Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From a veteran
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

From a veteran

May 26, 2019, 7:08 PM

Keep in mind Memorial Day is for remembering those who made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom that we all experience and enjoy. Please do not thank veterans. While we all appreciate the gratitude Memorial Day is not about us. It’s about Heroes. The word hero is thrown around so loosely now but true heroes don’t come home. To all of those true American heroes THANK YOU!!! To the families, that have a void that can never be filled, thank you for the sacrifice that you have to endure every single day. On this Memorial Day weekend don’t thank a veteran, find a family who has lost a hero and honor them!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From a veteran

May 26, 2019, 7:48 PM

No one said it better than George

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 8:00 PM

Very well said Tigerman! I too am a veteran and have always said that there is never a bad time to thank one, but tomorrow is reserved for those brave men and women who never came home.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wished my dad a happy memorial day one time he said

May 26, 2019, 8:05 PM

I'm not dead! He was a pilot in WWII.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 9:05 PM

How true. Our day is Monday, November 11.

This is a Perspective Thread

May 26, 2019, 9:08 PM

Well said, gentlemen!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 9:14 PM

Thank you Veterans! Tremendous respect!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 9:15 PM

I am also veteran. I thank good every day I lived through what others did not. One stray bullet or random explosion is the difference in being remembered on Memorial Day or getting to celebrate Veteran’s Day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got a different take...

May 26, 2019, 10:52 PM

I'm a retired AF Colonel, son of an AF Colonel, and I have two kids in the AF. I understand making the point that Memorial Day is about those who died defending this country. BUT...I will never correct someone for thanking me for my service. Americans can thank veterans EVERY day for their service. I give thanks to all who serve every day. I am thankful for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. But I will thank all those who served...every day.

Re: I've got a different take...

May 26, 2019, 11:20 PM

Thanks for yours and your family’s service to our country, Oki. That’s something to be proud of. Hat’s off to you, your father and sons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta give a Shout-out & Salute to a great TiGER amongst us, in..

May 26, 2019, 11:25 PM

Joe21.

Thx Sir for serving America honorably as well as Clemson College in so many ways and times!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gotta give a Shout-out & Salute to a great TiGER amongst us, in..

May 26, 2019, 11:27 PM

I 2nd that emotion LBB.

Re: Gotta give a Shout-out & Salute to a great TiGER amongst us, in..

May 26, 2019, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Gotta give a Shout-out & Salute to a great TiGER amongst us, in.. ]

Agree - thanks so much - Joe!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Thank you for your service to this country***

May 27, 2019, 10:01 AM [ in reply to I've got a different take... ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've got a different take...

May 27, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to I've got a different take... ]

Thank you for your service to our country, sir.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: From a veteran- My dad was a vet

May 27, 2019, 8:21 AM

in WWII. This year he would have been 100. What he and his generation did is something that can never be repaid. I thank all living and dead for their service. I appreciate what Memorial Day means. I saw a shirt the other day that says - Land of the Free because of the Brave. For me that says it all

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please remember my cousin David Smith

May 27, 2019, 8:49 AM

from Westminster,SC. He was killed by a sniper while on patrol in Vietnam in 1968.

He was a very good person and kind to all he ever met. Rest in Peace David.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your service to this country

May 27, 2019, 10:01 AM

You're gonna get it every day, any day from me whether you like it or not! :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

appreciate your service...

May 27, 2019, 10:20 AM

... not at all in agreement, however, that the only heroes are those who don't come home. I consider a hero anyone who puts their life on the line for another's, whatever the outcome. I respect and thank all, including those in my immediate family, who were/are willing to put their life on the line to save others. "The price of something is the amount of life you are willing to exchange for it." If someone is willing to put their life on the line without regard for their own, they are a hero to me.

But again, thanks for your service and your memorials to the past, it's to stay in touch with what got us here, and you are a living link to that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure everyone has their own definition of"hero"

May 27, 2019, 10:49 AM

Shortly after getting home from Walter Reed, a buddy from my hometown who was in basic training with me went out with a couple of girls. The one with him asked about Viet Nam and commented that she had never met a hero before (meaning me). I didn't correct her but told my friend later that I appreciated what she had said but I felt like she still hadn't met one.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic