. It’s worth noting that Nellie Ohr had been hired by Fusion GPS just prior to the 2016 Election and was working for them. Her husband, Bruce Ohr, was #4 at the FBI and was fired in 2017.

Re: If the "Steel Dossier" was about

Sep 25, 2019, 11:59 AM [ in reply to If the "Steel Dossier" was about ]

asking a foreign country to harm a political opponent, then I am against that.

In that case, I will say the same thing I said just now about Ukraine, I don't know if people associated with it should be prosecuted, because I don't know the law.

The facts about the Steel Dossier aren't complicated no matter how much the Alt-Right blogosphere froths at the keyboard about it. It wasn't illegal. The Steele Dossier was apparently compiled by an Englishman who was a former MI6 agent...but he had become freelance and worked for the private firm Fusion GPS.

It wasn't compiled by a foreign government. It wasn't traded for any sort of quid pro quo or political considerations. In fact it started as opposition research initially funded by conservatives, but because Fusion GPS was private they quickly realized what they had gathered was of use to Hillary and like any private business they peddled their product to the person it was valuable to.

They were acting pretty much as any other PI firm would act at that point. There was absolutely nothing illegal about the info they gathered or the manner in which they dispersed it, though its accuracy remains (heavily) disputed.

The other lie the tinfoil hatters cling to is that this somehow got the Feds looking at Trump. It didn't. It does not appear the dossier was even remotely the impetus for the FBI opening an investigation into Trump; that investigation actually originated within the FBI's counter-intelligence division. There was legit concern within the intelligence community Trump was compromised by Russia.

Surely a lunge lawyer will chime in with a statute note.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Yes, I just read it...I conclude that I ]

Surely with all the constitutional lawyers here one will conjure up a law that Trump violated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't expect anyone in the Lunge to be much of

Sep 25, 2019, 10:46 AM

an authority on this.

Hopefully the House will get to the bottom of this, and hopefully they will demonstrate that the President did not break any laws.

you are precious! The house would hang him for a parking

Sep 25, 2019, 10:49 AM

ticket.

Actually, the House can only accuse him of a crime.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:53 AM

The Senate actually tries and convicts.

Tru dat. at a 2/3 majority which will never happen

Sep 25, 2019, 10:59 AM

but it keeps it in the headlines! which is the object all along.

good idea

Sep 25, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Read it yourself and draw your own conclusions. ]

but most people won't do that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Read it yourself and draw your own conclusions.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Read it yourself and draw your own conclusions. ]

Wow, it’s nothing. Trump investigating corruption is now an impeachable offense. Democrats and their media are nevertheless selectively picking out individual words and phrases that they will pull out of context to claim “victory”. They are out of ammo. I’ll give this hmmm, 7 days to run in the brainwashing machine.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:28 AM

"rough transcript" aka not a transcript.

either something is a transcript or is not. There is no such thing as a rough transcript.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:36 AM

I imagine you can't guarantee that every single "a" and "an" were transcribed exactly correct. I mean, we are talking about a Ukrainian man speaking English, and an American who is not always the best enunciator. I trust that the system in place for transcripts would not result in any substantive error.

Re: I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:39 AM

It 100% is something to worry about when coming from a source like that.

Words can be twisted easily with little changes.

A transcript is word for word PERIOD.

There is no such thing as a rough transcript.

OK, then just ignore it, I guess.***

Sep 25, 2019, 10:42 AM

Re: OK, then just ignore it, I guess.***

Sep 25, 2019, 10:43 AM

Problem is its irresponsible journalism.

I suggest you start to get your news from a better source.

What is irresponsible journalism?

Sep 25, 2019, 10:44 AM

The White House released the transcript, not a journalist?

Which source did I get my news from? What are you even talking about?

He hasn't done any research.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:59 AM

Just saw my link, saw Washington Post, and immediately dug his heels in. This info is plain as day from the White House, as you said.

Lawd, man. Take a moment and read it.***

Sep 25, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: OK, then just ignore it, I guess.*** ]

Sep 25, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Transcript confirms Trump did it. ]

It's a "rough transcript" because it was interpreted with Voice Recognition Software and isn't necessarily verbatim.

I don't know if there is such thing as a guaranteed

Sep 25, 2019, 10:52 AM

100% accurate transcript of a call of that length. It's just an unrealistic expectation. I'm sure the software does it better than just a human with ears and a pencil.

So which law did he break?

Sep 25, 2019, 10:37 AM

Surely with all the lunge lawyers somebody can find at least a statute or regulation, something, anything?

Imo, if Pelosi has one she will hold a vote. If she doesn't hold a vote then it's another political witch hunt and they've picked out the witch they want to gossip about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So which law did he break?

Sep 25, 2019, 10:46 AM

Well, on the quick service, he and the DoJ violated the law by not turning over the whistleblower's complaint and the transcript upon first request.

After that, I guess we'll have to look at how we interpret Article 2 of the Constitution and whether soliciting a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political rival is impeachable.

Soliciting a foreign government to investigate corruption

Sep 25, 2019, 10:58 AM

of the sitting VP at the time. A VP that used his office to coerce a that same foreign government to fire a prosecutor investigating the son of the VP. He offered the cooperation of the US attorney showing it was above board.

Imagine for one second that Biden and Trump's names were reversed in this scenario and Don Jr was sitting on the board of that oil company.

Re: Soliciting a foreign government to investigate corruption

Sep 25, 2019, 11:02 AM

I'm imagining any president soliciting a foreign government to investigate a rival and I see myself not giving a #### who it is.

Wrong is wrong. I know this is hard for some of y'all to get through your heads, but some of us actually want all of our presidents held accountable for their actions.

lets not call him a rival, lets call him the sitting VP

Sep 25, 2019, 11:05 AM

at the time.

Biden should be the one on trial

Why not both on trial?***

Sep 25, 2019, 11:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can get behind that. Trumpies? What say y'all?***

Sep 25, 2019, 11:10 AM

Works for me!

Sep 25, 2019, 1:52 PM

Catahoula

Obstruction of justice, campaign finance violations...

Sep 25, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to So which law did he break? ]

violations to the Logan Act and the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act, conspiracy...

If you're genuinely curious, there is a ton of great reporting out there. Google is your friend.

Innocent until found guilty.

Sep 25, 2019, 11:00 AM

I wasn't rehashing old accusations here. I was referring to the specific phone call and which statute he broke by asking for help from Ukraine in the Russian/collusion origin investigation.

That is an ongoing US investigation. It's not the Trump campaign it's the US gov investigation. Just as was Mueller's investigation.

Why am I point out the obvious to someone who is well aware of the law?

These aren't old accusations.

Sep 25, 2019, 11:06 AM

By sending Giuliani to Ukraine he violated the Logan Act. By refusing to turn over the whistleblower complaint he violated the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act and committed obstruction of justice. By receiving campaign assistance from a foreign power he is in violation of campaign finance laws. And if he did all of this with support from his personal lawyer, the attorney general, and a foreign head of state he's guilty of conspiracy. Also the Ukrainian president bragged about staying at Trump's hotel in NYC, which is yet another violation of the emoluments clause.

Why isn't Pelosi calling for a vote on impeachment?

Sep 25, 2019, 11:09 AM

None of that holds water.

Wow, you just gave up, huh?***

Sep 25, 2019, 11:47 AM

hahahaha

Sep 25, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to These aren't old accusations. ]

The Logan act criminalizes negotiations by unauthorized individuals with a foriegn government with a DISPUTE with the US. There is no dispute with Ukraine. Can the president not authorize individuals?

When John Kerry is in Jail for violations of the Logan Act in his dealings with Iran, we can set an extra set of sheets in the cell for Rudy.

It's a dispute if we were witholding aid to Ukraine.***

Sep 25, 2019, 11:46 AM

Why you, stuck up, halfwitted, scruffy-looking nerfherder!

Sep 25, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to hahahaha ]

Who're you calling scruffy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These aren't old accusations.

Sep 25, 2019, 11:15 AM [ in reply to These aren't old accusations. ]

Giuliani was sent by the State Dept.

The DOJ didn't think he broke any laws back in July

Sep 25, 2019, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Obstruction of justice, campaign finance violations... ]

Seems to me this is just another episode of Trump doing something stupid but not illegal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 10:39 AM

Hey buddy he did nothing wrong again. One lie after another just to try and get rid of Trump. He ain’t going no were. Trump will easily win again in 2020. Your pal Hilary paid for a fake document to have a fake Russian investigation to investigate Trump and that is ok with you ......man you people are nut and would not know anything about the truth if it came up and bit you in the behind......Go Tigers!!!!

Sep 25, 2019, 10:43 AM

They’ve almost guaranteed a Trump 2020 win.

Go back to TAC, troll.***

Sep 25, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Transcript confirms Trump did it. ]

Re: Go back to TAC, troll.***

Sep 25, 2019, 3:14 PM

I am not a troll ......I am a proud Clemson University man who graduated with honors many years ago.......I am a conservative Christian man who believes in Jesus Christ, loves my country, and can tell the difference between the truth and a lie......and by the way there is a difference between right and wrong......something you people apparently do not realize or do not care about anymore......Go Tigers!!!!

dunt duNT DUNNNNNNNNT!!! BUSTED. (lulz)***

Sep 25, 2019, 10:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic