Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please No More Female Lead Announcers for College or NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 951

Please No More Female Lead Announcers for College or NFL

Oct 8, 2018, 12:13 PM

Football On Televised Games - Have nothing against women covering sports THAT WOMEN PLAY - But all male sports no! This should be sacred! So many gaffs were created by her in our game that it was so annoying and pitiful - and she talked and carried on too long with each one of her opportunities!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please No More Female Lead Announcers for College or NFL

Oct 8, 2018, 12:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

that looks like the lady who is always hanging the

Oct 8, 2018, 1:22 PM

rainbow flag on the Berkeley Dr overpass on 123

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 8, 2018, 12:19 PM

70tig said:

Football On Televised Games - Have nothing against women covering sports THAT WOMEN PLAY - But all male sports no! This should be sacred! So many gaffs were created by her in our game that it was so annoying and pitiful - and she talked and carried on too long with each one of her opportunities!

Good read

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Oct 8, 2018, 12:40 PM

Hmmph.

To each their own:
She (Beth Mowins) may have made some mistakes, but I have heard plenty of male announcers do the same. Drunk Mike Patrick comes to mind.

Same for talking too much. Most announcers, ie. All of Them, talk way too much when they are calling a game that is a blow out. They have to because the game is "over" except for the minutes.

Perhaps the train to modern day and the future already departed your station.

Hang in there. Tomorrow is still going to come no matter what anyone else thinks or wants.

I just can't stand the sound of her voice!!!!!!!!!!!***

Oct 8, 2018, 1:01 PM

They are TERRIBLE

Oct 8, 2018, 1:14 PM

Completely agree with you, women have ZERO business calling football games.

It's distracting in a bad-way.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 1:28 PM

She erks me every time I watch the replays. Let men be men and stop intruding. We spose to roll over and play dead while they trample on our manness?

Re: Please No More Female Lead Announcers for College or NFL***

Oct 8, 2018, 1:43 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 1:58 PM

Completely agree

Anecdote

Oct 8, 2018, 2:20 PM

My wife doesn't watch games, but walked through Saturday and asked if the announcer was a man. After telling her no, she told me to turn it down cuz Beth's voice was too annoying.

I laughed.

take off, eh?

Oct 8, 2018, 3:52 PM

you. not the wimmins.

Oct 8, 2018, 3:56 PM

https://goo.gl/images/6cekXk

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 9, 2018, 11:59 AM

I know kirk herbstreit is a terrible announcer but banning all women is extreme for his transgressions.

All announcers are bad, some worse than others. All talk too much. I don't mind Beth anymore an any other guy. Any feed without an announcer is by favorite feed for a game (loved it when espn had these skycam feeds... not for the angles (slightly less annoying) but it was better for no talking). Heck the desportes feeds were at least interesting because I could only understand names. However, your complaints are not dependent on one's ########.

My I suggest you find a "female" 1981 West point graduate and offer your opinion. Last time I checked, it is not an all-male sport nor are all announcers "former players". Your ignorance is akin to a coot. That being said, if my daughter wanted to do that, darn right she could do it and do it well. She is still working on eating solid foods and sitting up, but still. Go tigers, even lady tigers.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:44 PM

I have nothing against Beth, and I think she does a solid job.

But please don't take away some of those sideline ladies. On that ESPN sports show, watching Laura Rutledge is somewhat hypnotic. Even when McElroy was rambling on about something, I just watch her and have no idea what he says. I even watch her commercial when she wears camo. :)

Oct 9, 2018, 1:03 PM

Agree 100 %

Beth i better than 90% of dudes doing the same job. Its hilarious

Oct 9, 2018, 1:29 PM

how many posts there are on tnet about her because she's an announcer with a ######.

Grow up y'all.

I'll admit, the broadcast on Sat was poor. Graphics had things wrong, sideline reporter Rocky whatever never told us what Claussen was fired up about in 1st q, they had AJ Terrells name on the screen for i think Dixon.. of all those things, none were her fault.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 16
| visibility 951
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic