Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Tanner offers Monte a job, he might better take it. I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

If Tanner offers Monte a job, he might better take it. I

May 26, 2017, 2:55 PM

don;t know if he is ACC caliber coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Tanner offers Monte a job, he might better take it. I

May 26, 2017, 2:56 PM

He def has got a taste of reality the last 4-5 weeks.

May 26, 2017, 3:04 PM

He enjoyed the taste last year...and no one here was complaining.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2017, 3:24 PM

Peanut,
You are aptly named in posting your initial comment. Your brain seems to be about the size of a peanut when considering the circumstances Coach Lee and staff have had to deal with of late. How about step back from the ledge a bit and assess the bigger picture relating to the program as a whole and while doing so think about who we have lost to in the last several series. I am not making excuses, just taking a sixty something year old point of view.

Go Tigers!

May 26, 2017, 4:13 PM

That and the loses in regular season were close final scores .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2017, 9:37 AM

I am all for Coach Monte! I think he's a great coach .. give the guy a chance!

Re: RRFTiger. Your 60 year viewpoint has been trumped.

May 26, 2017, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: If Tanner offers Monte a job, he might better take it. I ]

When I see our second baseman taking pop flies that an outfielder should take (two games in a row) then that is coaching. Who do you think has a better view of the play and is in the best position to make a throw? Plus, a third base coach who has made several errors this year. These guys appeared to be out of their league the last 6 weeks.

Re: RRFTiger. Your 60 year viewpoint has been trumped.

May 27, 2017, 9:34 AM

Peanut,
This is Not about being Trumped stupid! My reply was about thinking before you make shortsighted posts! Lee's career clearly indicates he is more than capable. His players have put forth work since last Fall and to make mistakes is to merely be human, especially in the grind of a long season. You would not know however because you likely have NEVER made one yourself? Like said in my earlier post, step back and gain some perspective. Some of us have better things to do besides complain.

Go Tigers!

May 26, 2017, 3:38 PM

Man I'd hate to be your wife, kids or roommate. Man can anyone imagine using the last of the milk in this fella's house, good grief. Overreact much? I know I know you're definitely not the only one but my God the man hasn't even gotten the chance to build his own team. I mean the guy is playing with the majority of Leggett's guys. Monte and Leggett play 2 different types of baseball. Leggett wanted small ball and Monte is more of hitting with power. I know it appears that you may not be of the genius type but even you can see that playing the way Monte wants to with Leggett's guys doesn't add to successful baseball. You know I am as disappointed as anyone but do realize that when Leggett was fired no one thought this team would immediately fight for national seeds and ACC Championships. So like the guy above said "back away from the ledge" because I tend to get a little pushy when heights are involved.

Re: You are welcome to try pushing whenever you like.***

May 26, 2017, 9:35 PM

Re: You are welcome to try pushing whenever you like.***

May 27, 2017, 11:02 AM

Oh look peanut is a tuff guy

Oh look armsb is a fluff guy***

May 28, 2017, 12:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DAPOTD!!!!!***

May 26, 2017, 4:19 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2017, 4:25 PM

I wish I knew what happened to this team when we hit the tough part of the schedule. The opposition got tougher no doubt. We have not played well lately. However,only overreacting fans would want to fire Lee. Has he got things to fix? Yes! Can he ? Yes! I'm disappointed too but step back from the ledge.

Some posters aren't Clemson caliber fans. Monte won the

May 26, 2017, 9:55 PM

ACC his FIRST year. Go Tigers!!

Re: I don'r recall anyone suggesting that he be fired. I

May 26, 2017, 10:05 PM

will admit that I had reservations about him when he was hired. Still do.

Re: I don'r recall anyone suggesting that he be fired. I

May 27, 2017, 7:07 AM

No one cares what peanut Head thinks. Ignore him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2017, 10:30 PM

Way too early in Monte's tenure for this kind of talk. If these results are happening in 4 or 5 years from now then yea, it might be time for that kind of discussion. But give the man several more years to make that argument.

Please be careful what you wish for

May 26, 2017, 11:29 PM

…you might just get it. USC would love to have Monte Lee. They wanted Monte back when Tanner became AD. And now with Holbrook on the hot seat due to a subpar season, they probably want him even more. If Monte doesn’t feel welcomed at Clemson, who knows, he might just bolt if offered the position. I think we have yet to see the best of Monte Lee…his ability to recruit, which of course we won’t really appreciate for a couple of years. And thank goodness USC is showing some signs of life in the SEC tournament. Hopefully that will save Holbrook’s job and they don’t come knocking for Monte Lee. I’m still all in with Monte Lee, and as always, go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idiot much...peanut?***

May 27, 2017, 12:31 AM

May 27, 2017, 8:28 AM

This is a ridiculous post. First off USCjr isnt going to fire Holbrook this yr. He has saved his job by winning in the tournament. Secondly, Who would you like to replace Monte with? What good coach in his right mind would go to a job that just got rid of a coach one year removed from winning the conference? NONE

May 27, 2017, 8:49 AM

I wish they would find you a spot on another board. Clemson fans that understand that it's a game of failures, a team that has been overachieving, and a absolutely ###### pitching staff to work with, I think everyone knew that Monte was gonna have growing pains with this roster. If this team was gonna be really good, there would have been no reason to get rid of Leggett.

And it makes you look so stupid to say that you called stuff and saw stuff ahead of time. For one, no one pays attention to the stuff you say bc you come to a message board and ##### about stuff that you can't control. You offer nothing, you just always complain and #####. That's why it is best for you to stay a fan that types on an anonymous message board, stay away from talkin in public

May 27, 2017, 10:36 AM

Idiots galore

I am really taken!!!!!!

May 27, 2017, 10:49 AM

Does it not seem a little early to judge our BB coach. I mean 6 weeks ago he was a rising Star in the coaching ranks. Monte took over with his hair blazing and cool enough to not even blister, with only 1 1/2 years on the job!!!!!!!! Take a chill pill, have a cool one and see what happens!!!!!! Monte, really loves Clemson and will work his butt off to get our BB team back in the upper ranks. I believe we have a Goodun, he is a keeper. Have some Tiger faith and you'll sleep better!!!! Such early criticism just stinks!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

You're pretty bad at this***

May 27, 2017, 12:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

May 28, 2017, 10:22 AM

Monty Lee built a team that won the baseball national championship against all comers. If you can't support him now, then you deserve the next coach who would be hired. Luckily we have an AD to make these decisions not a fan base on Tigernet!!!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic