Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Slobberknocker in the Valley: Clemson shows why they are a dominant program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Slobberknocker in the Valley: Clemson shows why they are a dominant program

Sep 11, 2017, 7:01 AM

Slobberknocker in the Valley: Clemson shows why they are a dominant program

Slobberknocker. We exited the press box following Clemson’s 14-6 victory over Auburn Saturday night, and that was the one word I kept using when trying to think about what we witnessed as Clemson’s defense slobbered and knocked Auburn’s offense all over the Memorial Stadium turf.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Slobberknocker in the Valley: Clemson shows why they are a dominant program

Sep 11, 2017, 7:07 AM

I agree. Kb2 will find a rhythm in Louisville mark it down

Re: New Story: Slobberknocker in the Valley: Clemson shows why they are a dominant program

Sep 11, 2017, 7:50 AM

Here is another stat for you...Clemson is 19-0 since 2015 in games before November. They are the only team in the nation that has not lost a game during that time. Odds are good we go 20-0.

Slobberknocker

Sep 11, 2017, 8:10 AM

Liked the use of the very appropriate term. But probably need to give credit to former Clemson radio color guy Will Merritt who was the most recent often user of that term. I listen to the game in the stands every home game. While I do like Rodney as an announcer, I sometimes miss Will's crazy comments and made-up terms. Go Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Slobberknocker

Sep 11, 2017, 10:14 AM

Will Merritt did not coin the term 'slobberknocker'. He was just aware of it and used it many times. 'Slobberknocker' has been around since Merritt was in diapers.

Sep 11, 2017, 8:24 AM

As dominant defensive Game that I can remember against a ranked opponent. Without turnovers, we'd easily blanked Auburn . Guess the buckeye lovers have joined the noles lovers for CFP favorites. Maybe they'll admit the bucks were overrated.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 11:26 AM

Well, Auburn did earn their first FG on their opening possession. 15 plays and 7+ minutes of time chewed up. A PI on 3&6 kept that alive.

And that drive accounted for 69 of their 117 yards of total offense...

We did give them first-and-goal on the first fumble (they had +1 yard of offense on that possession). Without that, it's 14-3 game.

Message was edited by: mpercy®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 8:28 AM

Important to note as article implies Slobberknockers on both sides of defense. This may account for mistakes on O-Line. They'll get better...only 2d game and a worthy opponent. And yes, did notice that blocking by backs was very good. Hope BV never leaves!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 8:51 AM

Prior to reading your column this AM, and even as we left the stadium that is the way I described the game. It was an old fashioned donnybrook.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slobberknocker - Love the term - GO TIGER D***

Sep 11, 2017, 9:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot word Death...Valley***

Sep 11, 2017, 11:31 AM

Yes, give Feaster "15 or more carries". He leads in yds per

Sep 11, 2017, 12:23 PM

carry by a large margin, and the other two appear still to be 3 yds and a cloud of dust!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure that the term "Slobber-Knocker"

Sep 11, 2017, 5:20 PM

was coined by John Madden. And it was never more appropriate than Saturday night. Both defenses were top-notch, but the Tiger D was absolutely fabulous... 28 total yards in the final 3 quarters for Auburn... Wow... Just WOW!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Said it before and I'll say it again

Sep 12, 2017, 11:21 AM

We should pay Venables whatever it takes to stay in Clemson. Forever.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic