Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ACC has 20 Players selected In first three rounds of NFL Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

FB Update: ACC has 20 Players selected In first three rounds of NFL Draft

May 2, 2015, 10:42 AM

ACC has 20 Players selected In first three rounds of NFL Draft

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU's talent is noteworthy and ...

May 2, 2015, 12:09 PM

Miami and Louisville are also very talented.

Some folks on this Board over estimate Clemson's talent in comparison.

The NFL draft is the most objective measuring stick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU lost a DE, DT and both starting cornerbacks.

May 2, 2015, 1:28 PM

Mike Williams, Artavis Scott, Charone Peake, Germone Hopper, Deon Cain and Ray Ray McCloud will be curious to find out if the backups are as good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talent wise we are 2 years behind them. We will pass them

May 2, 2015, 2:21 PM

within 3 years because of our facilities. FSU's facilities are not near ours.

Re: Talent wise we are 2 years behind them. We will pass them

May 2, 2015, 5:26 PM

Plus they are claiming dire financial difficulties!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus they are claiming dire financial difficulties!!!

May 2, 2015, 5:32 PM

Are they still claiming that ? I know 2 years ago they were crying wanting a bigger slice of ACC $$$. But id they are still short after winning a National championship, a Heisman and then the next year going to the play off, someone should be fired.

I don't believe we are no longer behind them talent wise either. Jimbo doesn't coach his recruits up, he coaches to the talent level of his recruits, they don't improve under his guidance.

Re: Talent wise we are 2 years behind them. We will pass them

May 2, 2015, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Talent wise we are 2 years behind them. We will pass them ]

next thing you know, the fsu AD will be seen running thru Publix"s. or standing on a table and begging for money

Re: FSU's talent is noteworthy and ...

May 2, 2015, 2:32 PM [ in reply to FSU's talent is noteworthy and ... ]

> Miami and Louisville are also very talented.
>
> Some folks on this Board over estimate Clemson's
> talent in comparison.
>
> The NFL draft is the most objective measuring stick.

Usually I agree.

The problem with this statement is that it absolutely flies in the face of the reality we've witnessed on the field the last two years. Clemson's D has had just three players drafted thus far...two in the first, and they're trying to tell us that Grady Jarrett - who never got blocked in college, and by guys who were going in the first 2-3 rounds - is a fifth-rounder.

Bull.

Jarrett absolutely abused almost every guard and center in the ACC whose name we've heard called. Some NFL scouts seriously need themselves a new set of glasses. We know Jarrett isn't just kinda-sorta a better player than those guys. We know he's WAY better. We know this, because with our own eyes, we personally witnessed Jarrett dominate those guys...not just beat them, not just get the better of them, but abuse them so badly they undoubtedly went back into their locker rooms and had themselves a good cry. They aren't magically going to get better than Jarrett just because they're playing for a paycheck.

Dunno why nobody's called Robert Smith, Corey Crawford, or Tony Steward's name yet either. Yes, yes, I know Steward's injury history is a concern...but man, when you're picking in the 5th-6th round, and there's a guy with 1st-2nd-round talent there, you take that risk.

Again, Clemson had the #1-ranked defense in college football - almost twenty yards-per-game better than the next-closest defense in the country - for a reason. And it wasn't because we had a couple of first-rounders and some palookas. We were good players 1-11...and almost that good players 12-22 behind that.

May 2, 2015, 2:35 PM

crawford's 17 bench reps at the combine cost him dearly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2015, 11:23 AM

It didn't hurt Dante Fowler Jr. He only did 19. That still infuriates me. The media would step on Vic Beasley just to get to Fowler Jr. It's ok. Vic, Grady, and the rest will show them by playing with that chip on their shoulders

Offensive players Clemson compared to FSU?

May 2, 2015, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU's talent is noteworthy and ... ]

Noles have had a lot of depth both sides of the ball over last three years.

I like our guys - we were really good on defense and we continue to have great skill players on offense. But how many OL guys drafted compared to FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ACC has 20 Players selected In first three rounds of NFL Draft

May 2, 2015, 5:20 PM

I am very happy that Vic and Anthony both have been drafted in the First round, and both of them are well deserving of their picks. But as happy as I am for Beasley and Anthony, I'm just as sad and hurt for Grady. Grady has been an exceptional player, leader, and the pillar of our D-line. He has brought great pressure on every snap creating havoc in our opponents back field, flushing QB's causing confusion and forcing mistakes. Grady's dedication to the game and our defense was a great help for a lot of Vic's success bc of the pressure and confusion that Grady forced on offenses.

It really sucks that NFL teams will reject a college player bc of their measurements even if they have had an extraordinary full college career. And one that played most of the season with a torn bicep or tricep and never complain or sat out of a game bc of it. And they will take a player with a lesser career at the same position, but they are 6'5". I'm sure they have have turned away a many of good players bc they didn't fit their strict height preferences they have written in stone, and they're not able to see over or around their height issues to see or notice a really very solid special talented player as a Grady Jarrett!!! I'm sure the NFL has missed out on a lot of Grady Jarrett's that could have been Pro Bowlers. But they miss out on those talents bc of a few inches that if they had opened their eyes and looked beyond their height, they could have saved a lot of yards from being gained by having an interior lineman like Grady Jarrett that works extra hard that covers the lack of a few inches. The actual truth is, that most NFL owners and GM's if not all of them, they can not see the forest For the trees!!! IMO, there isn't a better fitting explanation for their actions.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-do-people-mean-when-they-say-someone-cant-see-the-forest-for-the-trees.htm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NFL always puts too much stock in combine measurements

May 4, 2015, 11:36 AM

and too little in playing ability.

Anybody who watched EJ Manuel play would never have drafted him.

Why they think height matters for an interior lineman is beyond me, low man wins the leverage game everyday. Grady is awesome, and the Falcons just got the steal of the draft, imo.

The Panthers are also guilty, trading up for Funchess, and physical specimen at WR that can't catch a cold. He's a career underachiever. But he's tall!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic