Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Probably Germans but has the flag boycott ended?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Probably Germans but has the flag boycott ended?

Feb 18, 2014, 8:10 AM

Looks like the SEC softball tournament will be held in close proximity to where the flag is flying. Does this mean the ACC can actually go to Myrtle Beach?

Link:
http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/246235/south-carolina-to-host-2014-sec-softball-tournament.aspx

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

WHat flag ?

Feb 18, 2014, 8:23 AM

The state flag ? The ACC flag ? Myrtle Beach visitors bureau flag ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The flag that prevented the ACC baseball tournament

Feb 18, 2014, 8:51 AM

from being held in Myrtle Beach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Re: The flag that prevented the ACC baseball tournament

Feb 18, 2014, 8:56 AM

yep the Myrtle Vistor Bureau flag thing has really been lingering and nasty. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. First, the Boycott is supported by the NCAA and the ACC,

Feb 18, 2014, 9:04 AM

so the SEC softball tournament would not be affected no matter what.

Secondly, the ban is on tournament sites off campus. This SEC softball tournament is being hosted by the University of South Carolina. Clemson could host any tournament that the ACC has if it has the facility for it. But Myrtle Beach cannot.

Finally, what SEC school PhD candidate wrote that article?:

COLUMBIA, S.C. - The Southeastern Conference and the University of South Carolina announce that the 2014 SEC Softball Tournament will emanate from Carolina Softball Stadium at Beckham Field from Wed., May 7 through Sat., May 10.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The NCAA ban isn't based on location

Feb 18, 2014, 9:29 AM

Coastal Carolina hosted the baseball tournament at the ball park in Myrtle Beach. They've only hosted at their facility 1 time.

The boycott is based on predetermined events like the basketball locations. The NCAA still awards "earned" events like the Regionals/Super Regionals or other seeded awards to SC.

The ACC just goes whichever way the wind blows.

Yes, good point. With regard to Swofford and the ACC, as I

Feb 18, 2014, 9:34 AM

like to add - could a reporter with some cajones please ask Swofford if he would support a similar ban on the state of North Carolina if the NAACP proposed it? Of course, we all know the answer, but I'd like to hear his response on the record.

null

There is no way he wouldn't

Feb 18, 2014, 9:39 AM

and the NAACP threatened a ban on Georgia if the state didn't change their flag. Georgia changed their flag to one that INCLUDED the rebel flag and then went to a flag design that flew during segregation and stood for racism.

But the NAACP wasn't really going to boycott Black Mecca (re Atlanta) and the NCAA/ACC/SEC didn't give a rip about the flag.

ahh...There's no way he WOULD support a boycott of NC***

Feb 18, 2014, 9:42 AM

The ACC goes whichever way...

Feb 18, 2014, 9:36 AM [ in reply to The NCAA ban isn't based on location ]

the best supports their self-serving agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely. Look at the way it handled Georgia

Feb 18, 2014, 9:41 AM

and the baseball tournament in Myrtle Beach was cleared by the local NAACP and it wasn't until the state NAACP got involved that they moved it. The head of the MB NAACP was furious and actually put out how much he thought it was going to hurt MB and specifically the black community of MB.

Speaking of groups that go whichever way supports....

Feb 18, 2014, 9:44 AM

their self-serving agenda.

I give you the NAACP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz at "emanate"

Feb 18, 2014, 12:25 PM [ in reply to No. First, the Boycott is supported by the NCAA and the ACC, ]

I suppose next they'll be telling us about the penumbras of their 4th place rings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC acknowledges the boycott....

Feb 18, 2014, 9:11 AM

as a mattr of convenience only because it helps support their agenda of keeping all conference tournaments in the state of North Carolina.

emanate ?

Feb 18, 2014, 9:11 AM

That is funny worderation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Myrtle Beach baseball tourneys

Feb 18, 2014, 9:28 AM

Are a little like Gamecock football championships , impossible to see how one flag makes anyones list of important things.

DB23

I agree that the ACC had a change of heart and seemed

Feb 18, 2014, 10:00 AM

to be looking for a reason to not have the tourney in SC or a reason to move it back to NC. My understanding of the boycott is that events planned in advance can not be held in SC but short notice events like baseball regionals and super regionals are exempt. It looks like the SEC just ignores the boycott and the NCAA and ACC (when it serves the ACC's interest) abide by it.

Chris Fowler

I believe the ACC distinction is

Feb 18, 2014, 10:08 AM

"Earned by the school/program" vs "Bid on by the facility"

Re: I believe the ACC distinction is

Feb 18, 2014, 10:26 AM

On site tournaments are allowed as are merit based tournaments. Next year the womens basketball will be merit based so Clemson or USC could host that if their season is good enough. The would not be able to host a scheduled Regional in the basketball tournament.

The SEC is working against the NAACP

Feb 18, 2014, 12:29 PM

The SEC wants the NAACP and their boycott to fail.

The SEC thinks that the NAACP has outlived its usefulness.

I don't know why anyone who supports the NAACP would play football at an SEC school.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic