Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Police report: Pender refused to get in police car until....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 5,514

Police report: Pender refused to get in police car until....

May 8, 2016, 6:25 PM

Jimbo arrived.

A day after Mario Pender was dismissed by the Florida State program, the details regarding his arrest this weekend have started to become reported. Pender was charged with resisting an officer without violence along with his domestic battery charge, and he reportedly refused to get in a police vehicle until Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher arrive don the scene.

The Tallahassee Democrat provided the initial details of the Pender incident, some of which were pretty harsh with regard to the domestic battery charge. Per the police report, Tallahassee police responded to a call about an argument about half a mile from Doak Campbell Stadium. The man, alleged to be Pender, was witnessed dragging a woman by her hair outside a house. The caller to 911 suggested this was not the first time an incident like this had happened, although there is no evidence to suggest one way or the other how valid that claim is at this time.

An officer responding on the scene pushed a door down after hearing yelling from inside the house, where he found Pender “straddling the woman with his hands around her neck.” As the sequence of events continued, Pender later refused to get in a police car until his head coach, Jimbo Fisher, made an appearance on the scene.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Police report: Pender refused to get in police car until....

May 8, 2016, 7:56 PM

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/05/08/pender-accused-choking-woman-dragging-her-hair/84108860/

Miss understood....

May 8, 2016, 8:15 PM

Boys will be boys
He's turned his life around since
###spurriercouldexplaininonebreath

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miss understood....

May 8, 2016, 8:34 PM

This sorry punk better be glad that he does not reside in Chicago. Refusing to follow police orders is a deadly mistake there.

Cold...Harsh...True...not sure how I should respond -

May 8, 2016, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Miss understood.... ]

started to chuckle - then got a little sick.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2016, 8:42 PM

Jimbo knew since Pender was not a major contributor he was going make a "tough love" example of him and boot him immediately. BTW, I live like two minutes from Island Coast High in Cape Coral, FL where Mario played prep football. Rumors always followed him even in HS, not a good person even back then.

May 9, 2016, 7:14 AM

He needs major help a very bad situation.God deliver that young man.

Wny didn't the cop force the piece of trash into car?

May 9, 2016, 8:20 AM

Cop witnesses the guy strangling a female but has to get coach to scene to,help talk him into the police car. What a wimp

May 9, 2016, 10:32 AM

As I said before about a ugay player getting arrested. "Some things never change". That shoe fits at fswho, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2016, 11:49 AM

someone please make sure all the media outlets receive the news that in this case, he was not:

shot
tazed
maced
strangled

for disobeying an officer. i wonder if he was even in cuffs? honestly, that officer will probably have to answer for allowing the perp to stand outside the car and wait on Jimbo to get there.

May 9, 2016, 1:24 PM

Pender would get somewhat different treatment anywhere that isn't Tallahassee. Anywhere else, procedure would have mandated he been tased, if he was flat-out resisting arrest. I guess the Tally police manual has a somewhat different procedure when it comes to arresting players.

Regardless, the new FSU prez and the BOT were apparently very taken aback by the latest round of domestic badness and apparently were cued that FSU could be found in violation of Title IX. At that point it's not just bad press and pub, it's their federal funding. So I had heard that Jimbo had gotten read the Riot Act - clean it up, like, right now, or it doesn't matter how much you win, you are gone, Jimbo.

How strictly they would have stuck to their new mandate to Just Stop Punching The Womenz if Pender had been a key starter, I wonder. But Pender standing there and expecting Jimbo to come and bail him out...wow. Pretty indicative, if that's how football players think it works there. Especially if it was working that way.

Cops are not supposed to work for football coaches.

FSU owns TPD

May 9, 2016, 10:39 PM

I think everyone knows that. They are as corrupt as corrupt gets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU owns TPD

May 10, 2016, 8:14 AM

Yea they even have Semi-hole logos on their patrol vehicles.

Replies: 12
| visibility 5,514
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic