Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone want to talk football - not Oline or playoff expansion related?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 961

Anyone want to talk football - not Oline or playoff expansion related?

Dec 15, 2018, 10:57 AM

Here's the situation: it's January 7th and we've got Bama 3rd and 8. They have Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle, Smith, and Harris on the field.... How do we line up?

Terrell and Mullen will be outside on Jeudy and Ruggs - fair matchup, they're going to win their share here, but I think we will too.

I would think we task Simmons to line up on Smith. Again, a fair matchup - Simmons is going to have to have a great game in coverage though.

Now, who is on Waddle in the slot? If you've watched any Bama games this year, Waddle's burst is Sammy-esque. Will we have Wallace/Muse line up on him? Will we push a LB out on him? Or do we bring in Fields/Goodrich/McMichael and play nickle?

Corner back depth hasn't hurt us all year - Mullen and Terrell have been healthy and played great. But will this lack of depth hurt us in the playoffs when we need 3 CBs that BV trusts on the field?

If we play nickel, who comes off the field? Lamar or Joseph? If Bama goes 3 wide the whole game do we go small and try and matchup with their speed, trusting our 1st rounders on the Dline to dominate the LOS and contain their run game?

BV has to already have a plan in his head for this situation - no clue what it will be though. We've played essentially zero nickle this year, unlike past years, but with this extra practice time do we implement it? Cat and mouse game here with 2 great coaching staffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone want to talk football - not Oline or playoff related?

Dec 15, 2018, 11:10 AM

Yea, I'll talk football.
But how is this topic not playoff related?
You already have us playing Bama on Jan.7th.
Today is Dec.15th and the last time I checked(just moments ago) Clemson is preparing for Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl on Dec.29th.Why is everybody,(including yourself)just "assuming" we are going to beat Notre Dame.
I'm certainly glad to know our coaching staff isn't looking past Notre Dame.
So how is that for talking football?

Re: Anyone want to talk football - not Oline or playoff related?

Dec 15, 2018, 11:25 AM

here we go again

Playoff expansion related*, fixed it for you

Dec 15, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone want to talk football - not Oline or playoff related? ]

Guess you weren't capable of inferring that.

And I certainly hope our coaches have a plan for Bama already, and Oklahoma too for that matter. I can guarantee you Saban and his staff has watched a good bit of Clemson film.

"A man without a plan is not a man" - Nietzsche

I assume we're going to play base defense the entire game vs. Notre Dame. Not much to talk about here. We have better athletes and should win if we execute.

So to answer your question, you're pretty terrible at talking football.

Re: Anyone want to talk football - not Oline or playoff expansion related?

Dec 15, 2018, 12:39 PM

Here's the situation: it's January 7th and we've got Bama 3rd and 8. They have Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle, Smith, and Harris on the field.... How do we line up?

Terrell and Mullen will be outside on Jeudy and Ruggs - fair matchup, they're going to win their share here, but I think we will too.

I would think we task Simmons to line up on Smith. Again, a fair matchup - Simmons is going to have to have a great game in coverage though.

Now, who is on Waddle in the slot? If you've watched any Bama games this year, Waddle's burst is Sammy-esque. Will we have Wallace/Muse line up on him? Will we push a LB out on him? Or do we bring in Fields/Goodrich/McMichael and play nickle?

Corner back depth hasn't hurt us all year - Mullen and Terrell have been healthy and played great. But will this lack of depth hurt us in the playoffs when we need 3 CBs that BV trusts on the field?

If we play nickel, who comes off the field? Lamar or Joseph? If Bama goes 3 wide the whole game do we go small and try and matchup with their speed, trusting our 1st rounders on the Dline to dominate the LOS and contain their run game?

BV has to already have a plan in his head for this situation - no clue what it will be though. We've played essentially zero nickle this year, unlike past years, but with this extra practice time do we implement it? Cat and mouse game here with 2 great coaching staffs.

Pull Joseph out and put in McMichael, drop a DE on the strong side to take away a swing pass or TE outlet, and send Lamar on a delayed blitz.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 961
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic