Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please correct me if I'm wrong:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

Oct 27, 2013, 11:11 AM

1.) Boyd has been great in all aspects being a CU scholarship athlete but whart irked me was his quote that "This has been fun but lately it been like a job with all of the pressure in the last 2 weeks". Yes, the season is a grind, keeping up with grades, etc but given that the University is providing the players with top notch food, facilities, training, education, etc; guess what; football IS YOUR JOB! I wish I had that job while at Clemson. No sympathy here. If you don't like your job you must be in the wrong profession.

2.) Why have we not had a good offensive line in 20 years! Yes, the big, flashy skill players get the attention but forego 1 or 2 of those a year and get some better O-line recruits.

3.) DB's have been horrendous in the last decade. (Injuries aside)

4.) Clemson was exposed against FSU. Running game is poor. (See #2) we have 1 good WR (Sammy) and thats it.

5.) Team is still not physical enough. FSU came out, punched us in the mouth and we were timid the remainder of the game. Given USuC's physical Defense we'll get stomped by them if our line doesn't grow a pair. GT will beat us as well if they follow the same physicality as FSU.

6.) If Boyd is still shaky, making poor decisions mid way through second qtr sit his butt and give Stoudt a try. Build up that competitive drive in Boyd and then put him back in the game. (ie, OBS and Shaw vs. Missouri yesterday)

7.) Clemson used to be Linebacker U. We've lost that edge since the Bowden era and why don't we have a bruising 230lb running back? They're obviously out there or does LSU and BAMA get the only 4 RB's like that in the country. That big RB for FSU lit Shuey up in their first few plays and he wasn't the same player for the rest of the game.

I'm a Tiger through and through and don't want to be that fan who's ready to give up my support after 2-3 losses (Gheyders, Bama, UT, UGA) but success breeds expectations. Go Tigers and let's get our heads back in the game. Let's go 2-0 and get a much needed bi-week for a little RNR.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its suspose to be like that! Success=Pressure

Oct 27, 2013, 11:14 AM

nm

Yes success brings pressure, hence my issue

Oct 27, 2013, 3:59 PM

Boyd is complaining about it. "It feels like a job" gimme a break! What QB wouldn't love to be in his position. I'm sure they're still having fun. Poor excuse.

get a clue, SCU's defense is nowhere close to being as good

Oct 27, 2013, 11:17 AM

as it was the past 3 seasons. And all your assessments are wrong. Our offensive line played good last year, so drop the it's been 20 years stuff. By the way Tajh was referring to emo fans like you that can't appreciate what a great player does for their university. Completely classless shot at one of the best players Clemson has ever had.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We haven't had a GOOD O-line in 20+ years. I see

Oct 27, 2013, 11:21 AM

that he got ya pretty worked up though Dabo.

Name the last year we had a dominate O-line ALL YEAR?

Oct 27, 2013, 4:29 PM

Not once every 3-4 games a year. Alabama had a total rookie line to start the year. How's their line doing so far this year?

Re: get a clue, SCU's defense is nowhere close to being as good

Oct 27, 2013, 12:06 PM [ in reply to get a clue, SCU's defense is nowhere close to being as good ]

Their D doesn't have to be as good as it was over the last 3 years because our O line is pitiful. Boyd gets rattled easily. That crowd noise and that D line/scheme will have him running for his life. If you were Lorenzo Ward, what would you do? Their going to bring serious pressure and we will not be able to block it.

We're a harder matchup for them than Mizzou

Oct 27, 2013, 12:09 PM

I was shocked at how small Mizzou was all over the field, except for their WRs. Think that's part of why their defense sucked in the second half. Not much depth, and being so much smaller they were getting worn out.

On offense, Mizzou basically had to rely on the running game, but Coot U still couldn't stop them until they decided to play ball again in the fourth when Shaw came back in.

Thank you.***

Oct 27, 2013, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: get a clue, SCU's defense is nowhere close to being as good ]

USC defense will still run our O-line ragged unless they

Oct 27, 2013, 4:04 PM [ in reply to get a clue, SCU's defense is nowhere close to being as good ]

Perform as well as they could. Our running game would be better and Boyd not running for his life. If we could keep the pressure off Boyd against the Turtles what will USC do? They seem lazy to me or they just don't care as much anymore or they are in need of a rest.

Re: Please correct me if I'm wrong: "Point"***

Oct 27, 2013, 11:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please correct me if I'm wrong:

Oct 27, 2013, 12:17 PM

Do you think the pressure stems from #6. we haven't been quite right on offense the last couple of weeks and people want to pull him? Tajh is 28-7 as a starting QB. There is zero reason to talk about replacing him. He has earned the respect for fans to stop touting a backup QB. We are going 10-2 or 11-1 this season, because of what he does out there.

I love Tahj but he's played like garbage since Syracuse

Oct 27, 2013, 4:17 PM

Not just him but the entire offense has lost focus and the blame like it or not lies at the feet of the O team leader in case the QB. I'm not saying pull the guy for an entire game but if he's playing like crap not running the plays as they're designed ie first play against FSU. He was supposed to roll right but he went left. According to Morris that's been happening a lot lately. Whose fault is that? Does Boyd have continuous brain fart issues? If so, sit the guy down for 5 minutes to settle him down, find out whats going on and then put him back in. Sure it was against FSU 2nd/3rd string but we never scored again until Stoudt started to play. Again, not saying Stoudt is better or anything but something is obviously wrong with Boyd. He's in a HUGE slump and needs some fire back in his belly or under his butt.

Oct 27, 2013, 12:35 PM

I disagree.
(1) We are missing Nuk's ability to find the hole in the defense and give us a safety valve.
(2) We are missing Jaron Brown's downfield blocking that made short runs and passes become long plays.
(3) Center is a problem.
(4)If effort were measured, Rod is a great running back, unfortunately he doesn't have AE's speed to breakaway from safeties on long runs or beat them to the corner.
(5) For some reason, Boyd has lost his connection with Cooper that was developing at the end of last year.
(6) Suddenly, we don't throw DEEP anymore, not in the last three games.
(7) THE !@@#%^^&&** PREVENT DEFENSE should be thrown in !@#$%^%&*&* ocean and NEVER RUN AGAIN this season. We get no pressure from three linemen, and are extremely vulnerable to drag and wheel routes when we are running it. FIVE TIMES by my count this year it has cost us touchdowns at the end of games, and probably more 3rd down conversions than I can count.
My two cents.

Just like I said

Oct 27, 2013, 4:26 PM

We only have 1 good receiver.
Center issues, guard issues, TE issues.
Rod is doing well, considering. Would be better if O-line could win a battle and open some holes. 1st and 5 against Syracuse and we couldn't get in in 4 tries. If that doesn't speak volumes I don't know what else to say.
U can't throw deep when QB is running for his life because of no blocking and can't pick up a blitz to save their life.

Oct 27, 2013, 12:46 PM

sure agree!!
#2 and #6 IMHO are most important.. if we did not have another Q/B it MIGHT be understood but we do have other Q/B`s
my question is "why can`t Dabo see that we simply must have O/L"?????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It all starts in the trenches for O and D-line

Oct 27, 2013, 4:33 PM

Give me the greatest skill players that have ever played the game behind a mediocre O-line they go may go 8-4/9-3 in regular season.

Re: Please correct me if I'm wrong:***

Oct 27, 2013, 4:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You're WRONG

Oct 27, 2013, 4:32 PM

There , you've been corrected .
Haters gonna hate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Gotta bring more to the discussion than that lameness***

Oct 27, 2013, 4:35 PM

You're running your mouth more than anyone !! *****

Oct 27, 2013, 4:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please correct me if I'm wrong:***

Oct 27, 2013, 4:38 PM

Oct 27, 2013, 4:39 PM