Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I see the idiots are back...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I see the idiots are back...

Feb 15, 2018, 8:44 AM

4_BA64_F64-2_C03-475_C-9_A10-_D378_F628_C252

What’s really sad, is lots of these folks are mature (allegedly) adults, and not young clueless teenagers.

It was one game, AWAY, in the ACC. We have 20 wins with FIVE GAMES LEFT, and are a top 15 team.

Like I had said...idiots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As an idiot, I am offended that you compare...

Feb 15, 2018, 8:50 AM

Fair weather fans to people like me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You aren't an idiot.

Feb 15, 2018, 9:14 AM

You're just the town drunk. You're my hero, kinda like Otis on Andy Griffin. You do and say really stupid stuff and always come out smelling like a rose. Barney, now Barney was the idiot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t smell like a rose right now.

Feb 15, 2018, 9:20 AM

But I am drunk in town.

Preach

Feb 15, 2018, 8:53 AM

I think I read somewhere - the exact numbers escape me - that FSU has lost to only 2 teams in the ACC at home in the last 3 years.

They are a tough team at home.

We had a chance to win. Sure. But there is a reason they don’t lose many at home.

And last night they didn’t give up.

I feel like this Tiger team is different and may make some noise in March.
If we make it to the Sweet 16 it will have been a WILDLY successful year.
Period.

It has already has been an awesome year for Clemson basketball

Feb 15, 2018, 11:03 AM

Nm

Re: I see the idiots are back...

Feb 15, 2018, 9:06 AM

There is an illusion of entitlement among some fans that is bewildering. Who owes me anything? I'm just along for the ride.

I was once

Feb 15, 2018, 9:07 AM

a clueless teenager, but quickly progressed to become an adult idiot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Feb 15, 2018, 9:18 AM

It was a disappointing lose due to the large amount of turnovers that lead to us losing the game and blowing a big lead. Road ACC games are always tough, the thing that just gets me about the lose is should have been a win if not for all the dumb turnovers but no need to do the should've could've would've game. This team still has everything to play for and nothing has changed. Just gives less lead way for another lose, still can be same seed as if we were to win that game. Makes this Duke game a lot bigger now though when it comes to staying in the top 4 of ACC so we can get the 2 byes. Still great teams with great things ahead let's shake off the lose and beat DUKE!!!!

I think the Rev cleared all this up a couple years back

Feb 15, 2018, 9:18 AM

by establishing some rules for behavior after our losses.

You have to give people adequate time to grieve after a loss. Dumping is allowed until Tuesday morning after a lost football game. At least give the injured a day or two to get their hostilities out before you start a freaking war.

It's OK for people to be upset. People who aren't upset about a Clemson loss are the coots not those who express their pain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the Rev cleared all this up a couple years back

Feb 15, 2018, 9:51 AM

I’m upset. We had an 18 point lead. Turnovers and 2nd half were infuriating.

But I can also look at the bigger picture and come shy of saying our coach and team sucks.

Be upset we lost, but don’t be irrational.

Yea...one of them was coaching our team last night.***

Feb 15, 2018, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Yea...one of them was coaching our team last night.***

Feb 15, 2018, 9:50 AM

The same coach that was projected to finish next to last in Conference?

That coach?

You can pound sand with that garbage. He’s GREATLY exceeded expectations this year, and your response shows you were just waiting to try and say “told you so.”

If you can’t appreciate Coach Brownell this season, you are in fact, in the group of idiots I speak of.

what amazes me is...

Feb 15, 2018, 9:57 AM

after the least bit of success by our basketball team certain people seem to think that we are a perennial power and should never lose again.

Why was a team with this much talent PROJECTED near bottom of ACC

Feb 15, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Yea...one of them was coaching our team last night.*** ]

that was based on the track record of Clemson basketball, not on THIS team obviously. Projections are tough, no doubt this team has excelled. Brownell deserves credit for winning, but he deserves criticism for last night without question.

21 turnovers was huge factor of course but coach is responsible for “in-game” coaching to make adjustments. He failed in that effort and while he is not only reason Clemson lost, he was a major factor!

Re: Why was a team with this much talent PROJECTED near bottom of ACC

Feb 15, 2018, 10:15 AM

Can you explain exactly how you know he failed?

Were you in the timeout huddles? Did he just fail to discuss the turnover thing?

Or perhaps, he coached his team, discussed what they could do to overcome, but the players just got beat.

I mean I swear I’ve looked over the entire box score and PBP, and I can’t see anywhere that Brownell committed a turnover.

We lost, it happens. But Brownell doesn’t have some magic wand. If you think he didn’t bring up turnovers and get his team in a position to win, then you obviously didn’t watch. Sometimes young kids just can’t make it happen. That’s how it works.

Seriously you have to ask for explaining how he failed ???

Feb 15, 2018, 10:53 AM

First off, we lost.

If you play sports or understand team events, coach is always the reason and he should always accept this fact.

Coach should always accept blame for defeat, and in same vein, should never accept credit for victory.

Sports 101, having coached and played this much I know is fact.

The team lost focus, correct ?? They played very poor 2nd half, correct ?? The team had 18 point lead, correct ?? All this happens, it’s nothing new. But coach needs to realize WHY it happened and figure out before too late and the game is over. He did not do that!

He is solely responsible for anything this basketball team does, as is any head coach of any sport!! Know when to foul the opponent, know when to use TIIMEOUTS such as inbound play in final minute. These things are coach involvement, let your players know what needs to be done. After turnovers some coaching is needed not just turn your back which he did multiple times on the 21 TO’s. Like I said, it happens but coach should help his struggling team and I witnessed none of that. Disappointing but I am not trying to dog Brownell but rather understand why he failed to coach up his team.

I love Clemson but Brownell shows little emotion. Now that is good in a lot of ways, very good. But it is that lack of emotion that seems to be incapable of firing up his team when they need it. Last night some fire might have changed outcome.

All that said, you are 100% correct it is just 1 game. Let’s hope that this team looks forward and not in emerge view mirror. This is a good team and if we can stay healthy and not lose anybody else, Mitchell being a concern of course. He took quite a shot and I pray he makes it back to Clemson in great health today.

Ne rear view mirror. Clemson lost regardless of coaching or players.

Feb 15, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Why was a team with this much talent PROJECTED near bottom of ACC ]

Duke next!

####, so all Brownell had to do was say "quit turning the

Feb 15, 2018, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Why was a team with this much talent PROJECTED near bottom of ACC ]

ball over" and it would have worked?

That guy must be an idiot.

See how easy that was. Send resume to Clemson Athletic Department C/O Terry Don Phillips

Feb 15, 2018, 11:20 AM

Oh wait.... lol

Feb 15, 2018, 10:07 AM

I think the majority of the frustration is that the team blew an 18 point lead to lose the game. It would have been easier to accept if they had not controlled the entire game. Deep down, I believe everyone wants to see this team do well. The sky isn’t falling, but this is a theme that all of us have seen too many times before. Here’s hoping they can overcome the letdown and get back on track. The next five games will not be easy though, especially with Duke coming to town and two of them being on the road.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's simple

Feb 15, 2018, 10:27 AM

We needed Hunter Johnson in the game and the coaches failed us.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic