Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Trevor misses two games and he's no longer the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

So Trevor misses two games and he's no longer the

Nov 2, 2020, 6:37 PM

favorite to win the heismann. I can see Jones passng him. He has had a great year and missed no games, but has only played two game. At the end of the season. Lawrence, with two missed games will still have played pmore games than Ohio State.

Ohio State will not play anyone good all year.
Nebraska is terrible
Penn State lost to Indiana
Michigan,, the only decent game on their seven game schedule, lost to Mich State of Rutgers defeat.

Our win over Miami is already a bigger win than they will have on their full schedule.

Bama is just Bama. I can''t say how disappointed I am. I wa thinking they'd skip a beat with Jones at qb, but he appears to be another Burrow. Heck, he throws more than any Bama qb has. It sucks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Positive may be.....

Nov 2, 2020, 7:01 PM

Good-bye Jets!!!

Re: Positive may be.....

Nov 2, 2020, 7:14 PM

Exactly! Perhaps the Jets fall for it and take Fields that way Trevor can go to an organization that isn't a total dumpster fire!

The Heisman has become such a "politics" thing! More beauty pageant than anything else! Of course, I know some people will say, "sour grapes"! But, look back and it and you see a pattern of "whoever gets the most hype wins"! Not always better stats - more hype! Not always more wins - more hype!
Big 10 and SEC superiority gets spewed undercover weekly. Sometimes outright! When in the last 20 years the ACC currently has "almost as many DIFFERENT TEAMS who have played for a National Title as the SEC and way more than the Big 10"! Fact.
VT played for it- 2000 ( was Big East then sure )
Miami won it in 2001.
Miami lost on some b.s. pass interference call in 2002.
FSU played for it a couple times and won it.
FSU in 2013 won it
Clemson played for it in 2015. ( I swear had we had a healthy Mike Williams we win back to back).
Clemson won it in 2016
Clemson won it in 2018.
Clemson played for it in 2019.

Only Ohio State has been in the running in the Big 10 since 2000. Yet their teams and players get "more hype"!
The SEC deserves a lot of the attention. All jokes aside - I will give them that! But, it's no gauntlet year in and year out. TN and Vanderbilt says hi. Most years before recently so did UK and Miss St. It plays out often in bowl season with the SEC apologist claiming the SEC team wasn't motivated.

It's a hype award and if TL16 is hyped up enough it won't happen. But, whatever man! Be willing to bet he would give up the Heisman for a National Title!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Trevor misses two games and he's no longer the

Nov 2, 2020, 7:18 PM

Your trolls get worse every day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 8:31 PM

It is a shame, in past years it's been won in Sept & Oct. It lost its luster for me many years ago, when they started overlooking a lack of sportsmanship or even just 'decent' citizenship.

I'm not sure any Clemson player will ever win it. Dabo, rightly doesn't leave starters in late in games to inflate numbers. What numbers would ETN have if he didn't have to share the rock for 4 years. Our players, and us fans, prefer championships.

Nov 2, 2020, 9:34 PM

It is a shame, in past years it's been won in Sept & Oct. It lost its luster for me many years ago, when they started overlooking a lack of sportsmanship or even just 'decent' citizenship.

I'm not sure any Clemson player will ever win it. Dabo, rightly doesn't leave starters in late in games to inflate numbers. What numbers would ETN have if he didn't have to share the rock for 4 years. Our players, and us fans, prefer championships.

Well said! I agree with how you said it in full.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 9:23 PM

I wonder if Wisc will even get to the requird # of games. Thy have a lot of positives there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic