Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Seniors
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,926

Plyler's Blog: Seniors

Jul 17, 2014, 11:44 AM

Seniors

Seniors
I have gone back and forth on the importance of leadership and senior leadership.

I have had some of the best coaches I have ever known tell me it is as important as any aspect of your program.  Most of the time I buy into the idea that the intangibles like leadership, chemistry a

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Senior leaders ...

Jul 17, 2014, 11:58 AM

There are all sorts of reasons why one might rise to a position of leadership, and chronological age might not be chief among them.

By simple definition, leaders must have followers.

By the time he was a senior, Tajh Boyd had evolved into the leader of the Clemson football team. But, if it has anything to do with age and experience, then how does a Johnny Manziel become the undisputed leader of his team as a freshman?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2014, 1:58 PM

how many seniors do we have this year?

Jul 18, 2014, 4:26 PM

We have 19 seniors this year not counting Peake. 10 of whom are RS Srs. We also have 15 juniors, 10 of whom are RS Jrs. That's a lot of upperclassmen and a lot of leaders. I agree that leaders aren't determined purely by chronological age, but in the case of college sports in general and football in particular, it helps quite a bit.

First, this is an age where a lot of maturity occurs, 18-23. Think back and remember how much you grew up during those 4-5 years. Kids can recognize maturity and it will be attractive to them. Knowledge is another source of leadership. If an older player knows things that the younger players don't, they'll listen.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Seniors

Jul 17, 2014, 2:03 PM

By dern it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,926
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic