Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Preseason Vegas odds released for Clemson matchups
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

TNET: Preseason Vegas odds released for Clemson matchups

Jul 9, 2018, 4:37 PM

Preseason Vegas odds released for Clemson matchups

Another set of preseason Clemson Vegas game lines were released this week - this time featuring a prominent non-conference test. South Point odds released in Ma Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are huge numbers, especially considering

Jul 9, 2018, 4:56 PM

we are the road team in 4 of the 5 games.

Re: Those are huge numbers, especially considering

Jul 9, 2018, 6:46 PM

You can say that again!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are huge numbers, especially considering

Jul 9, 2018, 9:59 PM

we are the road team in 4 of the 5 games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Preseason Vegas odds released for Clemson matchups

Jul 9, 2018, 5:01 PM

I will take those numbers. Especially against the coots, however would be even happier with hanging more on them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2018, 7:57 PM

Looks like they are picking the halftime score vs. USuCk.

Jul 10, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Preseason Vegas odds released for Clemson matchups ]

IMO, the only way we don't stomp them by more would be to make sure all the non starters get plenty of game experience. It will be a nice way to let our non-starters get a reward for what they mean to the team, and it really is like a slap in the face to usuc players to know that they got drubbed so badly that all the scrubs (and I was one of them) played a lot. They may not be smart enough to realize it, but it really will be humiliating to them and to their fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

-23 against the chickens

Jul 9, 2018, 8:16 PM

I. Love. It.

The game won't be that close...

Jul 9, 2018, 9:16 PM

By the time that game rolls around, $CU will be all beat-up from playing that vaunted $-EZ schedule.

ROFLMAO !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The game won't be that close...

Jul 10, 2018, 10:13 AM

I would expect another whiney complaint that we showed disrespect to them by recognizing our seniors early in the 4th quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: -23 against the chickens

Jul 10, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to -23 against the chickens ]

I think it will be worse than that.

Jul 9, 2018, 8:18 PM

To big of a point spread @ Texass, also I think that 23 points is to many to give the cootsucs @ Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2018, 9:56 PM

I give you the points. How does your wallet fill about those points? 100 a game?

Jul 9, 2018, 9:57 PM

I’ll be here with the crickets

Jul 10, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Preseason Vegas odds released for Clemson matchups ]

My wallet has taught me over the years to never bet real money on that game, never. Do you remember back when we beat the coots 1991 in Columbia, then they beat us in 1992 in Clemson, in 1993 we beat them in Columbia, in 1994 they beat us in Clemson, 1995 we beat them in Columbia, 1996 they beat us again in Clemson, and it wasn't until 1997 we went on a 4 game winning streak that started in Columbia. That stretch from 1991 to 1997 where the home team lost, that stretch taught me that the home team really don't have an advantage in our rivalry game against the coots. Yes I do believe we have the better team and we should beat them in Clemson or in Columbia, but if I was a betting man but I'm not, I wouldn't bet a wooden nickle that we will beat them by 23 points and I don't care where the game is played. I wouldn't bet we would win by 23 points even if the game was played in Dabo's back yard!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Preseason Vegas odds released for Clemson matchups ]

I'd take the underdog and the points in all of these match-ups really. They're big spreads.

There's definitely some serious home dog potential there

Jul 10, 2018, 12:23 PM

I could definitely see us not covering some of those roads numbers.

Jul 10, 2018, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Preseason Vegas odds released for Clemson matchups ]

My wallet feels the extra $100 per ticket for sure :) A small price to pay to watch the Tigers achieve greatness every year!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Preseason Vegas odds released for Clemson matchups ]

We better be very careful at A&M. Frankly, that game scares me, especially if we're not playing our best QB.

got a feeling FSU will surprise people how good they

Jul 10, 2018, 9:13 AM

will be this year. They're going to score alot of points this year and they have a top 10 defense as far as skill goes. I think that line will be closer to 6

Unless FSU's OL talent magically gets better, that line is

Jul 10, 2018, 10:20 AM

about right. As will be true of all our games, the biggest variable will be which QB we have in the game.

Taggart's system might negate the OL issues to an extent

Jul 10, 2018, 12:25 PM

I think Jimbo's offense probably just exacerbated the issue.

A system won't fix a lack of talent. It simply masks it

Jul 10, 2018, 1:00 PM

until a team comes along that doesn't care what you run. People would be scared of the name 'FSU' if Muschamp was their coach. If anything, I'm more concerned about the infusion of 'want to' Taggart could bring, but the jury will be out on that for at least a month. These are the same players who quit on Jimbo Fisher. It's 50/50 on how the chemistry will play out.

I don't think that's entirely true. There are things an

Jul 10, 2018, 1:11 PM

offense can do to scheme around a weaker OL. Chip Kelly never had a particularly good OL at Oregon.

You gotta remember they won't be lining up to play slow

Jul 10, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Unless FSU's OL talent magically gets better, that line is ]

pro style offense that Jimbo ran. Its going to be fast paced which can sometimes mask bad talent on the offensive line. If the QB gets the ball out quick you only have to hold a block for a second or two. But if you're running Jimbo's offense you gotta hold that block for 3-5 seconds. Which they won't be able to. Its going to be fast paced and the pressure will be on our DB's not our DL's to save the big plays.

They also aren't built for running a Marcus Mariota or

Jul 10, 2018, 3:12 PM

LeGarrette Blount type O. And Francois is coming off a season ending injury. Is Blackman gonna do all that? I don't think so. Unless they recruited for it this year and they're going to play a bunch of FR,...Their biggest weapon will be that there isn't any film on them, but there will be by the time they see Clemson. You don't drastically change a scheme like that and be world beaters in one season. You have to recruit for it. Again, I'm more concerned w/ what kind of culture Taggart is able to put together with a team that quit on their former coach.

FSU still has players on that team and first year w/ Oregon

Jul 10, 2018, 6:04 PM

Taggart averaged 52 points a contest. I'd say FSU has better talent than Oregon has. The only thing that may sway to your point is his O-Coordinator stayed at Oregon to take the HC job. That will be the question. Oregon had no defense. FSU has some of the best Defensive talent in the league behind us. They may have more 5 star talent than we do from past recruiting rankings.

Year one is a bit of a wild card no doubt but to act like they are barren is a mistake. And going into Doak this year where I feel they may be undefeated or a 1 loss team if they catch on quick enough. Did Clemson regress in Chad Morris's first year as OC? Thats what i was told was going to happen. Nah we got way better and scored way more. B/c we had good players that weren't being utilized the year before.

I think its a stretch to act like FSU is dead in the water and can't match us. They had as good a chance as any to beat us last year in Clemson. Luckily Blackmon threw a pick on first down. If he hadn't I think we may have lost. Because their defense was still playing good. Now they'll have similar defense but more than likely a more productive offense.

Its a big game.

Please. I never even suggested they were 'barren' or 'dead

Jul 11, 2018, 9:33 AM

in the water'. Your reading comprehension could use some help. They always have talent. How's that worked out for them the last few years? All that talent is only as good as the coaching and the culture that's created by the HC. No one knows that better than we do, or so I thought, but yet again, we have fans who have forgotten who we are and who FSU became. This isn't 1993 or even 2013.

Every single year we have fans who wring their hands for 4 months over the 'mighty FSU' and all that talent. Pffft. Did they sign Trevor Lawrence, Tee Higgins or have the most dominant DL in college football? Nope. Do they have the coaching staff we have? Nope. The pressure to win that game is all on them. Of course it will be a game. It usually is, but I'm not scared of FSU and I refuse to talk like 'Eww, Clemson better watch out'. Nonsense. FSU better play the game of their freaking lives, at Doak or otherwise. And they know it. Nobody in the country has a better big game coach than Dabo Swinney. We have the BEST DC in the country, as well. Bring what you got, Willie Taggart. We have your daddy.

As far as Chad Morris' departure, the fact is we replaced him with better, less stubborn, less predictable coaches. I like Chad and 95% of what he did here but I also predicted we'd be better after he left. If you don't believe me I can give about 500 references.

Continue to be the voice of anxiety for all of Clemson nation if you wish, but I know a little something about this game and the intangibles that go into it. We're a 10 pt favorite for a reason.

Re: You gotta remember they won't be lining up to play slow

Jul 10, 2018, 4:02 PM [ in reply to You gotta remember they won't be lining up to play slow ]

Fla. State is always going to be a major challenge. They recruit top players year after year. We should prepare for a war, and play our best QB.

Clearly the guys in Vegas don't read...

Jul 10, 2018, 12:19 PM

...TheState newspaper.

We should check in with Todd Ellis to seen when that "scared to death" thing starts.

Re: Clearly the guys in Vegas don't read...

Jul 10, 2018, 4:05 PM

Best way to get our a$$es kicked is to start reading and believing press clippings. Does Fla. State recruit anyone who isn't a 5-star?

If the Coots can recruit well and practice hard

Jul 10, 2018, 12:29 PM

some day they may be as good as the middle-tier ACC teams.

Message was edited by: Tim317®

Does it surprise anyone

Jul 10, 2018, 2:49 PM

That the Vegas “experts” think that the Tigers will have tougher games with WF and BC than the Bantam Roosters in Columbia? Says a lot for the program muscle cramp has inherited.

Re: Does it surprise anyone

Jul 10, 2018, 4:10 PM

From what I read, they've been recruiting like wild-fire. Hope that's wrong, but I have this sinking feeling that we are getting overconfident. Everyone will be gunning for us, and we had dogonne well better strap it up and prepare to go to war. And, play our best players!

those two games will be tough and we'll get no credit if we

Jul 10, 2018, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Does it surprise anyone ]

win them but will be lambasted if we struggle or even lose one of them. Those two teams are going to be the best they've been in a long time this season.

TU for muscle cramp

Jul 10, 2018, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Does it surprise anyone ]

lol

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic