Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prediction: SC loses to Marshall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,774

Prediction: SC loses to Marshall

Aug 14, 2018, 10:53 AM

Marshall returns most of their skill positions, most of the offensive line, and 9 defensive starters for the 2018 season. That being said, here are their 2017 stats (as a team) vs South Carolina.

Marshall Total Offense - 77
South Carolina Total Offense - 102

Marshall Total Defense - 24
South Carolina Total Defense - 52

Marshall Strength of Schedule - 77
South Carolina Strength of Schedule - 46

Marshall is replacing its QB and OC, but South Carolina is also replacing their OC and they are playing Marshall directly after playing Georgia...definition of a "trap game".

Aaaaaand, discuss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Would be really embarassing

Aug 14, 2018, 10:55 AM

since Marshall is still rebuilding their football team after that horrific plane crash

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stats don't lie...

Aug 14, 2018, 11:05 AM

Heck, if you take their horrific loss to us out last season, then Marshall probably has as good, if not better, SOS than SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Additional Fun Fact

Aug 14, 2018, 3:48 PM

The only time Marshall and USuCk played each other was in 1998. Guess who won?

http://www.winsipedia.com/marshall/vs/south-carolina

TIGER BALLS.

Re: Would be really embarassing

Aug 14, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Would be really embarassing ]

Of course you know that Marshall has beaten Clemson since the plane crash. Right?

Bowdens first game

There's a reason he got fired***

Aug 14, 2018, 11:43 AM

Re: Would be really embarassing

Aug 14, 2018, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Would be really embarassing ]

Your attempt at humor was in bad taste. My parents lost friends and some of my friends lost parents. I was 14 and watched my team play on Saturday, a week later they were all dead. All 75 on board were killed that night. Think on that.

On a lighter note, Marshall is 1 - 0 at the roach already.

I hope the dirtpeckers lose every game***

Aug 14, 2018, 11:01 AM

Re: Prediction: SC loses to Marshall

Aug 14, 2018, 11:01 AM

Could happen but....

Aug 14, 2018, 11:07 AM

.... the talent level is greater at USCjr. Pains me to say that, but it's more about Marshall's lack of talent... they are building for sure. But last year they lost to the likes of FL Atlantic, UTSA, and FIU.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Counter Argument

Aug 14, 2018, 11:19 AM

South Carolina barely beat La Tech (literally by 1 point on a last second field goal)

Marshall lost by 3 at NC State and 4 of their other losses were by a combined total of less than 2 touchdowns. Their only convincing loss was an 11 point loss to FIU.

It's only a prediction, but I really think that this year is a real wake-up call to some SC fans that think they are on the cusp of "arriving" with Sir Boom.

TIGER BALLS.

and $CU needed some divine intervention to beat La Tech***

Aug 14, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Could happen but.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 14, 2018, 11:07 AM

Several Usuck fans I know are in agreement! This is clearly a “trap” game, especially if the chickens lose badly to UGa. and or suffer any major injuries. There is an ill ease about this contest for the very reasons mentioned in the initial post.

Marshall would love beating an SEC team! They also play NCST the next week so it will be interesting to gage their team.

Aug 14, 2018, 11:14 AM

As much as I hope they will lose too Marshall it’s not happening. However if it happens I will gladly come back to this post and eat crow with a grin on my face .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 11:38 AM

If I have heard correctly as I eavesdropped .. the Thundering Herd is 2-0 vs USuC all-time .

That'sa lol . USuC is playing for pride in that one , it's not a trap .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 14, 2018, 11:38 AM

I am a Cid grad. I've not kept up with Marshall much since they moved up, but when we played them while TB was coach I heard, on another site, all about how we were going to stomp them - show them what big boy football was all about. I kept trying to inform the posters that those folks knew how to play ball and we should not be so confident. They showed up at Death Valley and hurt our feelings.

As I stated, I have not kept up with Marshall, but they have known how to play ball and I do not suspect they forgot how even if they are rebuilding and their last season was less than stellar.

USC, on the other hand, has been rebuilding, but I seldom expect them to be more than mediocre even if their W/L ratio looks good - they just have a culture of mediocrity there which is seldom exceeded. So, USC will have their hands full and if they win I suspect it will be the result of taking advantage of a mistake or two from Marshall more so than beating them. While I think USC could win, I expect them to not.

Aug 14, 2018, 12:33 PM

I believe Marshall is undefeated vs both the Tigers and Coots

Go Herd!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a trap game for sure but one $CU wins IMO***

Aug 14, 2018, 12:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bill Connelly's S&P+ gives it a 33% chance of happening

Aug 14, 2018, 12:55 PM

That's actually pretty high considering the game is at SC. It also projects SC to win just 6-7 games.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/7/17574012/south-carolina-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

Marshall also finished slightly above SC in his ratings last year:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

Why would the Trojans play their own B-School?***

Aug 14, 2018, 2:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I ink they lose to Mizz!***

Aug 14, 2018, 2:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to sound too optimistic, but I think Mizz

Aug 14, 2018, 3:45 PM

Blows them out at home.

TIGER BALLS.

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,774
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic