Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Not Sunshine, T-Law, or William. Just call me Trevor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Not Sunshine, T-Law, or William. Just call me Trevor

Sep 3, 2018, 4:39 PM

Trevor Lawrence: Not Sunshine, T-Law, or William. Just call me Trevor

While professors call him ‘William’ and fans and teammates have given him the nickname ‘Sunshine,’ there’s only one name Clemson’s freshman phenom will answer to. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cant blame him because sunshine

Sep 3, 2018, 5:11 PM

if based off the movie is code for gay..that is why they called the guy in remember the titans sunshine because they thought he was that way

Plus the QB In the movie who was called sunshine

Sep 3, 2018, 8:56 PM

Went and played for the coots so yeah we should stop calling him sunshine

Re: cant blame him because sunshine

Sep 3, 2018, 9:43 PM [ in reply to cant blame him because sunshine ]

Man I am a dummy sometimes, I always thought it was because he was from California or something lol. Was pretty young when I watched the movie Guess it went right over my head.

Also not a fan of the nickname either for no particular reason.

Re: cant blame him because sunshine

Sep 3, 2018, 9:47 PM

You are correct

in the film they alluded to

Sep 3, 2018, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: cant blame him because sunshine ]

a few of the players on the team wanting to know if he was gay or not

a few clips...

Sep 3, 2018, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: cant blame him because sunshine ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=z-njlyoqCHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=Hg5rH_-60b4

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Not Sunshine, T-Law, or William. Just call me Trevor

Sep 3, 2018, 5:58 PM

It's easy to forget this guy is still a kid because he is so mature mentally and physically. I hope all Tiger fans can show him some respect and follow his wishes on this.

The fans who insist that everyone have a nickname aren’t going to like this.

Sep 3, 2018, 6:02 PM

I am personally happy calling him Trevor. Everyone doesn’t need a nickname.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 3, 2018, 6:49 PM

The only thing i saw bad that T Law did was stare down his target, thats not gonna work with FBS schools. Other than that he did good for his 1st game

Who is T-Law?

Sep 4, 2018, 12:07 AM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Trevor

Sep 4, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Not Sunshine, T-Law, or William. Just call me Trevor ]

Those first few throws were 100 mph too but after he got settled in he slowed the cannon down a little bit. I think he did really good for it being his first game. I didn’t realize he got 5 drives and and the team scored 31 points on those drives. It will be interesting to see how things go this week at A&M. Hopefully everyone plays great and there won’t be any boat rocking this weekend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL be like.....

Sep 3, 2018, 6:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

NO NO NO

Sep 3, 2018, 7:26 PM

You don't get to pick your own nickname!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NO NO NO

Sep 3, 2018, 7:33 PM

But he has the right of whether he accepts it or not. Like when someone calls him sunshine, just totally ignore them as if they wasn't in the same zip code as he is in!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely!

Sep 3, 2018, 7:38 PM

I don't respond to half of my nicknames!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like having a two QB O

Sep 3, 2018, 7:32 PM

We know KB can get us through the regular season. Add in Trevor and we get the best of both.

I’d rather have a 100% healthy KB with Trevor having lots of game experience going into the playoffs, than what we had last year.

Re: I like having a two QB O

Sep 3, 2018, 8:28 PM

I’m not sure that’s true this year. Too much film on him now. Almost like a pitcher going through the order multiple times.

That and we have a tough regular season. We got some games this year. Much improved from last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 9:50 PM

We have the easiest schedule we’ve had in years Dang bro

I like having a two QB O

Sep 3, 2018, 7:32 PM

We know KB can get us through the regular season. Add in Trevor and we get the best of both.

I’d rather have a 100% healthy KB with Trevor having lots of game experience going into the playoffs, than what we had last year.

Sep 4, 2018, 11:31 AM

The best thing about this is he gets to get a grip on the college game without all the pressure. There is probably more pressure on KB than TL. Plus the opposing team has to prepare for two entirely different QBs.

Sep 3, 2018, 8:23 PM

I’m just glad that everyone else is getting an insight and to know Trevor. Theirs no I in Trevor, unlike a lot of highly rated players. Especially QB’s. And I hope people really will respect his wishes. I’m sure within the team they have their names and that’s between them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 9:49 PM

So true and it’s such an underrated and hard to find asset nowadays. Most the time it’s not the kids fault either, they have been treated like rock stars from an early age.

Dabo at the all in recruiting wrap-up said Trevor was the most low maintenance recruit he’s every recruited. Pretty impressive coming from #1 overall recruit.

Demeanor

Sep 4, 2018, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Not Sunshine, T-Law, or William. Just call me Trevor ]

I really like everything he had to say in the interviews they have talked to him. He seemed very humble with saying he didn’t have a great game with some things to work on, gave full credit to the team, also gave credit to Kelly. He is leaving everything up to the coaches as he should and isn’t trying to create any waves. Can’t wait to see how this season plays out. Hopefully it ends with a win on the 7th of January in Cali.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

30-06

Sep 3, 2018, 9:23 PM

Mr 30-06

null

Re: 30-06

Sep 3, 2018, 9:30 PM

That would offend the turtles ??

It's Tarzan

Sep 3, 2018, 9:40 PM

We should all do the Tarzan yell every time he throws a TD pass.

Re: It's Tarzan

Sep 3, 2018, 10:35 PM

Tarzan...Fabio or Sampson. I like Tarzan!!! Doesn’t really matter what we call him .....if he keeps slinging the rock we’ll call him David !! Go Tigers

It does matter

Sep 4, 2018, 12:06 AM

Did you read the article? It's TREVOR!
??
GO TIGERS AND TIGER NATION!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Sep 3, 2018, 10:43 PM

Trevor it is. My daughter's name is Mary Grace, and she's gone through school with her teachers calling her simply "Mary", assuming her middle name is "Grace" - which actually, it is - but her name, given by my wife and I (of course), is "Mary Grace", a name by which her own brother and sister refer to her as. She has always had/(has) to correct people on her proper "name". Texting-wise, it is often simply, "MG", but you get my point - "TL" is Trevor.

Go Tigers!!!

Really glad he brought this up. 'Sunshine' is

Sep 4, 2018, 9:00 AM

stupid and the first letter of first name/first 3 letters of last name thing has gotten really annoying, too. He's too good a player and too humble a young man to have a silly nickname stuck on him. Thank goodness he doesn't have Jr, II, IV, XI, or some such on his name, too. Another much overplayed, 'look at me' nonsense trend. Nobody is going to mistake you for your father, grandfather, or great grandmother once removed.

TREVOR it is, Sir!!!***

Sep 4, 2018, 9:14 AM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic