Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So uh, yeah, Pops died Monday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

So uh, yeah, Pops died Monday

Jul 31, 2020, 8:24 AM

I was the only one there. He was on a BiPap breathing for him, hoping he could hold on until Mom got home from the Mountains with my brothers. He was Covid negative, but respiratory failure was his ultimate cause of death. I'm not sure he knew I was there, and that sucks, but he was not alone. He spent the last 60ish days in the Hospital or in long term rehab.

Monday morning they found a GI bleed and he was talkative, sent him to the ER and I called at 1:25 to check up on him, nurse was giving me info, etc and saying it isn't GOOD, but it aint terrible. Mom called me at 1:45 (20 minutes later) and said I needed to get up there ASAP. The Emergency Room looks like a scene from a post-apocalyptic movie. It was almost scary. I finally got through to see him but he was barely there, if at all. All the noises, beeps, breathing machine, etc. He was a DNR patient and asked to not be intubated previously so we knew it was going to be tough. Mom was going to get there by 5:00 and he died around 3:45. To be honest, that is probably for the best, Mom has stage IV cancer and doesn't need to be anywhere around an Emergency Room.

Funeral was yesterday, graveside only. Friends and family were there, but there were no hugs with all of us. We gotta protect Mom now. Covid has royally FUCKED up Dad's last few months even though he didn't contract it (and could possibly do the same for Mom, fingers crossed). Every decision has thoroughly considered. Dad's sister wasn't able to come eat with the family after the funeral due to exposure risk. Friends cannot come by and share stories and hug it out with Mom. Truth be told, none of us probably should have.

Oh well, I'm sad, but Dad has been "gone" from himself for over a year now, slowly deteriorating. The last months have been really bad. Take care of yourselves, don't smoke, exercise regularly, and hug your loved ones if you have the chance. You never know when it could be the last. My kids never really got to hug grandaddy one last time which sucks. They will forget that over time, but I'm not sure I will.

Anyways, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening to the worst TED Talk ever.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry Greenr.***

Jul 31, 2020, 8:25 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry to hear this bud***

Jul 31, 2020, 8:30 AM

Re: Sorry for your loss sir

Jul 31, 2020, 8:32 AM

never easy, and these times are making it so tough on so many. I really hate that for you and family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss. Nobody should have to spend their last

Jul 31, 2020, 8:36 AM

minutes in the ER. That's where my Dad passed also. I think out of all the negatives of teh rona, the story you describe about lack of being able to grieve properly is the worst. At least since he wasn't positive, he didn't have to be alone. Prayers for you and your family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats tough, sorry for you and your family!***

Jul 31, 2020, 8:38 AM

I’m so sorry brother

Jul 31, 2020, 8:58 AM

These end of life scenarios are the hardest part for me of all the COVID stories,and I am so sorry you had to see your Dad off like this. The Obed family is grieving with you though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, man. It's never easy. T&P's.***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Prayers.***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really sorry to hear that.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:03 AM

This is a tough time for healthy people to navigate, I can't even begin to fathom dealing with serious health issues during this mess. If there's anything we can do for you and your family, you know we're right around the corner.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soooo sorry man.....

Jul 31, 2020, 9:10 AM

Prayers for Mom and the rest of your family in this difficult time. I miss my Dad everyday.

Sorry for your loss***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:11 AM

Ah man that sucks, rea;;y sorry....

Jul 31, 2020, 9:13 AM

it sucks on both fronts...that your Dad died and that you can't share remembrances of him like you should be able to.

My Dad passed last year and I can't imagine how much more difficult that would have been without the funeral/visitation process. We were discussing that a few days ago...almost to the point of being thankful he passed before all of this COVID mess.

Thoughts and prayer go out to you and your family.

Sorry Greenr

Jul 31, 2020, 9:16 AM

I say it so often, it may lose it's menaing, but the worst day of my life was the day my dad died. Actually, it was the worst week of my life. I wasn't with him, but at least you were.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent. I know what you're going through.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:22 AM

Tuesday here. Dad had been unable to walk for almost 6 years, 4 of which were in a nursing home. And the kicker was covid, denying us the past 4 months to see him, and we knew he had been going downhill from Skype sessions. He hasn't "talked" in several months. We had him placed on Hospice Monday. Mom and I got to see him, but he probably had no clue we were there. He passed Tuesday morning. At least we got to see him one last time.

Then the funeral.....mom insists on having it public. Had it been private we would have invited about 30 people, and maybe 20 would show. But funeral home guy promised most people won't come. They also mandate masks in the funeral home. Service is Sunday because pastor was on vacation (timing).

No clue if covid or not. Nursing home said there's no way to tell after death. Mom learned that was BS and went ballistic. For me, doesn't matter really. He is at peace, finally.

And thanks for a heads up on the current covid/funeral etiquette. Going to be awkward, massively, not being able to share hugs and handshakes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man dang, so sorry to hear that. It was tough seeing 100+

Jul 31, 2020, 9:25 AM

people around your family at the graveside and not being able to individually greet every one of them.

Good luck with the services. It ain't easy, as I am sure you know. I'll be thinking about your family.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks.***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Tiggity, also

Jul 31, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Prayers sent. I know what you're going through. ]

#### man.

Both of my parents died by the time I was 30, seeing you guys go through this with COVID really puts in perspective how hard it is now

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You hang in there too sir. ******

Jul 31, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Prayers sent. I know what you're going through. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang Tiggity. So sorry to hear.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Prayers sent. I know what you're going through. ]

Love ya man. Hope the services bring some peace to the family.

So sorry for your loss.***

Jul 31, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Prayers sent. I know what you're going through. ]

So sorry brother...

Jul 31, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Prayers sent. I know what you're going through. ]

remember the good stuff and let go of the bad near the end.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

daphuque? Sorry main. dayum. 2020 sucks.***

Jul 31, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Prayers sent. I know what you're going through. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry man, prayers for you all***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Prayers sent. I know what you're going through. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so sorry for your loss, man.***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:24 AM

Re: So uh, yeah, Pops died Monday

Jul 31, 2020, 9:34 AM

Greenr. That is so heavy. So sorry you are going through that. May he rest in peace. Sigh.

Sorry, hang tough it's not easy.***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, sorry for your loss***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

<3***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:43 AM

That was me that texted you, if you deleted my number.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: So uh, yeah, Pops died Monday

Jul 31, 2020, 9:43 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine not being able to hug and grieve at a funeral. You've posted frequently about taking care of your parents. Even if your Dad didn't know you were there at the end, you did right by him and are a good son. God bless you and your family.

I’m sorry man.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:52 AM

Rooting for your mom as well as the rest of your family as they deal with everything. Love you man.

dayum. sorry main.***

Jul 31, 2020, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss.***

Jul 31, 2020, 11:03 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Peace and love for your heart Greenr

Jul 31, 2020, 11:05 AM

Your kids will remember all the times they did get to hug their granddad and that is what really matters.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear. Prayer for you and your family.***

Jul 31, 2020, 11:51 AM

Sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.***

Jul 31, 2020, 12:13 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for you and your family..

Jul 31, 2020, 12:15 PM

??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry to hear.***

Jul 31, 2020, 12:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

missed this earlier...prayers for your family***

Jul 31, 2020, 8:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The TU is Thinking of U and your dad and family.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:26 PM

With you in your loss.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bruh, that’s heavy

Jul 31, 2020, 9:58 PM

Time will make it better, speaking from experience.

Sorry you had to deal with that.

I was the last one to see my mom before she passed. I know those feels

You got this and best of luck with your moms

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic