Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pretty cool...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Pretty cool...

Jan 17, 2016, 6:56 PM

That we have a qb that can make the throws that Peyton Manning can't. Or, many nfl qb's for that matter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty cool... Watson is special

Jan 17, 2016, 7:04 PM

I dont think we will ever see a guy like him again in many years even though recruit some really fine qbs. The guy is the whole package and has been since he hit campus. He is a once in the lifetime player.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 8:22 PM

How many times did we say the very same thing about CJ Spiller, and now look at what Dabo and company has led to Clemson since CJ. BOOM!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We said the same about Watkins, as well.

Jan 17, 2016, 8:25 PM

Clemson is a special place and we have been recruiting some special players in recent years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty cool... Watson is special ]

I think the area of his game that made CJ a once in a generation talent was his versatility. Christian McCaffrey is the first guy that I've seen since 2009 CJ that could affect a game in so many ways.

Even with all of the talent we have brought in under Dabo, I still don't think anyone compares to CJ in that regard. Just look how terrible our return game has been since he and Jacoby graduated with the exception of 2011 when Sammy was returning kicks pretty well.

As good as Sammy was when he was here, I never considered him to be a "once in a generation" talent. I thought that as long as Dabo kept recruiting like he did in 2011-2013 that we would have very productive WR's in most years.

I think DW4 is another once in a generation player like CJ, but his once in a generation talent is at QB play instead of being a versatile all purpose player. Deshaun also has an extremely unique ability to always answer anytime our opponent starts to gain the momentum. Even when we got down by 11 against Bama, I still had a lot of hope because Deshaun seems to always get the job done. He has only lost 2 games as a starter, and it's kinda nuts to count the 2014 GT game since we were winning when he got hurt.

As difficult as it is to go undefeated in college football, or to even finish the regular season with only 1 loss, I think that Deshaun has a better chance than any other QB in the country to lead his team to a perfect season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2016, 10:39 AM

Have you watched the NC game and the performance that DW4 displayed on the field. Without the athleticism of DeShaun Watson through the season, Clemson's name wouldn't even be in the heading of the NC game. DW4 has already entered his name as a Clemson great, and he still has two more years to show off his superman abilities!!! Goooo Tigersssss!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty cool... Watson is special ]

He certainly does all the little things, and his physical gifts aside, he is well tempered yet an intense competitor. He plays every down like it is his last.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that u Lindsay? Agree Deshaun is one of a kind.

Jan 18, 2016, 12:46 AM

Not sure about Bush ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic