Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monte Lee is well respected in the state by coaches.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Monte Lee is well respected in the state by coaches.

Jun 11, 2018, 11:42 AM

Rome wasn’t built in a day. 3 years of hosting Regionals is nice but everyone can agree it’s not enough, including Monte and his staff. I guarantee they are hurting just as bad as us fans are. The people calling for his head are absolutely clueless when it comes to college baseball however. We lucked into hiring Monte because if we didn’t, he’d be with the Coots right now in his first year. He was undoubtedly their first option if Holbrook didn’t work out and most Coot fans would admit they wanted him over Chad because they know how good of a coach he is.

The sky isn’t falling on Clemson baseball so stop acting like it is. We would be foolish to fire a guy who is loved by SC high school coaches and players, and recruiting would certainly take a dip in-state again like it was when Jack was here. Jack was known for not recruiting certain guys in state because they didn’t fit his mold, and those guys went to USuCk. I believe in this coaching staff and their philosophy, and would advise those who are so negative towards this situation to take a step back and rethink it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monte Lee is well respected in the state by coaches.

Jun 11, 2018, 11:49 AM

I havent called for his head at all. I do see why there is disappointment that we couldnt advance when playing at home. Especially since there are two straight years of this with Vandy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think having patience with coaches is rewarded.

Jun 11, 2018, 11:56 AM

Dabo Swinney and Brad Brownell are perfect examples and their offices are right down the road. Some people just need to calm down and trust the process. No reason to play executioner right now.

Re: I think having patience with coaches is rewarded.

Jun 11, 2018, 12:03 PM

generally true. I think you have to feel the right things are being done to reward your patience and in the 2 you mentioned it was. I think it is in Monty's case. His job is tough due to the MLB draft impact. YOu want the best players (who arent going to go to MLB from high school)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte Lee is well respected in the state by coaches. ]

I don't understand the fire Monte talk bc at the beginning of the season, this past season team wasn't expected to win as many games as we did. And it was the pitching that was suppose to be our biggest down fall, Achilles' heel, as some may say!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 12:23 PM

Not asking too much to win a home regional in my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 1:16 PM

Maybe so, but we did have the coot AD making it as hard as he and his cronies could for us with the luck of the draw thingy, and playing Vandy the second year in a row didn't help our cause at all!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO youre overreacting.

Jun 11, 2018, 12:25 PM

Saw some people unhappy that we lost another regional, but honestly, how many people have you seen calling for his head? 2 or 3 on the entire site? Lets not make mountains out of anthills. Monte is fine.

Re: IMO youre overreacting.

Jun 11, 2018, 12:37 PM

^^^ correct^^^ - obviously haven't read every post but the only one I say was in Mickey's blog and he wasn't saying fire Monte now. Granted not a well put together question and off base but not actually saying to fire him now. Original poster was correct about one thing though - Monte and his coaches are hurting more than any fan could imagine. you could feel the pain in his press conference after the regionals.

If I'm not mistaken the class before Monte was hired was ranked 31 and the year before that was in the 30's or at least what little info I could find without paying the baseball sites. I have all the faith in the world that Monte will get us to where all Clemson fans want us to be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO youre overreacting.

Jun 11, 2018, 12:46 PM

We can't do better than Monte. O'Sullivan and Vandy coach won't come here because of their loyalty to Jack. Besides they have winning ball clubs now. Why leave that. We need some guys that can hit and a top guy on the mound. I commented last night that Texas Tech's first 6 hitters hit over .300 and their 7th guy hit .290. We need hitters period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why would they be upset

Jun 11, 2018, 3:37 PM

with Clemson? It seems that Jack isn't too upset, seeing as he comes to most of the games.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More directed towards those on Twitter and Facebook

Jun 11, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to IMO youre overreacting. ]

I’ve seen talk about it. I’m sure some of those people read TNet. I hate it when fans call for someone’s job, like they are in a place to judge.

Jun 11, 2018, 12:44 PM

Plus a lot of Baseball fans don't understand how hard it is to recruit in college baseball when there are I think only 12 full scholarships to be split the team, with some players having no scholarship help at all.

Jun 11, 2018, 12:58 PM

I could be wrong but I believe the total number of scholarships is 11.7 and the minimum a player on scholarship can receive is 1/4 tuition. One can see that colleges that can supplement their scholarship aid with endowment $ have an advantage.

Jun 11, 2018, 1:09 PM

That is correct, I just rounded it off to 12.

I'm sure OP means well but you do more harm than good

Jun 11, 2018, 12:54 PM

Bringing this up now probably does more harm than good

Jun 11, 2018, 1:49 PM

Rome wasn't built in a day... but South Carolina was under Kingston.

You won one super regional game and you think you are Rome?

Jun 11, 2018, 1:54 PM

Better yet, why are you here? Obsessed with Big brother, right? Always having to brag about your success to prove your worth? Get over yourself. Y’all are the laughing stock of the SEC in everything. Keep dreaming you belong at the cool kid table.

Jun 11, 2018, 1:51 PM

Yes we wanted Monte over Chad... but we also would have been fine with getting JackLeg over Chad. We do not want Monte over Kingston however, so it all worked out as intended. You guys got the big name in the state, we got the guy who can deliver us to the promised land again.

The only promise land for you yard birds is the slaughterhouse.***

Jun 11, 2018, 2:08 PM

Jun 11, 2018, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte Lee is well respected in the state by coaches. ]

lmao, lets see where "your" guy takes you after this year. you had 10 guys drafted. the cupboard was not bare by any means yet you lost 2 of 3 to us for the 4th straight year. dont talk to much till "your" guy can prove he can win with "his" players. he is doing this with chads players and the luckiest draw ever.

Jun 11, 2018, 4:15 PM

Luckiest draw ever huh? I pretty sure we would have been just fine playing St. John's, Morehead St., and Vandy. After all we had no problem beating Vandy 4 weeks ago. As far as talent is concerned, Kingston signed a Top 10 class this past year. Keep touting your series win over us this year, it does you a lot of good while we're making our way to Omaha.

Omaha? I don’t think so.

Jun 11, 2018, 9:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Post...***

Jun 11, 2018, 3:46 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some ya'll act like he's supposed to snap his fingers to win

Jun 11, 2018, 4:27 PM

a regional. Needs to get his snapper fixed huh...? Clemson needs a coach who can get us into position to win every year and every once in a while you'll get over that hump with the star level of your players. I think Monte has us exactly where he's supposed to have us. We just played a team with better pitching than we had hitting. If we had two stud pitchers then we would be in Omaha this year. Thats how close we are to getting back. To here's to hoping he finds or develops a couple pitchers that can get us back in the game.

I think Monte is fine. The scholarships have always been an issue. If it was a level playing field across the landscape of college baseball we'd be right at the top every year. And to see how we played at a high level all year this year means we're overachieving.

Jun 11, 2018, 4:57 PM

How does it feel that Coach Kingston has more regional wins in his first year than Monte in three years lol?

How does it feel to know you still didn’t beat Clemson?***

Jun 11, 2018, 5:00 PM

Re: How does it feel to know you still didn’t beat Clemson?***

Jun 11, 2018, 5:13 PM

Again, where did that win get you? Nowhere. We are a win away from the College World Series while your coaches and players will be watching from their sofas with popcorn.

We won. We’re better. Don’t care***

Jun 11, 2018, 5:14 PM

Re: We won. We’re better. Don’t care***

Jun 11, 2018, 5:27 PM

That is an insane argument. A series win over your rival doesn't make you better. You couldn't even beat a $hitty Vandy team on your own field, a team that we swept this season. I would say the better team is the team that is going further in the post season. You can't talk smack when your season is over lol, sorry.

Prematurely ejaculate much, c0cck?

Jun 11, 2018, 5:49 PM

Clemson had the better season and is the better team, by every possible measurable available at this time. Make Omaha and that narrative will change, but for now we are better and you ain't.

We won. We’re better. Don’t care.***

Jun 11, 2018, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: We won. We’re better. Don’t care*** ]

Re: How does it feel to know you still didn’t beat Clemson?***

Jun 11, 2018, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: How does it feel to know you still didn’t beat Clemson?*** ]

Why are you on this board?

Jun 11, 2018, 5:27 PM

I know for a fact that Monte is doing a h#** of a job in recruiting. Two of our recent commits for 2020 were life-long gamecock fans. The recruits and hs coaches love him and how he relates to them. Have faith.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic