Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pls explain the football operations building to me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Pls explain the football operations building to me

Oct 29, 2013, 3:45 PM

we just get moved into the WestZone and now we are wanting to move weight rooms and offices over to the area by the practice fields? what is up with that? And we're going to redo the locker room?

So we have so much money now we are just looking for ways to spend it?

Yet we supposedly dont get as much from tv as the SEC. What am I missing?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pls explain the football operations building to me

Oct 29, 2013, 4:06 PM

It is a strategic move designed to let the coaches observe summer workouts. Multiple schools have located their practice fields and football offices in such a way that they can do this. That is why the coaches support the move.

Saving time not shuttling players from the locker rooms to the practice is certainly a benefit also and the public reason for doing this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so much of what we spent on the WEZ was a waste of $ then.***

Oct 29, 2013, 4:32 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

at least as far as the football offices and whatnot are

Oct 29, 2013, 4:36 PM

concerned. seems pretty stupid to put non-football athletic offices in the WEZ.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Re: at least as far as the football offices and whatnot are

Oct 29, 2013, 4:50 PM

The admin offices are being moved into the WEZ where the coaches are currently located. Also the WEZ is currently used by more than just Football a football operations facility will be specifically for the team.

null

Not necessarily...

Oct 29, 2013, 4:42 PM [ in reply to so much of what we spent on the WEZ was a waste of $ then.*** ]

I am sure that they will be able to use the existing weight equipment, etc in a new facility. Game day locker rooms get updated all of the time, so that is not a wasted expense.

If the Athletic Department moves to the West Zone, then the Jervey/McFadden gets freed up for other uses. D Rad mentioned a museum. This has been talked about for sometime and reuse of the space in this manner could save money for the school as opposed to building new.

Also, IF the athletic department can be creative with some of the existing space, like the new training table, there are opportunities to generate new money for the athletic department. How cool would it be to rent out that space for parties on game day or convert it to a restaurant?

Not disagreeing with you, but depending on how it all shakes out, it may not be a "waste." Schools continue the arms race and we don't need to be complacent in our approach. I'm not saying I'll agree with everything proposed, but no need to feel satisfied with the status quo.

Oct 29, 2013, 4:31 PM

Supposedly to save time to and from the practice fields. Also, to add "specialness" to the game day locker room. It is the new trend (take a look at Oregon). Important to stay ahead of the rest.

In all seriousness, I am in 100% in support of the move. Football is the kingpin, cash cow if you will, of Clemson Athletics. I am glad that the new AD sees this and will keep football a priority. His plans for the stadium suites, letterman's lounge, etc. are all revenue generating ventures. I am all for investing in the program if it delivers results at the other end.

Tennessee has the same thing now. Sure am glad we are

Oct 29, 2013, 4:45 PM

keeping up with the "Jones" rather than letting them pass us and coming into this state and getting our best players like they used to do.

Good questions. I was wondering the same thing.***

Oct 29, 2013, 4:38 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bobby Robinson originally wanted

Oct 29, 2013, 4:53 PM

It in the parking lot by the practice fields. Tdp decided to put everything in the west zone. Now they decide to move it back. Money seems to be no object in the cuad

Oct 29, 2013, 5:02 PM

They are currently running out of space and the weight room is smaller than they need. The coaches also would prefer not to have the waste time of carting the players to and from the practice fields. This may not seem like a big deal but they are only allowed 20 hours a week and that includes the game, so 30 minutes a day four times a week adds up.

This will allow them to do some special things in the new building that they can't at the current site. None of the space will go to waste.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic