Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Practice Observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,228

Plyler's Blog: Practice Observations

Aug 7, 2014, 10:04 AM

Practice Observations

Practice Observations
Yesterday I got a chance to go to practice for the second time in six days, and even though both were limited I did come away with several observations.

This is another big, physical football team. Over the past two seasons Clemson has stood toe to toe with physical

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Practice Observations

Aug 7, 2014, 12:57 PM

Next time you take a few days off could you play ESPN Upstate Instead of CBS Sports please.I noticed alot of your loyal callers are calling in there now.

One concern I have is, do you take a chance and risk injury

Aug 7, 2014, 4:20 PM

to your best and one and only cover corner by having him return punts. To me, its too much risk for too little reward. Returning a punt for a TD is too difficult, but its real easy to get injured while running them back.

Put a guy back there who can make all the catches with no turnovers and get you 5 yrds or so.

If we had depth at CB it might be different. But if Mac gets hurt, who is there? Martin Jenkins is there. But then there is no depth at all behind him and Tanks.

Re: One concern I have is, do you take a chance and risk injury

Aug 9, 2014, 10:25 AM

I think the most important thing for a punt returned is to catch the ball even if most are fair catches! I hated watching CJ and Jacoby let it bounce on the ground for another 10 to 15 yds.... when they caught it they were awesome though! :) Surprised the bill do not have CJ returning kicks, I think that is a mistake.
I would not risk McKensie in the UGa game but when Jenkins is back I think we should put the best returner we have in that spot when we play FSU. I would use 3 or 4 different ones in the SCSt game to see how they are in a real game.

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,228
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic