Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
They're right, Clemson played a weak schedule that allows less injuries & more players to play.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

They're right, Clemson played a weak schedule that allows less injuries & more players to play.

Dec 20, 2019, 4:44 PM

But, that's the way the cookie crumbles in scheduling at times and I'll take it.

Same & truthful story line last year in Natty games & Tiger Team took care of business by 27 & 28 point wins.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus we’ve obviously gotten better at hiding Osterine use.***

Dec 20, 2019, 4:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Plus we’ve obviously gotten better at hiding Osterine use.***

Dec 20, 2019, 4:54 PM

I really wish we had cycled out a long time ago!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson would have done the EXACT same thing

Dec 20, 2019, 4:58 PM

with Ohio State's schedule

4 bench clearing games
4 games playing 60-70 guys
4 games playing 50-60 guys

Anyone saying otherwise is just pimping the BIG10

https://fbschedules.com/ohio-state-football-schedule/

Re: They're right, Clemson played a weak schedule that allows less injuries & more players to play.

Dec 20, 2019, 6:10 PM

everyone is weak when you're the best

Re: They're right, Clemson played a weak schedule that allows less injuries & more players to play.

Dec 20, 2019, 6:19 PM

Exactly!

And, I also agree! Had Clemson played Ohio State's schedule it would have been much similar results! Except we would not have struggled a bit with Penn State or Wisconsin. No one dimensional teams are going to beat the Tigers with BV as DC.

Clemson having a weak schedule supposedly has nothing to do with where a lot of injuries happen. "Non-Contact Injuries" are probably 50% of all injuries in football or higher!

Our training staff has done a fantastic job of getting the players conditioned. The players have done a good job of working their tails off to prepare for a long season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. It’s not the schedule it’s us and the depth we have.***

Dec 20, 2019, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: They're right, Clemson played a weak schedule that allows less injuries & more players to play. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2019, 6:55 PM

Maybe after this years playoff teams will be more of a challenge. The 2 last year was,well, nobody special.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven’t done the required research on this

Dec 20, 2019, 7:15 PM

But as I recall, in the sixtys our Tigers played a lot of road games with more powerful teams like Bama, Georgia, Georgia Tech( yes they once were powerful) Auburn and into the seventies they added oklahoma and Southern Cal. And more recently Tennessee and TCU and Kentucky and a few others who were good opponents. Of course they played Usuck and they were better in those days. Florida State got on the list before they became an ACC team I believe so the Tigers have no history of a “weak schedule”. As of late the schedule seems weak to many but in reality it really isn’t. The Tigers have paid the price over the years and now they are reaping the benefits of becoming an established football program. Not many of these teams I have mentioned would be excited about Playing in Clemson now. Call Southern California and see if they are willing to come to the valley and play! Or Tennessee or Oklahoma or Rice or TCU or you name it! It ain’t gonna happen. A lot riding on the game in Arizona and coach Dabo knows it. And the team is getting the message every day.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic