Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Suspects motive?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Suspects motive?

Jun 28, 2013, 4:57 PM

You people are treating this kid like he is one of the Boston bombers. Sure, we get it, our fan base is obviously emotionally wounded from the rock being vandalized.

But he didn't terrorize our campus with a bomb or anything. From the looks of things, this kid is young. Fresh out of high school, perhaps. He made a mistake.

Lets not kid ourselves for a vast majority of people, if it wasn't for mistakes, some of you would have never been born.

I am curious on his motive, especially since he appears to have been raised a tiger.

But c'mon folks, this is a kid. Sure he is 18, but don't act like you have never made a mistake before. Only difference is his mistake is magnetized due to the obvious circumstances.

Im not defending the suspect, but Lets be thankful the entire rock wasnt damaged.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possible motive a spoiled kid whose parents treated him...

Jun 28, 2013, 5:02 PM

like an accessory rather than a future adult.

Sorry, but what he did wasn't making a mistake. Underage drinking, thats a mistake. Experimenting with drugs, thats a mistake. TPing a house, that's a mistake. Joyriding in your parent's car when you're a teen, that's a mistake. Vandalizing something like Howard's Rock is just plain old nihilistic criminal behavior.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possible motive a spoiled kid whose parents treated him...

Jun 28, 2013, 5:06 PM

Don't you think you are having a bit of an emotional reaction? I mean you obviously are attached to an inanimate object. You have a Liam Neeson meme attached to your post, that says you will find whoever did it and kill them. Obviously you would never do that and mean it as a humor thing, but don't be a prisoner of the moment.

I don't know him, but neither do you.

No need to give him the death penalty. Move on.

I hope he is stuck cleaning toilets at Taco Bell for life.***

Jun 28, 2013, 5:02 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope he is stuck cleaning toilets at Taco Bell for life.***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:02 PM

That is cruel and unusual punishment (and one of the funniest things I've read tonight)

Re: I hope he is stuck cleaning toilets at Taco Bell for life.***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:25 PM [ in reply to I hope he is stuck cleaning toilets at Taco Bell for life.*** ]

Make him play as Vincent Smith in the reenactment of Jadeveon Clowney's hit without pads.

Re: Suspects motive?

Jun 28, 2013, 5:05 PM

i was sure it a Clemson student that was plastered drunk when a of people do stupid things. however, it seems he was camping w/ his family, which doesn't really allow for him to be out drunk. so he did this sober, which is most disturbing because he knew exactly what he was doing.

I'm praying he was high on bath salts.

Jun 28, 2013, 5:06 PM

It's the only way it makes any sense.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I'm praying he was high on bath salts.

Jun 28, 2013, 9:58 PM

Tiger woods swag.

your entire rock IS damaged***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:01 PM

You are very confused as to what a mistake is

Jun 28, 2013, 10:05 PM

This kind of soft thinking unfortunately afflicts the circuit family courts and other criminal courts and many are let free to do more damage

Re: You are very confused as to what a mistake is

Jun 28, 2013, 10:14 PM

Wow, awfully cynical aren't we? Too bad I believe in humanity.

4 likely motives

1. Drunk
2. Wants a souvenir
3. Stir the CU vs SCU rivalry
4. Impress a girlfriend

Why do people keep saying he's a kid?

I have a twelve year old kid and an eighteen year old son who is now a man. This 18 yo was capable of planning , driving to Death Valley, break into and destroy property on his own ability. He drove away and showed no remorse by coming forward the next day and admitting his involvement . I agree the seriousness of the crime does not equate with bodily harm of another crime but I do feel it is equal to the crime committed at Auburn. Six months in jail seems about right. I expect my 18 year old son to behave like a man and be a role model for my 12 year old son who is a kid. This person is no kid and this was not a mistake. He CHOSE to to commit this crime.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do people keep saying he's a kid?

Jun 28, 2013, 10:20 PM

8 Years ago he was 10 years old. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished like an adult, he should, and he will. It's the law. But you are kidding yourself if you think an 18 year old has the life experience to not make a mistake of this fashion. If your 18 year old did this, you would look at it as a mistake wouldn't you? (Don't take that to personally, this is all friendly debate\argument).

Jun 28, 2013, 10:28 PM

I would figure alcohol might have played a role. Peer pressure, or a dare, from friends. Or in a weird way it might have been some weird thinking that it would be neat to be able to actually rub a piece of then rock for luck when watching on TV. The kid is an idiot who get in to something at the spur of the moment that he never imagined would cause the stir that it has. Nobody died. Of course, listening to some, they are more upset about this than they may have been over deaths in their family. The kid will be punished. Time to get over it and move on.

Jun 28, 2013, 10:31 PM

Thank you, capcit. Thank you for not being a prisoner of the moment.

It's a rock. A rock we love and cherish, indeed. But move on, to some this kid might has well have been Aaron Hernandez.

Re: Re: You are very confused as to what a mistake is

Jun 28, 2013, 10:16 PM

You believe that everyone should forgive you for your mistakes. Maybe one day you will become responsible for yourself too.

Do you have children neontiger?***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:25 PM

Re: Do you have children neontiger?***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:27 PM

I do not, but I'm pretty stoked to see why you asked me that question, because I have no idea how that has any relevance.

But no, I don't have any children. However, I do have a cat named snacks and I am responsible enough to feed him and love him daily! :)

Drunk

Jun 28, 2013, 10:31 PM

Only thing that makes any sense to me is alcohol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No neontiger, if my son did this, he broke the law

Jun 28, 2013, 10:33 PM

But neon, my son is starting the honors college at FSU medical school. So yes the next 6 years he will be in Tallahassee getting his BS and MD . So I think he knows what's on line . I hope getting accepted to med school directly from high school shows that some 18 year olds are smart enough to not make these kind of " mistakes". . What do you think neon?

Re: No neontiger, if my son did this, he broke the law

Jun 28, 2013, 10:40 PM

Ummm your example wasn't really that good of an argument, example, whatever you were trying to do there. But I'm glad your son is going to med school, and sounds like he has a lot of promise. I'm sure he wouldn't go do any vandalism stunts like the suspect.

Actually can you kind of clarify what you are saying? I guess 18 years old that get into med school are perfect?

I have 5 children and I would never be stupid enough to

Jun 28, 2013, 11:47 PM [ in reply to No neontiger, if my son did this, he broke the law ]

say that my children will never make mistakes. You hope and pray that they don't but to say for certain is just plain foolish. BTW 4 have finished college but that doesn't ensure not doing something stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2013, 10:37 PM

"Only difference is his mistake is MAGNETIZED due to the obvious circumstances." So the kid takes a chip off of our rock and suddenly he's a magnet? Very strange times in Clemson indeed...

Crump <3 $EC

Jun 28, 2013, 10:38 PM

Like some others, I'm getting mighty tired of hearing how this guy is just a kid and is young. When he turned 18 he became a man. I served with plenty of people who were 18 when I was in the military and every single one of them understood responsibility and accountability, and knew there were repercussions for their actions. He made a conscious decision to do what he did, now he has to pay the piper. Cutting him some slack will only ensure he doesn't learn the lesson about responsibility that he is currently lacking.

Now I'm not advocating people go and physically harass him or anything, but he deserves to sweat it out for a while and face whatever slap on the wrist the criminal justice system has in store for him. I don't feel bad for him that he is going through a rough time right now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2013, 10:42 PM

good grief - people are going to continue to forgive this kid - no matter what. Yes - he made a huge mistake, and he is going to have to pay.

For him and his family - I suggest he leave the entire southeast area of the USA - and move to somewhere that doesn't know CLEMSON from Georgia Southern (yeah - there are plenty of places like that). That way - we can move on - and they can too. If they stay in CLEMSON land - they're going to pay, and pay, and pay, and ... well you get it. Until they die. 40 years from now - they will still hear about it. It's OUR ROCK - not that punkazz little brat's. So screw the whole family for having a little turd like that. They raised a brat. He needs to have some beatdown unless he gets his sorry ### out of our area.

So defend him for all you wish - there are plenty of people like me that take serious offense to what he did. You step on my AMERICAN flag - and see what the crap happens. You mess with our ROCK - and something similar will happen. LEAVE OUR ROCK ALONE!!

Jun 28, 2013, 10:45 PM

Nobody is defending him or his actions in anyway, streaking tiger.

I'm sorry you are so emotionally invested in an inanimate object. Enough to exile someone from the southeastern United States.

Neon, since you are only 19 yo yourself...

Jun 28, 2013, 10:47 PM

And a sophomore , by using your own logic, maybe everything you do or say is just a "mistake". We adults will just forgive you as a "kid" for speaking up when you don't have any life knowledge . Now go to bed "kid", its past your bedtime.

Re: Neon, since you are only 19 yo yourself...

Jun 28, 2013, 8:54 AM

What you just said was unwarranted, and I'm older than 19, good sir.

Btw your logic blows.

Captain moralist/Responsibilty zealot!

Jun 28, 2013, 11:08 PM

Point for "Captain moralist/Responsibilty zealot!"! :)

Jun 28, 2013, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Neon, since you are only 19 yo yourself... ]

And I'm a junior. SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, (mike gundy voice)

Jun 29, 2013, 12:07 AM

I think neon tiger is micah...lets get him!!!!!!

Crump <3 $EC

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic