Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Think Clemson's offense was fast last season? It's about to get even faster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Think Clemson's offense was fast last season? It's about to get even faster

Apr 8, 2013, 9:50 AM

Think Clemson's offense was fast last season? It's about to get even faster

The fast pace and tempo of Clemson's offense left LSU defenders cramping and gasping for air during the win over the other Tigers in the bowl game, but offensive coordinator Chad Morris has devised a way for it to get even faster. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Think Clemson's offense was fast last season? It's about to get even faster

Apr 8, 2013, 9:56 AM

every play we get faster Les and Saban cry. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban will whine to the SEC, and their refs....

Apr 8, 2013, 10:56 AM

will get involved in any game we have and slow things down by taking their time with spotting the ball. Watch in the UGA game, it will start there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's when Dabo needs to have a heart-to-heart with the

Apr 8, 2013, 11:01 AM

head ref the very first time it happens. Put them on the spot to perform.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Discussions need to occur with the crew during the ....

Apr 8, 2013, 7:57 PM

week leading up to the game to put them on notice.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Precisely!!! If it doesn't fit there style, it must be....

Apr 8, 2013, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Saban will whine to the SEC, and their refs.... ]

illegal.

I like the sound of that !!!!***

Apr 8, 2013, 9:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Going Faster

Going even faster means more false starts. I hope we can remained disciplined with this new tactic.

Re: Going Faster

Apr 8, 2013, 11:50 AM

> Going even faster means more false starts. I hope we
> can remained disciplined with this new tactic.

I don't think so . the slower you go, the more time you have to jump.

I think the opposite

Apr 8, 2013, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Going Faster ]

Doubt there will be many hold counts and it sounds like there will be less play calls at line of scrimmage...both of which will cut down on our false starts

Also, don't remember false starts being a problem with us last year...?

Go Tigers

Re: Going Faster

Apr 8, 2013, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Going Faster ]

That sounds like something an opponent or a coot would say. We have going real fast down, so just a notch faster won't cause nothing for us. Well maybe except for wearing the big bad wolves of the sec down quicker. If it's Ok for them to mass over recruit, it's OK for us to go real fast. At least we won't be unjustly throwing kids under the bus. But we will be gassing the sec kids in our games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Private moments lol. Wonder how many plays Chad has

scripted on rolls of toilet tissue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Private moments lol. Wonder how many plays Chad has

Apr 8, 2013, 10:09 AM

probably a lot of 2nd and 2 plays...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing

Apr 8, 2013, 10:01 AM

The Chad wants to kill the opposing defense...literally. If it gets any faster, I might collapse into cramps.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That time of the

Apr 8, 2013, 10:03 AM

month huh?

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I lol'd my face off.***

Apr 8, 2013, 10:19 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playing "fast" is not the whole story ...

Apr 8, 2013, 11:16 AM

We "played fast" and ran 100 plays versus LSU and won in large part because our defense was effective in producing 3-and-outs and getting the ball back in the hands of our offense.

Then our offense was productive when they had the opportunities to "play fast" ...

Conversely, against SCAR we "played fast" but we ran only about 59 plays and lost because we were ineffective on both sides of the ball.

The total number of plays we run is very important as was clearly illustrated by the LSU game ... but we won't ever run that many plays unless the defense gets the opponent off the field and then our offense moves the chains and scores.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playing "fast" is not the whole story ...well said

Apr 8, 2013, 11:17 AM

we need 3 and outs for the opponent and sustained drives for ourselves

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I guess it's time for Spurrier to say:

Apr 8, 2013, 11:34 AM

"Some coaches believe the number of plays is the most important thing, but last I checked they don't give you points for number of plays."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I guess it's time for Spurrier to say:

Apr 8, 2013, 11:45 AM

until we beat spurrier - we gotta put up with his chit.

That said - I can't wait to see our team in the fall. It can't get here fast enough. :)

Kudos to Chad and the team to look for new ways to make a really good team approach greatness.

Re: Playing "fast" is not the whole story ...

Apr 8, 2013, 12:11 PM

Well said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Think Clemson's offense was fast last season? It's about to get even faster

Apr 8, 2013, 1:52 PM

What I cant WAIT TO SEE.....

Georgia defenders dropping like flies come early 4th Qtr on Aug 31st!!

They will be "cramping" and faking injury just to stop the clock and catch a breath!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

This is all fine and dandy as long as the defense is

Apr 8, 2013, 1:58 PM

doing its job and getting stops and the offense is converting third downs.

How fast we play means NOTHING...

Apr 8, 2013, 3:15 PM

.... if our defense can't get the other team off the field. As USuCk proved in Death Valley last year. Fast nad 59 plays won't get the job done. All this attention to speed and offense, needs to be balanced with a huge improvement to our porous defense. Otherwise, we'll be the fastest, highest play-calling team finishing outside the Top 25.

For the "THAT WON'T CHANGE A THING," crowd...

Apr 8, 2013, 4:25 PM

It will change the other team's defense if we go so fast they have trouble changing their coverages. It will also keep them from substituting as liberally as they want or need.

It will also make it more difficult to simulate our offensive pace in practice. It will make their practices slower and may ###### their comprehensiveness.

Look guys, I know our defense needed a lot of work last season. We've got a new defense this year. The scheme will change as these guys are more experience in the system. The linemen look better than I've seen in a decade and our linebackers may be the best bunch we've had since Danny's days here.

I'm not 'young and dumb,' enough to talk about a MNC in this final year of the BCS but I would be surprised if we didn't make the Orange Bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Refs won't be able to keep up and will constantly kill....

Apr 8, 2013, 7:54 PM

the momentum.

Apr 8, 2013, 5:41 PM

To all you nae sayers,who have never seen a silver lining you couldn't, find a cloud in,get a life.

Spot the #### ball!***

Apr 8, 2013, 6:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Won't be long before someone like Saban gets the rules...

Apr 8, 2013, 7:53 PM

changed to fit their needs.

Re: Won't be long before someone like Saban gets the rules...

Apr 9, 2013, 9:12 AM

The only excuse he could use is that by not giving the defense time to substitute you could be opening up the defensive players to injury.

Need defensive strategy to be flexible to match this.

Apr 9, 2013, 12:32 PM

If our team's success is going to be based mainly on a fast paced offense, our defensive strategy needs to be flexible to accomodate whatever the other team throws at us. If our defense seems to be able to handle the other team's offense and our offense is clicking on all cylinders, then that is fine. But if the other team looks like they are going for long sustained drives or if our offense is having trouble getting going, our defense needs to switch to a more aggressive, risky style. This will keep them on the field less and either produce turnovers or quick scores, versus the long drives that wear our defense down, still end up scoring, and keeps our offense off the field.
Players don't get tired as fast when they are scoring and winning, so even with a big lead, I like keeping the pedal to the metal, but maybe just think about subbing out key players to protect from injuries.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic