Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: RB Roles Defined
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,034

Plyler's Blog: RB Roles Defined

Mar 2, 2016, 9:26 AM

RB Roles Defined

RB Roles Defined
I am a big Tony Elliott fan. He is one of the brightest coaches I have e

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: RB Roles Defined

Mar 2, 2016, 9:39 AM

I hope Adam comes back stronger than ever, and I hope the others add the quality depth we need. I Hope that Feaster gets rehabbed and completely whole, as well. I do believe he is the real future of this offense run game, and he will be a double threat, because he can catch it, too. Very excited about our future. I see us being very good for a very long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mentioned Feaster competing right away..

Mar 3, 2016, 3:10 PM

I will be interested to see how well he recovers from shoulder surgery. Between that and the big step up in competition, I wonder how much he will play this year.

Re: Plyler's Blog: RB Roles Defined

Mar 3, 2016, 5:56 PM

> > cellspacing=0>
> href=/view/blog/plyler.do?id=14632
> class="newstitle">RB Roles Defined

> class=newsbody> RB Roles Defined
> I am a big > data-tipped-options="ajax: { data: { type: 'Coach',
> sport: 'Football', playerId: '10' } }">> class="profile_tip"
> href="/clemson-football/coach/Tony-Elliott-10">Tony
> Elliott
fan. He is one of the brightest
> coaches I have e > href=/view/blog/plyler.do?id=14632>

> class=fullstory>Full Story
> »

One thing I've noticed about certain injuries - ACL's, MCL's, back injuries, ruptured Achilles - is that they tend to leave guys a hollowed-out shell of what they were. The explosion just isn't there, the pop just isn't there, the incisiveness they used to have isn't there.

ACL's usually seem to take 2 years or more. Deshaun Watson was kind of an exception - he was really "back" after what amounted to 9 months - but he did spend more than the first half of the season being kind of...careful, with the knee. It wasn't until the last few games I really thought his running was back close to 100% - I still thought he was being just a little careful and deliberate with it at times - and as a QB, especially a really good passing QB, Watson's main weapon is and always will be his arm anyhow. He's a better QB when he runs, but he doesn't actually have to run.

As for other positions, they really need to be able to run really fast and cut really hard...and that doesn't usually come back in a single season after those kind of major injuries. Charone Peake tore his ACL in 2013 and was never right in 2014...he had flashes when he looked OK, but for the most part he looked...well, really limited. It really wasn't until the last few games of 2015 I really thought Peake was starting to impose himself and play with the confidence of a true impact guy. Travis Blanks, after two ACL tears, never really was close to where he had been.

The reason I mention this is because Choice tore an ACL, and after an Achilles and a major back injury, I don't think we've ever seen the "real" Tyshon Dye here at Clemson. Those guys were both upper-tier 4-stars per most of the recruiting services, impact guys who could have written their tickets to almost anywhere in the country...but both took the kind of debilitating injuries that make it hard to assess their actual quality as football players.

Choice, I am certain, was almost certainly legit. He showed real flashes before he tore his ACL as a true freshman in 2014. I've never seen the Tyshon Dye that Georgia HS coaches and fans still rave about to this day, but I'd very much like to.

For all we know, these guys could have been Travis Henry. It's hard to know, when they've been carrying injuries like the ones they've had. We certainly have seen the best of neither player.

I'd love to see at least one of these guys healthy. Not just "medically cleared to play", but actually, you know, healthy. Be a big, big boost, for our offense.

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,034
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic