Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well i made it through triple bypass surgery and now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Well i made it through triple bypass surgery and now

Feb 16, 2020, 6:41 AM

Im dealing with all the pain and trying to get my lungs to work better. Its very stressful but im looking forward to getting through it all. Thank you all for your nice words earlier. Go tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news! Now, take it easy and allow

Feb 16, 2020, 6:45 AM

Mother Nature to do her thing with the healing..........which means it might be a good idea to visit TNet only occasionally!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great news! Now, take it easy and allow

Feb 16, 2020, 8:09 AM

It's not mother nature it is God's nature. He is the one that created mankind...Amen

Feb 16, 2020, 10:22 AM

And the generations of scientists and doctors that developed the skills and tools to save lives.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I'll take my chances with the surgeon

Feb 16, 2020, 10:34 AM

seems to work better than praying

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not both?

Feb 17, 2020, 9:33 AM

What do you have to lose, other than your life? Why does it have to be either or?

Feb 16, 2020, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Great news! Now, take it easy and allow ]

God created all things including mother nature. It all comes full circle.

Re: Well i made it through triple bypass surgery and now

Feb 16, 2020, 6:45 AM

Hang in there. Yell at a couple of coots. That should help you breathe more deeply. Seriously take care and listen to your medical team. we need you ready by the spring game. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 8:30 AM

Good luck buddy. If you have a top flight medical team you’ll be home watching our Tigers very soon. Give the pretty nurses a break ..... until you fully recover!

Feb 16, 2020, 8:37 AM

Take care and have a speedy recovery.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Praying for you

Feb 16, 2020, 8:38 AM

One day at a time and God Bless ??

Re: Praying for you

Feb 16, 2020, 8:44 AM

Yeah, Mother Nature has nothing to do with healing since there is no such person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 9:04 AM

Hang in there. You’ll start to feel better soon. I had 2 stents but it’s just getting through the mental stuff.
Re-evaluate your life, make smart changes, lean on those you love and that love you, and mostly pray for strength and healing. Go Tigers!

Feb 16, 2020, 9:10 AM

And wait a while before watching the basketball team play. They do bad things to even young folks' hearts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wishing you a quick and full recovery!

Feb 16, 2020, 9:18 AM

Be well!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 9:24 AM

One day at a time. Keep your faith, and don't lose sight of the big picture, which is the rest of your life with the ones and the things you love. Count your blessings. They are many!

Feb 16, 2020, 9:45 AM

Congrats on the successful surgery!

Now, go own that recovery!

????????????????????

GO TIGER!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Congrats CORNFLAKES for a successful Procedure!

Feb 16, 2020, 9:51 AM

Now BYOG while the bode & mind do their thing!

Smiling, with a wink.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 9:49 AM

Keep close to the Good Lord! He will be with you through it all. You can’t lose with Him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 9:54 AM

My wife had a triple bypass 20 months ago. The most important thing is getting up and walking. Do more than they tell you to. Heed the restrictions for the next 6 months and be religious about diet and meds.

Glad to hear and good luck!

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 16, 2020, 9:57 AM

That’s great news bro. I’ll be praying for you to heal as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Good for you! Wishing you a speedy and complete

Feb 16, 2020, 10:12 AM

recovery. I've had heart surgery and procedures over the last couple of years, and can probably relate to what you are going through. I had a defibrillator/pacemeker installed recently and am still in recovery mode myself. Follow the plan and be patient; it just takes a little time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 16, 2020, 10:32 AM

This might sound harsh, but the fastest way to recover is to use your incentive spirometer 10 times per hour when awake and get up and moving. The nurses and PT should have got you up and walking the day of your surgery. Ask the docs and nurses at morning rounds to get the chest tubes, foley and central lines out of you as fast as possible. Set a realistic pain goal with your nurse... what is tolerable and get off the narcs as fast as possible. If they haven’t already, ask your nurse and docs to start a bowel regimine of miralax, colace and senna kot so your GI tract wakes up and you poop. Most importantly, take a good and honest look at the lifestyle choices that blocked your coranary arteries in the first place. Look up and research intermittent fasting.... could change your life by skipping breakfast. The food pyramid is a bunch of crap. Unless you are a type one diabetic, look at the ketogenic diet. Will open your eyes about health.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 10:34 AM

Hang in there and follow the doctor's orders. Pulling for you!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re in it together

Feb 16, 2020, 12:24 PM

I had a heart attack a month ago, followed by heart failure/cardiac arrest a day later. No bypass for me, just a stent. A week into cardiac rehab and already feeling much stronger.

Prayers for you and your recovery.

GO TIGERS!

Feb 16, 2020, 12:57 PM

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. Follow your doctors orders and you will be cheering for the Tigers for a long, long time

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 1:08 PM

Be sure and blow out all of your air before sneezing or coughing. Good luck. Been there, done that.

Feb 16, 2020, 1:08 PM

Be sure and blow out all of your air before sneezing or coughing. Good luck. Been there, done that.

Glad you are on the mend ! God is good !***

Feb 16, 2020, 8:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 8:15 AM

My mother-in-law just came home from double by-pass surgery. I’m seeing first hand what you are experiencing. I see the daily progress too. Hope your recovery is swift and your life is long and fruitful. Go ahead and get those season tickets. Go Tigers!

Feb 17, 2020, 8:34 AM

Will be praying for you to make a speedy recovery hope you are back on your feet soon.

Feb 17, 2020, 6:03 PM

Glad you are better!!!!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic