Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Players you "flush it" Dabo and coaches you need to learn from this.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,266

Players you "flush it" Dabo and coaches you need to learn from this.

Nov 14, 2016, 10:38 PM

Coaching did us in on this one and there have been many head scratching decisions over the past few years and the talent has bailed the coaches out. Not calling for a coaching change or anything like that, but if Dabo expects the players to learn he needs to as well.

Mistake:
1. Stop deferring to the second half. We stink at drives to start the 3rd. Apparently we did not figured this out after 9 games.
2. Not sure any of us thought about it at the time either, but yes in retrospect we should have ran the ball on the 3. DW has been an interception machine all year. The coaches should have realized the situation and called straight run plays. No option out of it. He already had thrown 2.
3. You gotta punt with the ball where it was and the way Pitt was moving the ball. There is playing to win the game and then there is disregarding the situation. D had played ok in the second. You give them the ball where we did and all it would take is a few short plays. That is what transpired.
3. Run on 3rd and 4th down after you have not been able to gain anything (I mean anything) on the ground. I get the 3rd down call to keep the clock going but then when you did not get it (mind you should have punted) you have to throw to win.

I hope our coaches self evaluate and take the mistakes THEY have made this season and correct the game management issues moving forward.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously? Dabo got blasted for a couple of years

Nov 14, 2016, 10:44 PM

For not deferring and now you blame him for deferring? Fans are so dang fickle.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously? Dabo got blasted for a couple of years

Nov 14, 2016, 10:44 PM

For not deferring and now you blame him for deferring? Fans are so dang fickle.

Re: Seriously? Dabo got blasted for a couple of years

Nov 14, 2016, 11:03 PM

I am not saying that deferring is generally not the right decision, but this team has shown a pattern of struggles starting the 3rd. Thus change the mindset for this year. Next year to back to deferring to see what that team does.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously? Dabo got blasted for a couple of years

Nov 15, 2016, 6:39 AM

20/20 hindsight is such a wonderful thing

Re: Players you "flush it" Dabo and coaches you need to learn from this.

Nov 15, 2016, 7:40 AM

You do realize in one statement you say we should have ran for three yards in one statement because Deshaun is a pic machine and in another you say we should throw for two yards because we couldn't run all night. Your logic seems a bit off to me.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2016, 7:47 AM

I'm as disappointed as anyone but this is what success brings,let's move on and win out.We are far better off than the Bowden and West days.

Nov 15, 2016, 9:38 AM

cotter: I don't know about the deferring thing but I do know that in no way should DW even have had the option to throw the ball. Run it to the middle, take a knee, run the clock or force them to call TO's, make them go the distance 2 times to win, 1 1/2 times to get a rte. put a defensed lout with 4 down linemen, our fastest LB and 6 DB's.

Nov 15, 2016, 12:07 PM

I love how your 2nd and 4th points contradict each other.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 15, 2016, 12:24 PM

SMH where do these idiots come from.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Nov 15, 2016, 12:34 PM

About the two contradicting points as some have pointed out, it is all situational. On the 3 yard line, is a much different situation with less field to work with than say at the 40 yard line. I see what you mean.
I think there were some coaching mistakes, and everybody says "well we couldn't run the ball". I say there was no need to. A lot of the plays were run pass options, and when they give you the extra 5 yards, you take it. There has been a long history of "situational" play calling mistakes, long before Scott and Morris for that matter. I will have to say, I do like the jumbo package, but everybody knows whats coming.
My hope is that the coaches will learn something, but that certainly has not been the trend. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,266
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic