Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I really hope Temple beats UCF tonight so it will shut up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,534

I really hope Temple beats UCF tonight so it will shut up

Nov 1, 2018, 2:46 PM

the ridiculous (far fetched) idea that they could make it into the playoffs if they go undefeated.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really hope Temple beats UCF tonight so it will shut up

Nov 1, 2018, 2:55 PM

YES!!!! I'm so sick of hearing their fans whine. If they do win out, I hope they put them in the CFP playing us in the first round. Our cheerleaders will be playing by the 4th quarter we would stomp them so badly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UCF's opponents are 20-35. They aren't sniffing a playoff

Nov 1, 2018, 3:04 PM

This whole situation started when Auburn showed up to the Mercedes Benz Dome unmotivated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 1, 2018, 3:04 PM

UCF has done remarkably well BUT they can’t compete for the REAL national championship. I compare them to a little yappy dog that makes annoying noise while threatening no one.

Kinda like the coots?***

Nov 1, 2018, 5:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 1, 2018, 4:47 PM

Agreed. I want to see UCF go down. On a different front: Temple coach Geoff Collins is on the short list to replace Pawwwll J at GaTech if he were leave/be fired. A temple win tonight will only further move that agenda along.

Nov 1, 2018, 4:56 PM

Not me. I want them and others to win win win. I want 8! The power 5 champs 2 at large and highest ranked non power 5 with at least 11 wins. No more than 2 teams from the same conference and let's roll!! I love it. To be honest this is going to court for anti trust violations if they go undefeated and,are left out again. Depriving a public institution on the same level of play from earning potential. They will win. You cannot create a exclusive club of public funded institutions and exclude another. It's coming next. Hate the Ncaa and this decide in a committee room BS!

They wouldnt win

Nov 1, 2018, 5:52 PM

Their sos is like 127. You dont get in just by going unbeaten. That was never in the rules.

Nov 1, 2018, 4:58 PM

I agree. Auburn only lost to them because they players did not want to be in the game. They were done after the SEC Champ game.

Nov 1, 2018, 5:15 PM

Auburn is proving to be very mediocre at best so that win last year is a bit empty!

Go Owls!! Amidoinitrite

Nov 1, 2018, 5:14 PM

Nobody cares that UCF goes undefeated except their fans and team. Part of me wants to see them sneak in and play Clemson or Alabama first round of CFP and get blasted lol... Then maybe we can be done with all this UCF and CFP nonsense. Granted they win all the games on schedule but not exactly a who's who of college football

Nov 1, 2018, 5:57 PM

Why should they not be allowed to compete for the national title?

Because their SOS is garbage

Nov 1, 2018, 6:10 PM

Texas State has the easiest in the country. If they went undefeated would you be all for them playing for the title?

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because their SOS is garbage

Nov 1, 2018, 6:15 PM

Yes because they are an FBS program. If you are only going to have one national title for over 100 teams, all of those teams should have a chance to play for it.

What other sport doesn’t give every team the opportunity to win the championship? None because it’s frickin stupid.

Nov 1, 2018, 6:26 PM

Yes but if that is the way it was done something would have to be done with SOS for all teams. If a team plays all weak teams and goes undefeated it does not give them the right to take 1 of 4 spots available. If every team is given a chance then every team needs to play stronger teams. Maybe the answer is to get rid of conferences and every team is assigned a level (like a,b,c etc) and every team that wants to compete for the NC would have to schedule the same number of A's, B's and C's to be eligible or something like that. That is the only fair way unless you go to a full playoff which is what should be done in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 6:32 PM

What about a team with an SOS in the middle somewhere around 60?

Pretty sure Alabama and Wisconsin were down there last year but they were still in the discussion even though half the FBS teams played a tougher schedule.

Nov 1, 2018, 6:46 PM

not a perfect solution, thats why there should be a playoff

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why do people hate cinderellas in CFB?

Nov 1, 2018, 6:19 PM

They are loved in every other sport.

Re: why do people hate cinderellas in CFB?

Nov 1, 2018, 6:23 PM

Exactly. It’s weird.

Re: why do people hate cinderellas in CFB?

Nov 1, 2018, 6:33 PM [ in reply to why do people hate cinderellas in CFB? ]

My guess is that in other sports the Cinderella team is in a playoff situation and proves themselves by winning and advancing. In the CFB there are only 4 spots so a potential Cinderella team would knock out another team that had to work harder for the opportunity.

Probably b/c those losers actually put "National Champions"

Nov 2, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to why do people hate cinderellas in CFB? ]

on their stadium. Thats the most cootish thing I have ever seen.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,534
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic