Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team

Sep 27, 2017, 10:06 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team

Sep 27, 2017, 10:44 AM

overhyped team? this team has a defense unlike Loserville. Wont be a runaway I can tell you that. I think VT wins this one and yall win in the ACC championship game. Just been my gut feeling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on your level of competition

Sep 27, 2017, 10:46 AM

Could you explain your strengths vs our weaknesses or is your gut feeling based on the level of competition you've played?

Re: Based on your level of competition

Sep 27, 2017, 10:53 AM

In particular; the VT O-Line/freshman QB vs Clemson's front 7.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Based on your level of competition ]

Most of my way of thinking is based on Bud's ability to make a quarterback one dimensional and limit the run game. He will more than likely have the same gameplan as auburn did and make Bryant beat him through the air.

Sep 27, 2017, 11:13 AM

So, you're basing your entire basis off Bud's gameplan? Which is how every team we have faced/face this season will defend us (try to take away the run/make us throw).

Sep 27, 2017, 3:47 PM

Yes. Bud plays a variety of different types of defenses. His track record for having a great defense is a lot better than auburn or louisville's DC. We all know what auburn's DC did against WVU the last time he faced them. I think Pat White scored again. The game will remain close because of our defense.

Sep 27, 2017, 3:48 PM

Bud hasn't had too great of a track record against Clemson in recent memory.

Sep 27, 2017, 4:17 PM

I was just going to say, he acts like we haven't played against a Bud Foster defense lol. I mean, I'm pretty sure we're not scared of a Bud Foster defense....yet again. We'll try to keep it under 35

Sep 27, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Based on your level of competition ]

HokieRonJ = Auburn fan = Laurelcardfan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Not sure if Va. Tech can limit our rushing

Sep 27, 2017, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Based on your level of competition ]

They gave up 234 yds rushing to WV. They actually allowed 107 rushing yds to Delaware. Bud Foster is among the best in the country...but he's not going to be on the field.

Right now Clemson is ranked #12 in Rushing Defense, Va. Tech is ranked #27.

I don't know that we'll blast Va. Tech, but I'm pretty comfortable that we'll win it comfortably.

Was this the same gameplan Bud used last year against us?

Sep 27, 2017, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Based on your level of competition ]

Or in 2011? Or 2012?

Cause those gameplans didn't work so well

Is this the same Bud

Sep 27, 2017, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Based on your level of competition ]

that we beat 23-3 and 38-10 in 2011? The same Bud that we beat 38-17 in 2012? The same Bud that we beat last year 42-35?

Doesn't look to me like we've had problems scoring on his defenses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

i think will be difficult with a freshman qb

Sep 27, 2017, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team ]

but that's why they play the game

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Sep 27, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team ]

so, hokie offense scores more on our 1st defense than the heisman winner? gotcha. freshman qb has no idea what is coming his way. don't think he is the same league as stidham or lavar

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 27, 2017, 11:05 AM

Yes, our playcalling will be a lot better than the playcall of Petrino. Stidham is not a very good quarterback right now. Our offense is catered to the strengths of the players. not going to call plays that wont put them in the best position to be successful. The offense may struggle because of the strong DLine of the tigers, but I dont think Jackson will be rattled at all. VT oline is strong on the left side and jury still out on the right side, but we shall see soon enough.

Sep 27, 2017, 2:44 PM

Your offense may struggle more than you think because of the entire defense, not just the line.

Current stats after 4 games of play of Clemson vs 3 of the 4 VT has played (not counting Delaware, since they are FCS).

Total defense:
Clemson: #3
WVU: #106
ECU: #129
ODU: #97

Rushing defense:
Clemson: #12
WVU: #113
ECU: #123
ODU: #90

Passing Efficiency Defense:
Clemson: #12
WVU: #55
ECU: #129
ODU: #85

Scoring Defense:
Clemson: #3
WVU: #67
ECU: #128
ODU: #87

Team sacks:
Clemson: #2
WVU: T-#105
ECU: T-#112
ODU: #3

Sep 27, 2017, 3:51 PM

ODU and clemson are tied at 2 with 17 sacks. They were 1 before last saturday. I havent said anything about our competition being good. Our only good team we played so far is WVU. Clemson has played all suspect offenses but 1 and thats a one man show in Louisville. Kent state didnt even have their qb. Here is the offenses clemson has faced: Kent st-128, auburn-68, Louisville-8, BC-115. So not like yall have played some great offensive juggernauts. Cant judge saturday night based on what happened the first 4 games.

Sep 27, 2017, 4:13 PM

Agreed, Va. Tech is a much more complete team. I don't think it'll be a runaway, but I still think that the Tigers pull it out in Blacksburg. It's going to be fun to watch. :)

Sep 27, 2017, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team ]

You should honestly look at more than just basic statistics when you are saying Clemson hasn't played any offensive juggernauts...

Auburn is ranked higher than VT at every single spot when you take out the fluff (the S&P+ and FEI take out all the crap...like racking up yards vs bad defense or cupcakes, garbage time TD's). ^_^ Offensively, so Louisville and WVU are better than VT too. Don't just look at total yards per game as a factor...that never counts in the level of competition, nor when the stats were built in the game (main game vs garbage time).

The defenses though become a bigger factor. You have a better defense than Louisville, but not Auburn. We have a MUCH better defense and bigger differential than WVU (#3 vs #85??).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa2017

Sep 27, 2017, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team ]

Even Caleb Farley thinks this is an L

VPI&SU has played ONE

Sep 27, 2017, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team ]

true BCS school. Your vaunted defense held that team to 592 yards, but look on the bright side, that's 43 yards less than the NEW Monsters of The Midway - The Kansas Jayhawks DEFENSE!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 27, 2017, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team ]

Will you come back to eat your crow if Clemson wins?

Sep 27, 2017, 3:53 PM

yes I will be back on here sunday or monday whether we win or not. I dont mind eating crow, but I doubt a lot of the "fans" on here spouting their mouth will reply back to me when we win and I come back

You told her!

Sep 27, 2017, 3:57 PM

Wimmen should'not be trying to discus fottball.

lol no you wont***

Sep 27, 2017, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team ]

Oct 1, 2017, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team ]

Still waiting...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great. Another week of LaurelCardsFan.***

Sep 27, 2017, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Prediction: Tigers will expose yet another over hyped team ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ONE of these birds has to do something against us, right?

Sep 27, 2017, 5:30 PM

Lord knows it wont be the Fighting Pizzas or the Coots.

Yep.***

Sep 27, 2017, 11:12 AM

Sep 27, 2017, 5:18 PM

I watched VT - Old Dominion last night on ESPN. I was not impressed with VT. ODU played them tougher than the score looked. And that was with their starting WR/RB and 2 of their front 4 on defense out. Also started a 17 year old QB. I am expecting this to be as bad as the Lamar Cardinals game was.

Sep 27, 2017, 8:07 PM

"When you win"????? Lol.....definitely similar to auburn and Louisville fans. Lame.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 1:59 PM

Good call!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic