Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please help preserve downtown Clemson!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,874

Please help preserve downtown Clemson!

Apr 3, 2017, 9:46 PM

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/407/328/088/enact-a-moratorium-on-clemson-construction-now/?taf_id=35274189&cid=fb_na#bbfb=213516191

It has gotten out of control. The latest student apartments only have 0.5 parking spaces per student. Word is that the Astro III has been sold and will become a hotel. If you enjoy finding a place to park and walking through Clemson please consider signing this. Even if you're for more building please consider that at the very least there needs to be better planning for parking and traffic control.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please help preserve downtown Clemson!

Apr 3, 2017, 9:58 PM

Vote the bums out is the best way to make change

too late on that one....***

Apr 3, 2017, 10:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True but it can get worse - There has been some turnover in

Apr 3, 2017, 10:29 PM

City Council but because of the staggered terms not enough to ensure this ends.

It is too late to get back the old Clemson but it is not too late to keep it from getting even worse. Look around - there is still a lot of land on each side of college avenue and toward 123 that can be developed.

You wantin' someone to build a time machine?

Apr 3, 2017, 10:18 PM

'Cause that's the only way to preserve something that doesn't exist any more.

I visited my old advisor in October I

Apr 3, 2017, 10:22 PM

Had not seen in ten years. Hadnt been to Clemson in five. He kinda lamented this isnt the same Clemson that I was used to. Some things are better left in our memories.

Re: Please help preserve downtown Clemson!

Apr 3, 2017, 10:30 PM

Ok here's the deal. First the parking requirement of .5 per bed is being challenged unless it was approved later at tonight's City Council meeting. Secondly, haven't heard anything about the Astro. What I do know is that there are conversations about 405 College (where the Blue Heron and Sunnyside reside) and 412 College. In both cases developers want to put in high rise apartments. This will turn College Ave into College Canyon. Plus the only adult places to eat will go away. What is worrisome is it seems the students arent flocking to the high rises that are being built and yet developers want to keep building. The fear is we may have several failed apartments in downtown Clemson and will have destroyed its character.

Please look at the moratorium and if you agree sign it online. If you can pass it on to others do so as well. We would like to get this back to City Council by April 17.

Is there something in there about bringing back

Apr 3, 2017, 10:58 PM

Hardee's and making the serve fried chicken that they haven't had on their menu in 25 years?

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,874
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic