Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please Forward to Burch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,596

Please Forward to Burch

Jun 8, 2019, 6:43 PM

I posted this late Wednesday on the tail end of a post, the post was not seen by many, as it moved down the board...the more I thought about it, the more I would like someone to get this info to Burch:

Burch has a choice...go to the chickens, get worked to death, maybe go to a low tier bowl every year or two, never win championships, possibly get injured due to the over work, miss out on future pros. Flip burgers or drive a truck for a living until retirement.

Or come to the Tigers, get quality snaps, without being overworked. Get championships (plural because you get several each year, including the natty). Get championship rings. Get the proper training and attitude to go to the pros. Get big paychecks and sit comfortable after football.

No matter how good your friends are or how much your mother pleads, the choice is obvious. Maybe someone should show this to his mom!?!?

TO WHICH, a T-netter responded, Paraphrased: Don't be the guy that says Burch would be wrong to choose the Coots, that would make you a homer... Haynous (good guy!) responded on my behalf.

MY SUBSEQUENT post:

I agree with everything he said. I am also that guy. And there is no doubt in my mind that if he goes to Clemson, he will be better prepared to go the NFL than if he goes to the chickens. I also never said anything about being afraid of the competition...who brought that up, anyhow? I will think he made the wrong decision if he goes to the chickens because they do not have a deep talent pool like the Tigers. This means he will play more downs, which will make his body slow to respond, which can greatly increase the possibility of a career ending injury. And before you say that is ridiculous, think about it, common sense if possible...If you got a guy on the defensive line that plays 80 snaps a game with one team, and the same guy would play 50 snaps a game on another team...which one is more likely to get injured? OBVIOUSLY the more you are on the field, the higher the chance of injury, without even taking into consideration the fatigue!! So if going to the chickens is more likely to result in a possible career ending injury, which school would you choose?

He could have better stats if he went to the chickens, because they do not have as many stars. Even though it may wear him out. But how many stars were on Clemson's DL last year? Lawrence, Wilkins, Ferrell, Bryant, Huggins, Thomas, Henry, Mascoll, Foster, Jeffries, Kelly, Pinckney, Williams, Rudolph, Register... all of which are as good or better than anything the chickens have on their DL...yet, it seems there were some high draft picks by the Tiger DL in the last draft...which means that the fewer snaps did not hurt their draft status! And right now, Burch is rated as high as any of those players...so yes, he should come to Clemson to get ready for the NFL!

And to further illustrate the point...Xavier Thomas was the third ranked player overall last year. We had the best DL in all of college football last year....Yet, as a true freshman last year, Thomas played in every game. He was too good to redshirt. And he already has the NFL drooling. So, if you are good, like maybe Burch being the number one recruit overall...what makes you think he would not start or play his freshman year? We are not being Homers...we are being logical!

Sorry for the length, but it all had to be said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To all parents of recruits...mamas speak...

Jun 8, 2019, 8:10 PM

Carla Boyd’s Message

Carla Boyd, Tajh’s mother, called TheClemsonInsider.com on Sunday to get a message out to Tiger fans, parent of recruits and others about coach Swinney and her son’s experience at Clemson.

“I want to get a message out the the Clemson fans and other parent about Dabo Swinney. I need to tell the fans and talk to the parents. Everything Dabo told us came true,” said Carla Boyd.

Carla remembers how coach Swinney made landing his son priority number one for the Clemson staff.

“Dabo told us when he got the job after being interim coach he told the coaches we have to go out and get Tajh. He said he told the staff to go out and do everything the legal way to get Tajh. Get him on campus was the message he told the staff,” said Carla Boyd.

Coach Napier and coach Pearman were late to the party, but worked hard and convinced Tajh and his family to visit Clemson.

“When we were scheduled to come the first time for the visit I couldn’t get off work. I looked on the Internet and saw where all the fans were so disappointed. When I was able to make it we got there at around 2 AM. Coach Napier and coach Pearman were waiting for us with blood shot eyes. We had blood shot eyes as well. We checked into the hotel and from there on everything went great,” said Carla Boyd.

The next key for Tajh was the in-home visit for coach Swinney.

“Dabo said Tajh could take the program to another level. He said we can make it happen if you believe. Tajh can make it happen. He said I have a plan. I need you to believe in me. He told me when I finish with Tajh he will be a better young man,” said Carla Boyd.

Dabo brought something along on the visit to show where he thought Tajh could lead the program.

“He showed us a picture he had of Tajh competing for the Heisman. It really happened. Everything he told us happened,” said Carla Boyd.

Following the visit Carla wasn’t sure who her son would select, but she knew she believed in coach Swinney.

“I felt a good spirit about him. I always believed in him,” said Carla Boyd.

Early Saturday morning after the victory Carla Boyd, Tajh’s mother, shed some tears as she talked with coach Swinney. Carla wanted to thank coach Swinney for keeping the promises he made five years ago.

“I said everything you said would happen came to fruition. I still can’t believe it,” said Carla Boyd.

Carla had a message for other parents who have son’s looking at Clemson.

“At one point you have to trust in a coach. I trusted in turning my son over to Dabo and that program because of his Christian beliefs. That has always been a big help to Tajh. I would tell any mom or dad you should send your son to Clemson. If your son does the right things they can end up just like Tajh,” said Carla Boyd.

Carla also had a message for Clemson fans.

“I want to thank all of the fans that stood by us through thick and thin. I want to thank those dedicated friends and fans,” said Carla Boyd.

She couldn’t leave without saying one more time what coach Swinney meant to her family.

“Everything he told us when he came to the house came true in front of our eyes. He told us to believe and we did,’ said Carla Boyd.

Tabitha W Johnson?
@TWJ46

For Jadar Johnson # 18
Follow
More
A promise and a dream fulfilled! I trusted and believed in the vision! (Degree, Mature man, Champion) Thanks for everything Coach Swinney!??

TEEHIGGINSMOM?
@adizlady

Follow
More
TEEHIGGINSMOM Retweeted Tabitha W Johnson
So glad my son @teehiggins5 choose Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Burch could have a great career with the coots

Jun 8, 2019, 8:10 PM

and be very successful in the NFL. Clowney is a good example of this path. He played for the chickens and went to the NFL and has done well. That being said, he never played for a championship and obviously never won one.

All that being said, he struggled initially in the NFL because the coot coaches didn't do the coaching necessary to set him up for success - he was successful in college based solely on athletic ability. He's coming off his rookie deal and, while successful, has not been as dominant as he could have been with a proper foundation.

Muschump will not give him that basis. Venables will. There is a reason that Clemson puts some many DL in the league. Ask Grady. 3 star that is now a franchise player.

If Burch chooses the coots, he'll be drafted and do well. If he chooses Clemson, he'll be drafted and do better. But he will put in more work in college. There will be rewards for that work (rings baby!) but anyone that expects to get better will know that it isn't easy. I hope that Burch chooses the path that takes effort but rewards the effort.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want any football player that would be swayed by

Jun 8, 2019, 8:11 PM

a random message board poster. That would show an extreme lack of intelligence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't want any football player that would be swayed by

Jun 8, 2019, 8:33 PM

Would it? Would it really show a lack of intelligence if that message was convincing, based in logic, reasoning and not an emotional plea? Would he really be an idiot Mr. Dunning Kruger?

Re: I don't want any football player that would be swayed by

Jun 8, 2019, 9:17 PM [ in reply to I don't want any football player that would be swayed by ]

And what if he was not aware of the situation with Xavier Thomas? What if no one ever explained that situation? That is not conjecture or coach speak...it is fact that could be a determining factor in his decision. Do I think he should already know it? Of course! But, can I take the chance that he does not, or has not thought about the number of snaps and it's relation to injury probability? These are 17-18 year olds...we can't assume anything! Hormones are the presiding trait at that age!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, he and XT are very good friends, so there's that....

Jun 8, 2019, 10:28 PM

duh.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What we can assume

Jun 9, 2019, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't want any football player that would be swayed by ]

Is that Dabo and staff have this covered. For a few years now they have been competing against the you can have playing time now narrative from other schools. I would imagine that their counterargument is similar to what you have suggested, but whatever it is, it is working. I don't think that it is happenstance that Clemson led the nation in the number of players playing per game by a wide margin, and the recruits can see that they were meaningful snaps as well. If Burch decides to go somewhere else, I doubt it will be because our coaching staff failed to properly inform him.

Re: Please Forward to Burch

Jun 8, 2019, 11:55 PM

I was the person who responded to that post and What I said was dont be that guy who thinks any player who doesn't go to Clemson is afraid of competition, Dabo didn't really want him, or he's making a wrong decision. Every player does whats best for them and their situation. Clemson has one of the best fan bases but I can see the winning having a Alabama effect on some people. Was Tajh boyd or Deshaun Watson making a bad decision when they were 5 stars who decided to give lil ole Clemson a chance? I love the level Clemson is recruiting at don't get me wrong and Burch would be the icing on the Cake, but if Clemson isn't for him it just isn't and that's okay. I promise we'll get by

Jun 9, 2019, 2:38 PM

brrntaylor said:

I was the person who responded to that post and What I said was dont be that guy who thinks any player who doesn't go to Clemson is afraid of competition, Dabo didn't really want him, or he's making a wrong decision. Every player does whats best for them and their situation. Clemson has one of the best fan bases but I can see the winning having a Alabama effect on some people. Was Tajh boyd or Deshaun Watson making a bad decision when they were 5 stars who decided to give lil ole Clemson a chance? I love the level Clemson is recruiting at don't get me wrong and Burch would be the icing on the Cake, but if Clemson isn't for him it just isn't and that's okay. I promise we'll get by

You would be correct except chosing USUC is never the better choice regardless of the alternative....

Jun 8, 2019, 11:55 PM

Jun 9, 2019, 12:27 AM

If Jordan Burch doesn't choose Clemson, I guess we'll have to "settle" for three 5-star defensive lineman in the 2020 class.

But if he joins Bresee, Murphy and Capehart, this would probably be the best d-line class in history. I can't believe four 5* d-lineman in one class ever happened before.

Lots a reasons to choose Clemson.

Jun 9, 2019, 1:44 PM

I grew up in Columbia and was a gamecock fan. But when it came to choosing a college, I chose Clemson for its college town atmosphere and many other reasons. And I have NEVER regretted that decision.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,596
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic