Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 4,228

Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball

Apr 19, 2015, 7:42 PM

recruit some of our "fans" seem fit to spend their time trashing the program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball

Apr 19, 2015, 7:47 PM

It's just sad what we have result to to get players. The program has no chance of getting good hs players. It's like Brad has given up on that route.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2015, 7:51 PM

### are you talking about....

Grantham
Blossomgame
Robertin
Hudson

etc were all good HS players.

null

Apr 19, 2015, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball ]

lmfao, where do we find you goobers.

4* Top 100 out of HS -some think we should be competing with

Apr 19, 2015, 8:05 PM

UK and Duke in recruiting.

Maybe in a few years but till then, we will get guys that hopefully develop and mature into outstanding players

Re: 4* Top 100 out of HS -some think we should be competing with

Apr 19, 2015, 8:12 PM

No, whats really sad is A dip$hit Clemson fan turning on their own on the Bad Apple board and showing his a$$ everytime he gets a chance. I havent forgotten.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tropical is a bad man.***

Apr 19, 2015, 8:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2015, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: 4* Top 100 out of HS -some think we should be competing with ]

Its the same ones that kicked on Dabo until he slapped them down and shut them the FK up. Hopefully Brownell will end up doing the same thing after he gets into our rebuilt LJ!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2015, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: 4* Top 100 out of HS -some think we should be competing with ]

Tellem fence he calls me a liar everytime I bring it up. He and his few butt buddies ruined the board

Apr 19, 2015, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball ]

Just see Brad starting to reach now. I personal think the transfers are the way to go seeing how poor the hs recruiting is going. programs that are on good footing don't Depend on jucos or transfers. It really does show the state of the program and we're we are now.

You seem to imply it was actually different at some point ..

Apr 19, 2015, 9:04 PM

... when you say - where we're at "now" ... Our very best teams in history relied on transfers and JUCOs to fill out the roster made up largely of under-the-radar guys who came to Clemson and grew into solid players. I'm mainly talking about our ACC Regular Season Champ, Sweet 16, 1990 team ... but that's hardly the only example, the 1980 squad that reached the Elite 8 was the same way, sparked by JUCO transfer Billy Williams.

And it's not just Clemson, JUCO Steve Francis was the key to Maryland's best team, Bob McAdoo came out of JUCO to help Dean Smith and Seth Curry transfered from Liberty to Duke and did okay.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just wanted to point out

Apr 20, 2015, 8:01 AM

that this is Tigernet and we don't have time for anything as meaningless as facts around here.

;)

Message was edited by: Kaplony®

Apr 19, 2015, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball ]

If you don't want to get on board and welcome the young man than please get the heck off the board. You need some Jon Gordon in your life.

Is Gonzaga on "good footing"?

Apr 19, 2015, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball ]

Seems that the Wiltjer kid that transferred from Kentucky was a key to their top five success this year.

Clemson has had good success in years past from guys like Marion Cash, Michael Tait and Derrick Forrest - guys I remember from when I was a student.

Even Duke has picked up guys like Dahntay Jones and Rodney Hood that have helped them.

If you are going to trash the program you should at least

Apr 20, 2015, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball ]

try to look intelligent doing it. Some basic grammar would be a nice touch. Or you might just be sauced. I'm not going to take you seriously either way though.

Apr 20, 2015, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball ]

True. Clueless post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know ... where are you from?***

Apr 20, 2015, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Apr 19, 2015, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sad that instead of welcoming the new Basketball ]

I think he is taking a short term solution. Recruiting will improve. What do you think Barnes did?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Apr 19, 2015, 8:46 PM

LOL I wasnt talking about Tropical. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, i knew that & you knew that, now hopefully e'ryone

Apr 20, 2015, 6:58 AM

else especially tropical knows that too.

nothing worse than when a wayward post hurts the unintended... i hope tropical's going to be OK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

says the person constantly trashing the baseball program***

Apr 20, 2015, 1:45 AM

Re: says the person constantly trashing the baseball program***

Apr 20, 2015, 7:08 AM

False and stop trolling

null

True, stalker boy***

Apr 20, 2015, 12:20 PM

Re: True, stalker boy***

Apr 20, 2015, 1:27 PM

nice to see my number one fan is back at it again today.

When are you going to unleash some more homophobic remarks bigot?

null

I think you are being hypocritical. You have spent

Apr 20, 2015, 2:16 PM

much more effort criticizing the baseball program than you have celebrating it, even during good times. And I'm not just talking about the last couple years. You have been one of the loudest voices criticizing that program on this whole website.

Our baseball program, even in it's worst years, always outperforms our basketball program.

You certainly have the right to do whatever you want... but judging people people for doing exactly what you do so demonstrably is begging for negative attention.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you are being hypocritical. You have spent

Apr 20, 2015, 2:18 PM

Link to me going into a thread of a Baseball commit and spending my time "trashing" the program.

I have also said numerous times that Jack has done a good job and is a good to great coach.

I have simply said I thought we could do better. I have backed up all my opinions with facts and stats from fielding percentage stats to winning % against ranked teams etc.

Also baseball is held at a higher standard due to the things in place for that program.

null

Wow, that's pretty arbitrarily specific.

Apr 20, 2015, 2:25 PM

You seem to be implying that it is worse for someone to criticize our basketball program specifically in the same thread which the OP is about a committed player than it is for someone to, even during happy times, be the voice of negative opposition on a very consistent basis.

So on the one hand we have the incorrigible people who criticize in a certain type of thread... and on the other hand we have a perfectly harmless dude who nearly daily has something negative to say about the baseball program.

Only threads about commits create a negative atmosphere for the team though. Not constant, repetitive droning.

Re: Wow, that's pretty arbitrarily specific.

Apr 20, 2015, 2:27 PM

I have said very little about the baseball program this year compared to MANY others on the board I have been rather tame this season.

The results have spoken for themselves.

So your line about me daily saying something is just 100% flat out bull ####.

null

Now that you have a bandwagon full of angry fans you

Apr 20, 2015, 2:30 PM

don't have the desire to post so frequently. You see the horse is dead at this point. Which is exactly why I specified 'when times are good.' You were one of a handful that established a reputation as someone who was consistently negative about the program, especially in threads where others were positive.

Not saying it's a crime, just saying it's hypocritical to get on people who are being negative about basketball in times of good news.

I doubt they go to the games***

Apr 20, 2015, 6:31 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 4,228
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic