Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commentary: Bowden Seemingly Relaxed As Pivotal Ninth Season Unfolds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Aug 8, 2007, 12:51 PM

Clemson coach has met "hot seat" talk head on, while never losing his sense of humor. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There will be a 10th and an 11th and a 12th........

Aug 8, 2007, 1:18 PM

Tommy will git'r done. Clemson football will be special again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I agree***

Aug 8, 2007, 1:37 PM

Unbelievable. ******

Aug 8, 2007, 2:04 PM

null

And by that, I mean unbelievable to read yet another...

Aug 8, 2007, 2:55 PM

...article referencing the fabled Hot Seat.

Of course, this article accepts it as fact based on all the other unsubstantiated articles written on the topic. I do like how this one goes further to express surprise that CTB isn't more worried about the Hot Seat that the media has fabricated. It's almost like he talks to the administration and boosters, has seen his recruiting classes, the numbers around season ticket sales and IPTAY contributions, and the improvements to the facilities.

Weird.

null

It's called...Praticing what he preaches..

Aug 8, 2007, 2:19 PM

He knows who is in control. Its a wonderful thing really.

Re: It's called...Praticing what he preaches..

Aug 9, 2007, 9:28 AM

Amen Brother!!!! There is peace through Christ that surpasses all understanding and Tommy continues to witness to God's Glory. This is no typical blog writing fairy tale-- THIS IS THE TRUTH. My prayer is that CTB continues to be used by our Father and more lives are changed for eternity, not just Saturday afternoons. Praise God and GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if Writer Dan........

Aug 8, 2007, 2:26 PM

..really believes what he wrote in this article? I mean really, deep down inside, despite what he wrote, I wonder if he thinks that deep down inside Tommy Bowden is secretly worrying about whether or not he'll be back for a 10th year?

OR maybe Writer Dan really believes what he wrote. Course, if Writer Dan believes what he wrote, maybe Caoch Bowden believes what he said. Maybe Coach Bowden isn't worried or bothered at all.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Dungy - again - the parallels are eerily similar . . .

Aug 8, 2007, 2:47 PM

same kinda incessant badgering here in Tampa his last coupla years - also calm, cool, collected, relaxed, higher calling type of responses from Dungy.

A certain vocal group said "See - he doesn't even WORRY about losing his job. He sucks and will NEVER get us over the hump."

Fast forward to now . . . . who would you rather be - the Bucs (possibly headed towards being the Yucs, again) or the Colts ? ? ? ?

No Gruden, No Super Bowl win. Plus, the Bucs have had a

Aug 8, 2007, 3:35 PM

lot of bad luck with injuries and QB issues since they won the Super Bowl.

They are also an old team trying to re-build, which Dungy would be dealing with if he were still there! That team was aging and the pressure was on them to win a Super Bowl SOON!

Dungy is a great defensive coach, but terrible with offense. Tampa needed a better "O", which Gruden helped. Indy already had a great "O" but no "D", which Dungy turned around. And don't forget, people were questioning if Dungy was ever going to get it done in Indy as well! Those questions were always legitimate!

Since Indy won the Super Bowl, look how many guys have gone to other teams, bad teams, for huge contracts. Plus the guys that retired after winning the Super Bowl. This all happened at Tampa as well.

I'm sure everyone in the Tampa area will gladly trade the Super Bowl for a few bad years and rebuilding.

TOTALLY disagree - No Gruden, No Super Bowl - How are

Aug 9, 2007, 11:06 AM

you gonna back that up ?

Dungy has proven he can win a Super Bowl his way. A brutal call / no call in the endzone his last year here kept him from proving his way works.

Gruden inherited ALL of Dungy's work and waltzed to the Super Bowl.

There is no way you can say and prove that Dungy would have gone from the penthouse to the outhouse like Gruden has. Part of the reason is the cost it took to get Gruden. The Bucs have tried young and build, aging and experienced and none of it has worked. The Pats have won tons of Super Bowls and had players leave for big, fat paydays and all they do is keep winning. So will the Colts, in my opinion.

The cost of letting CTB go would be similarly enormous for a much smaller budgeted Clemson. Would take YEARS to recover from.

Devastating injuries doesn't hold water with the vocal crowd of TNet, so I can similarly blow off the Bucs injuries ? "Great teams overcome injuries, bad refs, etc." And injuries to who ? - a marginal starting QB in Sims, a shoulder to Cadillac (who is running behind a pathetic line anyways), who else ? ? ?

And he is on the verge - by the 2008 season, I suggest, of REALLY doing great things.

Re: Tony Dungy - again - the parallels are eerily similar . . .

Aug 9, 2007, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Tony Dungy - again - the parallels are eerily similar . . . ]

............as mentioned above, Tony and Tommy share peace in the same merciful, gracious God......"the parallels are eerily similar" not really, they are exactly the same! Go God!

Point ! The "eerily" part I was talking about was the vocal

Aug 9, 2007, 11:10 AM

crowd of TNet calling for his head and if it goes like Dungy here at the Bucs - - I feel a HUGE mistake ! ! !

WAY too expensive, and CTB IS the guy for the job.

And I agree - - people who pursue righteousness in the name of our Lord will be rewarded beyond their wildest imaginations . . . it just happens in God's time and in God's way. (See Also: Dungy, Tony)

Re: Point ! The "eerily" part I was talking about was the vocal

Aug 9, 2007, 1:10 PM

Amen and thanks for clarifying
I just love to talk about our Lord any chance I get
Have a great day!

I doubt God gives a #### about football.

Aug 9, 2007, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Tony Dungy - again - the parallels are eerily similar . . . ]

Coaches win because they can coach. They make the right play calls, recruit and assemble a good team, keep players focused, etc. Not because of their religion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic