Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tagovailoa ahead of Trevor Lawrence in preseason Heisman odds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

TNET: Tagovailoa ahead of Trevor Lawrence in preseason Heisman odds

Feb 28, 2019, 11:41 AM

Tagovailoa ahead of Trevor Lawrence in preseason Heisman odds

Spring practice has started so the college football season will be here before you know it. Las Vegas SuperBook released their opening Heisman Trophy odds recen Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tagovailoa ahead of Trevor Lawrence in preseason Heisman odds

Feb 28, 2019, 11:56 AM

Of course- Tua 1st and Alabama now No 1. Biased SEC homers---period. Also if we are fortunate enough to sign those 2020 high ranked--once we get them they will all drop out of the the Top 100!

Feb 28, 2019, 12:13 PM

You could be right; I'm not, but if I was a recruit, I would rather be on a team that I know has the coaching staff that can make me a better athlete, and they are winning championships. I wouldn't care about the ratings or the numbers that I had before I got there bc, in reality once you reach the college level, all those HS ratings and ranking mean nothing anyway. It's all about how a coaching staff brings them up to speed at the college level bc, if they don't do it right at the right time, the level after college into the NFL will be impossible to maintain....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made this case yesterday on another post

Feb 28, 2019, 11:57 AM

The national media is in control of the heisman. So you have to understand how this years award affects the coming years award. Tua had a heisman worthy season. They pretty much crowned him the winner all season. But at the end i believe started to factor in his injuries and the outstanding play of Murray. They gave it to Murray and in my opinion, ear marked the trophy for Tua for the following season. I don't think they like giving it out twice to the same guy. What they didn't realize was how good Trevor was going to be. Which is why i believe they'll ear mark it for the following season to him. Which means, the trophy is irrelevant. Too many people who shouldn't be involved in voting for it ARE the ones voting for it and you can't really rely on it as being all that legit. It would be nice to have a Clemson player get one, one day but.... after deshaun was snubbed twice for a player that wasn't as good as he was then i lost alot of respect. i believe it was because it was Clemson, not a big market team, and people didn't do any homework.

Re: I made this case yesterday on another post

Feb 28, 2019, 12:26 PM

Absolutely! I'm going to go back to a time most have forgotten or were not alive yet.
Woody Dantzler! 1st player in history to throw for 2000 yards and rush for 1000.
If the Heisman was given to the most outstanding player each year, Clemson would already have a winner.
Just sayin

Re: I made this case yesterday on another post

Mar 1, 2019, 6:56 AM

Wow you just brought back memories. I remember woody! His freshman year was the first year I started going to Clemson games. He is part of the reason I fell in love with Clemson(which is saying a lot cause everybody in both sides of my family are lamecock fans so thank god for my step dad). Woody was the man and then we got Charlie after. It’s crazy how long this program was on the verge of greatness. We just needed Dabo to push us over the hump

Feb 28, 2019, 11:59 AM

I just wonder if the Voters have been poled to get these odds, or is this the opinion of a sports talker!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2019, 7:46 PM

I would assume the sports books make the betting odds to get folks to pony up cash accordingly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2019, 12:04 PM

Look at that expression... Sorta going sh#@^&%$t...Gonna be a "grab your buttt" season...This is gonna be FUUN!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vegas odds aren't

Feb 28, 2019, 12:30 PM

For anything other than to get folks to lay down their money. Unless something drastic happens between now and the Heisman award, there's simply nothing to discuss. Folks have seen TL and Tua in the glare of the bright lights. Well, the glare bothered one player much, much more than the other. ;)

That said, I don't care for an individual 'best player' award for a team sport. That said, Part Deux, since there's going to be an award, a Tiger is long, long overdue.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2019, 12:27 PM

Vegas understands that the sports talking heads still have their heads way up Saban's caboose and they aren't coming out any time soon.

Feb 28, 2019, 12:42 PM

Good... gives TL a reason to continue kicking a$$!!!!

As someone posted earlier

Feb 28, 2019, 12:47 PM

That picture is TL when he heard the news Tua is the favorite

Heisman is just a numbers contest and i think there's a good

Feb 28, 2019, 1:17 PM

chance Tua has bigger numbers than Trevor next year. I'm not surprised he's the favorite.

If only we could see these two face off against each other

Feb 28, 2019, 1:21 PM

on the same field in a huge game. THEN the national would know which QB is better.

Hey . . . wait a minute . . .

Re: If only we could see these two face off against each other

Feb 28, 2019, 2:30 PM

Hahaha
A great reply!

Feb 28, 2019, 1:30 PM

I guess the head to head match up was meaningless.

Feb 28, 2019, 2:10 PM

Well, duh!

Tua plays for Alabama in the SEC. It just means more.

I'm pretty sure no Clemson player will ever win the award (not that it means much anymore). It's only because they can't actually ignore the scoreboard that we won either of those championship games these last few years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lollers at the picture of Trevor that they used.

Feb 28, 2019, 2:11 PM

Perfect.

Feb 28, 2019, 3:55 PM

Excellent! Time to start rebuilding the chip on the shoulder as we prepare to go back to back

Feb 28, 2019, 5:29 PM

i am SO sick of this heisman crap....it's like Christmas before halloween! this shouldn't be talked about until about game eight.

I suspect TL16 couldn't care less***

Feb 28, 2019, 5:37 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Feb 28, 2019, 5:50 PM

The betting line follows the money and the money follows Alabama. Good news is that it shows how much denial the Bama fan base is still in about how badly they were beaten.

I wouldn't take 3/1 on Lawrence for Heisman this year anyway. I'd take out a loan if they have that for him being in New York, though.

Feb 28, 2019, 6:28 PM

Perhaps I don’t understand. Are 3/2 odds not favored over 5/2?

Essentially this means it would cost you $2 to win $3 (vs. $5). The larger payout makes Tua #2 uh...

N’est pas?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Feb 28, 2019, 6:47 PM

I'm not surprised Tua is the favourite. The Heisman is a popularity contest voted on by members of the media. If the voters can actually stop kissing Saban's **** for long enough to place their votes, then they will obviously vote for the highest profile player, from the highest profile team, in the SEC.

The awarding of the Heisman to Tua, will not reflect who is the best QB in the land, who will lead his team to another National Championship(s), and who will go on to have the better NFL career when they turn pro.

Feb 28, 2019, 8:34 PM

The Heisman has turned into a joke. The likes of Shameless Winston, Johnny Boozeball, Baker grabmucrotch, Sorry missjackson are among recent winners. I consider myself proud that class act D dub didn’t “win.” He is frankly a better person and player than any of them. I feel the same for Trevor.

If they ever get back to awarding to the best overall student athlete, maybe I will feel differently, but these losers don’t make me have any respect for the award as of late...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2019, 9:40 PM

And the only two-time winner of the Manning Award, presented to the best college QB AFTER CONSIDERING POSTSEASON PLAY, and named for the family of 3 great college and pro QBs who never won a Heisman, is...

DW4.

But you already knew that.

Feb 28, 2019, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tagovailoa ahead of Trevor Lawrence in preseason Heisman odds ]

And the only two-time winner of the Manning Award, presented to the best college QB AFTER CONSIDERING POSTSEASON PLAY, and named for the family of 3 great college and pro QBs who never won a Heisman, is...

DW4.

But you already knew that.

TL is 1st. 3-2 odds are better than 5-2. Duh

Feb 28, 2019, 10:25 PM

Check your math geniuses

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

The article says 3/1, not 3/2.

Mar 1, 2019, 3:48 AM

"Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence was second in the odds at 3/1 followed by quarterbacks Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields, and Adrian Martinez at 6/1."

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. …”

Re: The article says 3/1, not 3/2.

Mar 1, 2019, 6:51 AM

In all honesty folks, the Heisman does not mean as much as it used to. When they gave it to Winston, Manzel and Jackson, it was a sign to the rest of the world that the Heisman has lost its true meaning. It no longer goes to the best player, it goes to the player with the most gawdy stats against crap teams. It no longer goes to the best ALL ROUND player, it goes to the guy who can put up 8 TDs against a team like Charlotte and then blows three games down the stretch. I honestly don't care if Tua gets it or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2019, 8:43 AM

The vote is biased due to former winners being given ballots, and AL has had a lot of winners. Same can be said for OSU, ND, the real USC who all have had multiple winners. The ballot box is stacked against players from other teams and conferences. No way DW4 should not have won at least one Heisman if the voting were based on who really is the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2019, 8:44 AM

Yup.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preseason Heisman odds set by

Mar 1, 2019, 11:37 PM

Downtown Athletic Club(sponsor), Media, former winners, AOC, Hillary and Bill, too durn many others.

Cast votes by DAC only after the season is completed.

Snowflakes, go to the freezer.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic