Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Game day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Game day

Mar 6, 2013, 8:22 PM

Do you think we'll get game day for uga game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should...

Mar 6, 2013, 8:26 PM

but ESECPN will find a way not to go there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should...

Mar 6, 2013, 8:31 PM

True

Re: We should...

Mar 6, 2013, 8:32 PM [ in reply to We should... ]

But who else is playing
& we play uga ( sec)

Don't Musburger like the ESSO? Gameday's a lock lol***

Mar 6, 2013, 10:01 PM [ in reply to We should... ]

Blackledge I believe***

Mar 6, 2013, 10:27 PM

Do they put Gameday on ABC ?

Mar 6, 2013, 8:36 PM

I don't think so.

I know they put the game on and a bit during halftime.

But not the morning hoopla

anyway, I could care less

Mar 6, 2013, 8:38 PM

never understood our bunch on here drooling over ESPN like teenage girls at a bieber concert

Because it creates exposure for Clemson

Mar 6, 2013, 8:46 PM

ALL. DAY. LONG. And, really, who doesn't want that?

winning creates exposure, no need to fall all over yourself

Mar 6, 2013, 9:02 PM

for the mighty espn

Clemson has its own thing, should be obvious with basic coverage

Getting Gameday at Clemson is a big deal. Especially with

Mar 6, 2013, 9:08 PM [ in reply to anyway, I could care less ]

a big win. Remember JD and CJ after the GT game? That was practically a nationally televised recruiting video. Gameday provides hours of Clemson coverage for a huge national audience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If you say so, to me its much to do about nothing

Mar 6, 2013, 9:14 PM

You get a bunch of staged fans holding signs in the background and then they do two hours of other things with maybe one feature on this game and then the pick at the end.

Just saying

So I'm guessing you weren't there the last time

Mar 6, 2013, 9:47 PM

Gameday came to town. Did you at least watch it? Did you see the features they did on Clemson? Did you hear how many positive comments were made about Clemson for the entire show? Did you notice that they did a lot more than one feature on our game? And did you see the JD and CJ interview after the game?

That was a big day for Clemson. The atmosphere for that day and that game was incredible, and it translated onto the field.

The fans are not staged, and they do multiple stories and features on the host game. Not to mention lots of camera views and pictures of the campus. Plus it's more than 2 hours because coverage starts on ESPNU before it hits ESPN.

Come to think of it...do you ever watch Gameday?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nope, usually at the game

Mar 6, 2013, 9:50 PM

living the real, not the hype

Re: Getting Gameday at Clemson is a big deal.TRUTH!

Mar 6, 2013, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Getting Gameday at Clemson is a big deal. Especially with ]

Thanks for not being a bullsh... like the most here on this post!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay, I get it. You all love it

Mar 6, 2013, 9:53 PM [ in reply to anyway, I could care less ]

country come to town.

I equate it with "having been there before" !

Agree, lets just take care of business. To answer the

Mar 6, 2013, 11:11 PM [ in reply to anyway, I could care less ]

Question about being on abc, it raises a good pt. the only time I remember it not being on espn was ND vs real USC last yr and I hope I remember correctly that it was on N(otre dame)B(road casting)C(hannel). We all remember espns crappy explanation of why it was not us vs the coots. " the nd game had nc implications"

No, what happens is Gameday is always on ESPN, then

Mar 6, 2013, 11:44 PM

generally the host game is aired in prime time on ABC. The only exceptions that exist are when the host game is played earlier. For example, when Gameday is present for the Red River Rivalry, that game is typically played at noon immediately following Gameday.

Thanks for the clarification. So then the only explanation

Mar 7, 2013, 5:54 AM

As to why we would not have it would be espn catering to Saban and a likely mismatch

Re: Game day - NO DOUBT!***

Mar 6, 2013, 9:18 PM

Re: If you say so, to me its much to do about nothing

Mar 6, 2013, 9:36 PM

Staged fans...... Haha what?

Do you need meds for depression?***

Mar 6, 2013, 9:45 PM

I think he was making fun of 84's "staged fans" comment***

Mar 6, 2013, 9:48 PM

Re: So I'm guessing you weren't there the last time

Mar 6, 2013, 9:48 PM

Spot on post of the day.

Final thought on this

Mar 6, 2013, 10:05 PM

If we were Furman or Wofford or that school in Colunbia we should be giddy as school girls.

But we are better than that.

WE ARE CLEMSON

Re: Final thought on this - Nope, you need to get your head

Mar 6, 2013, 10:07 PM

out of where it is hidden! Get some Spirit Man - Where is your All-IN Attitude!

LOL! Well +1 for your effort and for sticking to your guns***

Mar 6, 2013, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Final thought on this ]

Something very cootish about his "i could care less!"***

Mar 6, 2013, 10:10 PM

I thank ye i do

Mar 6, 2013, 10:25 PM [ in reply to LOL! Well +1 for your effort and for sticking to your guns*** ]

and appreciate your points as well

do you have the matching purse to go with your post, nancy?***

Mar 6, 2013, 11:56 PM [ in reply to LOL! Well +1 for your effort and for sticking to your guns*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: do you have the matching purse to go with your post, nancy?***

Mar 7, 2013, 12:24 AM

It's a big deal, DSP....but I see where 84 is coming from, too. TU to you both. GO TIGERS!

We won't!

Mar 6, 2013, 10:28 PM

ESPN won't take a chance starting the season off with an ACC team beatin a SEC power

Wow, what a negative nabob! Of course, it will be Gameday

Mar 6, 2013, 10:40 PM

here! It is the primetime spot and it is the Gameday Sp ot! Lighten up on ESPN, they are thinking of us as SEC type since our great comeback against LSU!

I think it was more of a joke...and a jab at the SEC...***

Mar 6, 2013, 10:44 PM

Playing a likely top 10 SEC team, and its on ABC

Mar 6, 2013, 11:29 PM

I'd say we almost definitely have it. I believe Kirk Herbstreit usually commentates the ABC primetime game. Which is one reason why that game is usually where gameday is hosted. I'm not saying we will without a doubt not get it. But I'd give us about a 90% chance right now.

Also, to the people acting like gameday doesn't mean anything, you obviously weren't there for Georgia Tech in 2006. It creates an insanely awesome atmosphere. Think about it, when else is the entire campus going to get up at 9 AM to start getting ready for an 8 PM game? It creates probably the biggest build up possible, which leads to a rocking crowd. Not to mention that it's incredibly good exposure for us win or lose.

Re: Game day

Mar 7, 2013, 5:37 AM

They show up? Great!

They decide to go elsewher? Their loss!!

Clemson will take care of business whether ESpiN is there or not!!

Tweet THAT!!

The clincher IMO is our win over LSU...unexpected by most,

Mar 7, 2013, 7:07 AM

nail-biting to the fans and TV viewers...and a huge TV audience nationally. Now, we have two old rivals, highly-rated, tons of "swag" chatter, comparisons and contrasts between Tajh and Murray, what may be a battle royal between defenses, and, of course, an SEC power VS the potential ACC champs. Toss in the Clemson campus, a night game in one of the most beautiful stadiums in the country with a legendary tradition and name...and BOOM: a recipe for a monster kickoff in prime time. And, my Friends, that will sell! As my good pal GWP said: Huge, huge, huge for Clemson...if we get it!

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRS! MUD STOMP, A$$-WHIP, THOROUGHLY MUTILATE AND HUMILIATE THE DAWGS!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic