Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole Stout
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Cole Stout

Sep 27, 2018, 10:10 AM

The events of this week have made me reflect on a situation from a few years back. Cole Stout was a senior, had patiently waited “his” turn all the while working his butt off only to be replaced by a freshman phenom named Deshaun Watson. I am sure he was hurt as he watched his dream of being “the guy”go by the wayside. He was noticeably no longer in the media’s eye, no more Tuesday interviews and I remember thinking what a blow to a young man’s ego that must have been. Yet, he never quit supporting, leading and being a part of this team. No public display of anger, no accusations of being treated unfairly nothing at all. He remained a member and leader of his team, in support of his brothers without waiver. He was there to help after Deshaun was hurt but he was constantly reminded of the fact he wasn’t Deshaun, some fans even booed him. Deshaun came back to defeat our rivals with one leg and entered Clemson folklore, deservingly. Cole had an opportunity to start in the bowl game with Oklahoma and the rest is history. While the situations are different, Cole, at least in my mind, is an example of true leadership and devotion to team. Glad he stayed and proud to call him a Clemson man.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole Stout

Sep 27, 2018, 10:15 AM

He became one of my more favorite players AFTER he was benched for the way he hung in there, was still a good team player, and was ready when needed in the bowl game. THAT showed me what kind of a player and young man he was, not just his physical abilities.

Dude shredded the Okies

Sep 27, 2018, 10:26 AM

It was awesome!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't really compare

Sep 27, 2018, 11:20 AM

You are comparing a situation where Cole didn't have another option. If the current redshirt rule had been in place, would he have handled things differently? No one knows for sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't really compare

Sep 27, 2018, 11:26 AM

I did say...”while circumstances are different” It doesn’t diminish the fact Cole, at least in my mind, exemplified how a team leader handles a situation.

What option does Kelly really have?

Sep 27, 2018, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Can't really compare ]

Yes, the current redshirt rule lets him easily transfer and play somewhere next year. But where? Furman, Citadel, Lehigh? Does he really think he's going to walk into Gainesville and instantly be the starting QB. They have 6 guys already on their roster a with the oldest being a sophomore.

Cole had big shoes to fill. One could say he was

Sep 27, 2018, 11:25 AM

stout for doing what he did

keep going. . cole stayed 4 years...played in the bowl

Sep 27, 2018, 11:28 AM

then your story ends. ..

what happened to this 1 legged watson fella...

did he stay his 4 years?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Note to those above...

Sep 27, 2018, 11:43 AM

His name is Cole Stoudt
And yes, he's a Clemson Gentleman!

Re: Note to those above...

Sep 27, 2018, 12:10 PM

Kelly acted like a child that had his candy taken from him , talking about it was a slap in the face .
I think Dabo done him a favor by not playing Kelly this week , because now he can go to another program , and maybe be a starter .
Good Luck Kelly ,

Cole Stoudt seemed to get better under Brandon Streeter?

Sep 27, 2018, 12:02 PM

I could be wrong about this, but it seemed this way. I don't know if Dabo and Jeff Scott worked with the QB's more. Morris was leaving leading up to the Usc game. Stoudt seemed more confident in the pocket. His timing, progressions, his throwing, and vision seemed to be better against Oklahoma. Could be coincidence since Streeter was only here a month before the Russell Athletic Bowl, but that is what I remember.

Re: Cole Stoudt seemed to get better under Brandon Streeter?

Sep 27, 2018, 12:06 PM

I think the biggest thing with Stoudt was he didn't really fit what Morris wanted to do. Then when Deshaun couldn't play in the bowl game the "new" offensive staff had the time to taylor the system to what he did best.

Possibly. Of course, throwing to Williams, Peake, Scott

Sep 27, 2018, 12:25 PM

and Hopper didn't hurt. ;)

Irrelevant. He didn't have the option to transfer after 4 games.***

Sep 27, 2018, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

But he had the option to quit, which isn't much different***

Sep 27, 2018, 12:07 PM

Really???***

Sep 27, 2018, 12:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes, really

Sep 27, 2018, 12:38 PM

Cole could've said the h*** with it and quit. But he didn't he stuck around and tried to help the team.

Kelly on the other hand did quit this team.

Despite the fact that you are kind of

Sep 27, 2018, 12:09 PM

comparing apples to oranges in that Stoudt had no other options like KB does, I get your point. I've always had a lot of respect for Stoudt in how he handled that situation, and was one of his biggest fans when he destroyed Oklahoma.

I think the biggest difference isn't the new redshirt rule

Sep 27, 2018, 1:06 PM

It's that Cole didn't lead his team to a 12-2 record and CFP berth the year prior.

Re: I think the biggest difference isn't the new redshirt rule

Sep 27, 2018, 1:19 PM

Kinda like the stock market...prior results has nothing to do with today’s results....different team. I would also point out, the receivers this year are better than the ones last year and I think the running backs are better too, but only if they get the ball!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic