Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question and observation. K.B. has started all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,247

Serious question and observation. K.B. has started all

Sep 23, 2018, 7:49 PM

our first four games. We did not move the ball,or score. After his two series were up, up put Trevor in, as planned. We scored. There is no doubt in my mind that Dabo wants to have the best player playing. Also, it appears that Trevor is stepping ahead of KB. Here’s my question...how will the senior players react if Trevor is announced as the starter this week? Here’s where I am coming from, and I hate to say it, but will some of our best players resent it? I think they all love each other, but, at the same time, they want to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious question and observation. K.B. has started all

Sep 23, 2018, 8:06 PM

ALL of our players want to win - senior or underclassmen. No one has ownership of a starting position - everyone on the team knows that performance matters. They also have eyes and can see who gives us the best chance to win and it is becoming increasingly clear that Trevor Lawrence is that guy. Furthermore, KB has been treated fairly and respectfully by the coaching staff so I seriously doubt any of the players will have a problem with a change in the starting QB should that be decided.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You had me at 'All our players want to win.'

Sep 24, 2018, 3:59 AM

Imo, everything else is trivial. If our players, when they came here, didn't know that Dabo is a fair, honest, God fearing, unbiased, southern gentleman who puts them first by doing what's best for everyone on the team which is setting a standard and requiring everyone to adhere to that standard, they know now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They know who the best QB is, just like everyone does

Sep 23, 2018, 8:16 PM

There might be only one person that thinks KB is better than TL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They know who the best QB is, just like everyone does

Sep 23, 2018, 10:48 PM

Walt depfoola

Re: They know who the best QB is, just like everyone does

Sep 23, 2018, 10:49 PM [ in reply to They know who the best QB is, just like everyone does ]

Walt depfoola

Good question

Sep 23, 2018, 8:17 PM

And since pre-season, Coach Swinney has been laying the seeds for TL to take over the starting QB role only if and when he earned it. And Trevor has … at least for upcoming ball game.

Coach Swinney is all about team chemistry. He gets it. We know that. And Swinney will sit down with CW42, Ferrell, KB and the team captains and request their support towards putting the team first. He probably already has today.

A lot of season left. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I trust Dabo almost blindly but the way he handled this

Sep 23, 2018, 8:24 PM

Was the best way. He knew that he would probably need kb to beat tam. He also knew that tl had a learning curve. By playing the way they did, it should be obvious to anyone including the players who was the most successful. If he makes this decision before game one or after game one it’s different. But now that we have several games to look at and especially this last one I think it should be clear.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Think Dabo Can Start TL This Game IF He Brings KB in

Sep 23, 2018, 8:25 PM

3rd - 4th Series.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty easy to think this through

Sep 23, 2018, 8:27 PM

Do you think the offensive line prefers pass protection for TL or dealing with KB calling his own number on the RPO most plays?

Do you think the receivers prefer the gunslinger TL or the passing of KB?

How about the running backs - more touches and more open running lanes or the defense stacking the box for KB?

Finally - this is a team and they have discipline. And give Dabo credit - he isn't simply making a choice. He let these guys show their stuff on the field. It is evident to all.

Re: Pretty easy to think this through

Sep 23, 2018, 8:41 PM

Well said.
I have supported starting KB IRL and on this board. I can't anymore though! Based on what has been stated by the coaching staff which was; "whoever moves the ball the best and most consistently" will get the starting job! TL has separated himself from the group! Even CB had opportunities in a few games this year and did not necessarily look ready!
KB knows the offense and is a good athlete. Maybe time to go out to TE. He doesn't have enough pure arm talent to be an NFL QB; so if I were him and had NFL aspirations. . . the time would be now to switch. He would be graded on a curve by scouts! And, if we need a QB he's there also!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will be 100% behind either TL or KB at this point.***

Sep 23, 2018, 9:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I’ve been wondering if TL will start and KB will come in....

Sep 24, 2018, 12:08 AM

after a few series. We seem to be starting slow in the first quarter with KB and then he does OK later....maybe he would do better coming in after TL has started and put a score on the board. Or maybe we could use KB situationally.

And hopefully before the year is out...have them both in the backfield at the same time for some sort of trick play.

Sep 24, 2018, 12:28 AM

Some of these points raise more questions. For me, I think our coaches are very cautious in the early stage of the game, somewhat the way boxers approach a fight. They want to see what the opponent has and just feeling him out. I'm not sure that putting TL in early is going to change the play calling. Maybe have a few less QB runs. KB2 is known for his running ability, so I thought we have more QB runs for KB2 as part of our game plan. Are we saying that KB2 is calling his own number a lot instead of handing it off?

For me, I've always thought TL16 opens up our offense, forcing the D to cover the passing attack more, and stop stacking the box. If KB could pass like TL, or TL could run like KB, then we'd have another DW4 I guess. :) Anyway, I prefer TL just because it seems easier to score, and that's what an offense should be about.

Sep 24, 2018, 3:52 AM

I do not know where all these questions about how the players will react to a QB change is coming from. I'm sure the players would tell you that who plays is up to Dabo Swinney and the other coaches. I would think they are more likely to just be ready to play and keep their opinions on how the coaches run the team to themselves. A college football program is not run like a democracy, it is closer to a dictatorship or monarchy...and Dabo is the king! I imagine the players will not voice their opinion unless asked by the coaches. Coaches who allow the players opinions to influence their team decisions do not last long. As long as the coaches are fair, the players will do their jobs without questioning the decisions of the coaching staff IMHO.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,247
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic